Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Do you all think Love has hit-song potential ? For me it is sure a little more radio friendly that her previous lead singles and  could see it reaching the top 40 with a little promo

giphy.gif

Do you all think Love has hit-song potential ? For me it is sure a little more radio friendly that her previous lead singles and could see it reaching the top 40 with a little promo

If she redid St. Tropez, yes

Do you all think Love has hit-song potential ? For me it is sure a little more radio friendly that her previous lead singles and  could see it reaching the top 40 with a little promo

not hit, but it could chart quite high. Some of my friends who do not listen to stuff like Lana or pop at all said the song is dope  :creep:

image.png

Transcript of the interview on BBC 1:

H:       And tonight, we’re gonna start it with new music from this lady… Hey Lana Del Rey!  How are you?

LDR:   I’m good, how are you?

H:       I’m very very good, thank you very much.  Thank you so much for your time tonight, it’s lovely to talk to you.

LDR:   Yeah, good to talk to you too.  No problem.

H:       So, new music from you always feels like it’s a bit of a moment, but this is a very very special moment, talk to me about Love.

LDR:   Well, thank you, I mean I’m just so happy that this is the first single that we chose because I really love the message and I love the sound of the record, it has like such a mix of everything that I really love, sonically.  So yeah, I mean it came out a little bit earlier than I thought. (and I’m really excited about it)

H:       Any particular reason why?

LDR:   Well, I mean… It just started leaking the other day, so…

H:       Ah…

LDR:   So, we just got ahead of it and put it out, but I am, I’m really excited about it.

H:       Do you know what, that’s brilliant, because I think that for a lot of artists, especially those artists of your stature, they can bury their head in the sand and pretend that it didn’t happen.  But the fact that you’re going “this has happened, but now you can have it properly,” that’s big.

LDR:   Yeah, thank you, I think so too.  I mean and with social media it just goes everywhere before you could even say, “oh no, it didn’t,” you know?  So, yeah.

H:       So, musically, I think you know what, this feels like classic Lana Del Rey, to me, but you have been working with some really very interesting people, definitely.  It feels like, you know you’ve worked with Benny Blanco on this particular one and it feels like he’s gotten into a Lana Del Rey headspace.

LDR:   That’s… I think that’s kind of true.  Yeah, I don’t know, I guess with the last two records like Honeymoon and Ultraviolence, I definitely was in a place where I wanted to hear mood music, almost kind of stuff that I would like to listen to at home, you know stuff I recorded live, in a room, with a band, like all at once.  But then, I guess now that I’m a couple of years down the line away from the Ultraviolence record, I think I had more I wanted to say, and I wanted it to come through I little bit more clearly, so it was fun to get back into that really big, like clean sound.  So yeah, cool making this record.  Benny’s awesome, he spins with Emile Haynie who did all that kind of like additional production on Born to Die, so it definitely helped kinda add that bigger sound to this single.

H:       Yeah definitely, it’s the return of the cinematic Lana Del Rey

LDR:   Yeah.

H:       It’s in full technicolor as well.

LDR:   Yeah.

H:       Now, is this taken from a forthcoming album?  Is this kind of a little warning shot for what there is to come?

LDR:   It is, yeah.  There is a record and yeah this is a good representation of where it’s headed.  Where the sound is headed.

H:       Brilliant, well I can’t wait to hear more, and thank you so much for not only letting us get ahold of this in an official capacity, but also letting us play it tonight on BBC radio 1.

LDR:   Thank you so much, I appreciate it and I’m really glad that you like it.

H:       When you’re over in the UK we definitely have to have a proper sit down and a proper chat.  We need to pick your brains on the way that you do things, it’s very interesting

LDR:   I would love to tell you, I would love to tell you everything, I’d love to do that.

I don't have any more expectations, Lana blew them all up already, I don't care anymore if it sounds like UV or BTD or Para or HM or AKA or Sirens or her hundreds of unreleased, I trust her 1000000% because she already gave me more than what I was dreaming of. 

If she redid St. Tropez, yes

The best song ever made

I just recorded the parts from the insta app D: Sorry sister, I'll see if someone can get in HQ to you, kk? <3

Thank you! I'm gonna try to get it from your insta as well in case we don't get anything else, thanks for recording :)

4tdWYMA.png

Best American Record

Lana Del Rey

Expected Release: April 3, 2017

Rumored Tracks in Alphabetical Order
Beautiful & Rich (Ft. A$AP Rocky)
Best American Record
Betrayal (Ft. Lady Gaga)
In Your Arms
Love
No Sense of Stability
Roses and Belladonna
Subversive Road
Wild Side

Sidenote: This is NOT a leak, nor something that's been officially confirmed yet.

Beautiful & Rich ft A$AP Rocky and..... Britney 

:thumb3:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

I don't have any more expectations, Lana blew them all up already, I don't care anymore if it sounds like UV or BTD or Para or HM or AKA or Sirens or her hundreds of unreleased, I trust her 1000000% because she already gave me more than what I was dreaming of. 

The best song ever made

Thank you! I'm gonna try to get it from your insta as well in case we don't get anything else, thanks for recording :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one#

The interview starts at about -1:06:00

That interview seems to reinforce the thing she said before about that new clarity of inner dialogue, it feels like this time (as she said) she has something she wants to say and wants the lyrics to be heard more clearly, so I'm really looking forward to not just this cleaner cinematic sound but to the lyrics of this album being more distinguishable? Hopefully this era will have less disagreements over in the Lyrics forums about what exactly she is singing? (Of course, full lyrics in the booklet would be a treat  :hooker: )

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

y'all this is the furthest i've ever reached but i SECRETLY hope so hard

that when she says this is an album for the fans, that she's been working 

to obtain the rights to LiB and she's going to give it to us. Like it would actually

fit the sound of the album so far since she's said she's going for a cinematic

sort of style..so...why not?

bth_i2XELp790RLD2_zps92a14945.gif

P.S. 

This is just a stupid dream of mine pls don't be hateful it's not me "predicting" anything

it's just a dumb what if kind of scenario so <3

y'all this is the furthest i've ever reached but i SECRETLY hope so hard

that when she says this is an album for the fans that she's been working 

to obtain the rights to LiB and she's going to give it to us. Like it would actually

fit the sound of the album so far so...why not?

bth_i2XELp790RLD2_zps92a14945.gif

P.S. 

This is just a stupid dream of mine pls don't be hateful it's not me "predicting" anything

it's just a dumb what if kind of scenario so <3

search_results.gif?1383715090

sis I had the same thought

But I won't get my hopes up

I'll just accept that we'll never get it if it's not on LDR5

image.png

It's ming blowing when you're midway through the "Love" video and you realize that girl is that same little cute blonde who sang "Kill Kill" and "Jump". If it weren't for the name change and her dark long hair, it's been like a supreme evolution of Lizzy Grant