Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

My problem with Love / BAR is that it sounds too manufactured.
I mean, I loved Ultraviolence & Honeymoon because they were independant from what people was waiting. It was popy but not easy, it was atypical.
But those two new songs are like syntheses of BTD, PARADISE, UV + HONEYMOON, for some kind of a fan-service strategy. And I deeply don't like it.
As @Constentine says, Emile's samples are too much. It was cool on BTD / P because it was new, but so much years later, it don't feels like before. It's just some kind of uninspired deja-vu gadget.

And in this two new songs I can't aim to localize the sounds. All the previous records was really warm, like seaside, west coasts hot vibes, or some times classy east coast vibes too. But here, it's not warm, but it's not cold. It's just some radio thing. And I can't see anything retro. I mean, a lot of people are saying there's something retro in "Love", but sorry, listen to real retro music, and there's nothing retro in Love. It just sounds like radio versions of LDR songs. Lyrics are really great, and I'm sure the songs could be great as f, but the actual production is really weak, uninspired and unrisky.

I understood why Born To Die was that pop, and heavily produced, but in 2017 I don't understand that whole stepback thing.

BTD and Paradise was uniques at their respective times. We don't need a third segment today.

Hope the whole album will not be like that.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Unpopular opinion 2: the production of Love renders the track memorable

(Although I'd prefer Auerbach style)

Therefore if she always sticks with the same bland songwriters, she needs to go back to this sound

My problem with Love / BAR is that it sounds too manufactured.

I mean, I loved Ultraviolence & Honeymoon because they were independant from what people was waiting. It was popy but not easy, it was atypical.

But those two new songs are like syntheses of BTD, PARADISE, UV + HONEYMOON, for some kind of a fan-service strategy. And I deeply don't like it.

As @Constentine says, Emile's samples are too much. It was cool on BTD / P because it was new, but so much years later, it don't feels like before. It's just some kind of uninspired deja-vu gadget.

And in this two new songs I can't aim to localize the sounds. All the previous records was really warm, like seaside, west coasts hot vibes, or some times classy east coast vibes too. But here, it's not warm, but it's not cold. It's just some radio thing. And I can't see anything retro. I mean, a lot of people are saying there's something retro in "Love", but sorry, listen to real retro music, and there's nothing retro in Love. It just sounds like radio versions of LDR songs. Lyrics are really great, and I'm sure the songs could be great as f, but the actual production is really weak, uninspired and unrisky.

I understood why Born To Die was that pop, and heavily produced, but in 2017 I don't understand that whole stepback thing.

BTD and Paradise was uniques at their respective times. We don't need a third segment today.

Hope the whole album will not be like that.

Totally agree, i don't know why at this point of her career, instead of growing and experimenting new sounds she's pleasing all the teenagers who want to return at BTD era.

Can we talk for a minute about how bad ur fat whore fav single is tho :deadbanana:

she can fart to a mic and still a legend.

She already paid her dues. 5 grammys 250 million records (Lana wishes)

tumblr_nj8hp5Vcxe1qk08n1o1_250.gif

Also how is this relate to anything in this thread? Get better at dragging.

On a good note, Love is predicted to rise on the UK charts next week and reach #33 :teehee:

I know yall dont wanna talk about sales but I want to change the subject of this thread

giphy.gif