Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly I think the biggest problem with us as a fan base is because Lana has done so many genres rock-uv and aka,trip hop-born to die/paradise and honeymoon and pop-quarter of her unreleased we expect what we want and not what Lana wants so i think we should just allow her to do what's best at this present moment in time for her

Which happens to be a more radio friendly single

uhhhh, what? i would hardly call BTD, Paradise, or Honeymoon trip-hop.

giphy.gif

I swear the film 'The Love Witch' was a biopic on Lana Del Rey...

I'm so happy we have witch Lana, it was long overdue. But I think it was suspect ever since her freak music videos had some serious Charles Manson undertones.

tumblr_ol4uiapdkZ1tzdu2xo1_400.gif tumblr_olkhjuu9ku1qzhvd4o1_400.gif

tumblr_olej3frqMt1rmbm9bo3_540.gif

Omg the first one looks exactly like Wet Costco video. mess

What, I'm behind, I must've missed this back then

I though she liked the end result of UV, considering she also "fought" with her label to let her release it as it was even if they weren't impressed

I translated some passages from interviews she gave to French press before and after she dropped UV:

At first, she was very happy with her work with Dan: "(...) Dan is stubborn, dominant, he likes when we first test his ideas. It was exactly what I wanted." (Libération Next)

"I had the whole album! I had twelve songs, I produced them all alone, but Dan opened my eyes. He told me that my songs sound too much like classic rock, too much in the style of the seventies. He took matters into his own hands." (Paris Match)

This one is weird, but maybe it's just me: "At first, my album and the Black Keys one was going to drop on the same day - May 1st. But after four weeks of recording mine, he was so involved that he was thinking it's his record." (Les Inrockuptibles)

But after the release and all the critics she received, she said for Grazia: "I was very happy about the release of Ultraviolence. But when I listen to my album, a few things that I felt when I wrote this songs tell me that I went too far. They have set me in situations I couldn't control, that I didn't want."

I have some more quotes from Grazia who really shows that she had a bad time with UV era: " At the very beginning, my feeling was really good, but later, when I was wondering how to finish this album, I became more introverted."

"[About being famous] I like to go out to dinner, but now it's impossible. Everyone has a phone, a camera... It's strange to say, but it's my everyday life: they take pictures of me even when I buy aspirin."

Also she opened a lot during 2014, we learned so much about her and her dark feelings.

Maybe I'm going too far, but I have a feeling that Dan changed her album a lot and now she regrets it because she don't feel the same anymore. It could also explain why she don't sing a lot of songs from UV during shows.

tumblr_n3uc3h7ELp1qlsak1o1_500.gif

Maybe I'm going too far, but I have a feeling that Dan changed her album a lot and now she regrets it because she don't feel the same anymore. It could also explain why she don't sing a lot of songs from UV during shows.

I've never thought of this! It makes a lot of sense, seeing as that album was so intensely emotional, and I've said before, she probably put Honeymoon out as soon as she did just to create distance between her and Ultraviolence. So the album we're getting now could be a homage to the original Ultraviolence, before Dan, seeing as it already carries the 'untouchable 5' vibes.

Hope it carries dark undertones. If every song is as optimistic as Love I'll have a hard time getting into it. The blackness of her music is the greatest allure

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I think it's the same as with some BTD songs, she just prefers "her" versions (sonically). Now content wise MPG and FMWUTTT would have probably never ended up on the original UV, i can't see her "situations she didn't want" quote being about any other tracks.

i76mrxw.png 

I've never thought of this! It makes a lot of sense, seeing as that album was so intensely emotional, and I've said before, she probably put Honeymoon out as soon as she did just to create distance between her and Ultraviolence. So the album we're getting now could be a homage to the original Ultraviolence, before Dan, seeing as it already carries the 'untouchable 5' vibes.

Hope it carries dark undertones. If every song is as optimistic as Love I'll have a hard time getting into it. The blackness of her music is the greatest allure

I am not gettin the "untouchable 5" vibe from Love. First of all, because you can clearly hear it is a haynie production and thematically it is also way more universal then these 5 songs are.

I just found another interesting quote, from Grazia (again lol), when a journalist asked about her perfectionism: "It's painful to sing the same songs every night, over again..."

me everytime someone writes something longer than a paragraph on this thread

tumblr_inline_o9rvtc8EOu1th60dd_400.jpg

I'm sorry, I always get passionate when it comes to Lana :smokeney:

I swear the film 'The Love Witch' was a biopic on Lana Del Rey...

I'm so happy we have witch Lana, it was long overdue. But I think it was suspect ever since her freak music videos had some serious Charles Manson undertones.

tumblr_ol4uiapdkZ1tzdu2xo1_400.gif tumblr_olkhjuu9ku1qzhvd4o1_400.gif

tumblr_olej3frqMt1rmbm9bo3_540.gif

This movie is actually really good! I recommend watching it. I found it on 123movies.is or .to i think

In some pictures its like GODDAMN she looks 99% like lana

508943_094.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTieZJyOJY-R4wJrPgBHy-AOv0RVsp0GYXtAJrmZ88wwaPOKE7P1GXU-SUc 

Id love for her to go Love Witch style. James franco even said its like her in an interview

http://www.indiewire.com/2016/11/james-franco-movie-column-the-love-witch-feminism-1201745315/

3rd point- if Love doesn't do as well as one wanted it to, blame the leakers (YOU) for making her release it sooner than wanted.

Perhaps grow up and have a little patience and not sabotage her.

Hmm.

>Lana doesn't need promo

>Love not doing well is the fault of the leakers

Pick one.

Songs often leak before their intended release, that's been a fact for most of the 21st Century thus far. And yet, there are songs that get leaked still do well. 

If Love doesn't do as well as it could have, it's not because of leakers. It's because Lana or Interscope failed to push the song the way they should. That's Lana Del Rey's fault, not leakers'.

giphy.gif