Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

Tbh I don't care if Mariah can sing or not, she's a shitty person and I'm just not here for that. Lana is humble and talented so it's a win-win with her. :judgingu:

"Shitty person"...

Said the person who stans a problematic girl who promotes suicide and witchcraft.

tumblr_nj8hp5Vcxe1qk08n1o1_250.gif

Do you think Lana will actually do a proper world tour this time round? Even if its a small one? 

Especially in the U.K and Europe  :creep:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

This is true lmfao, when she performed TLY, HM, and HBTB at a radio interview I got second hand embarrassment :toofunny:

But it seems to be gettin better

I'm actually very concern that she is still smoking. It's detrimental to her voice.

Emile already grabbed the song by her hair tho... wyd?

I thought that it was only a demo that Emile didn't touched! My mistake. Well, BAR is perfect, I hope they don't change anything in this song

Do you think Lana will actually do a proper world tour this time round? Even if its a small one? 

she fucking better lmao

i'll unstan if she won't tour europe for the 3rd time in a row.

i76mrxw.png 

My problem with Love / BAR is that it sounds too manufactured.

I mean, I loved Ultraviolence & Honeymoon because they were independant from what people was waiting. It was popy but not easy, it was atypical.

But those two new songs are like syntheses of BTD, PARADISE, UV + HONEYMOON, for some kind of a fan-service strategy. And I deeply don't like it.

As @Constentine says, Emile's samples are too much. It was cool on BTD / P because it was new, but so much years later, it don't feels like before. It's just some kind of uninspired deja-vu gadget.

And in this two new songs I can't aim to localize the sounds. All the previous records was really warm, like seaside, west coasts hot vibes, or some times classy east coast vibes too. But here, it's not warm, but it's not cold. It's just some radio thing. And I can't see anything retro. I mean, a lot of people are saying there's something retro in "Love", but sorry, listen to real retro music, and there's nothing retro in Love. It just sounds like radio versions of LDR songs. Lyrics are really great, and I'm sure the songs could be great as f, but the actual production is really weak, uninspired and unrisky.

I understood why Born To Die was that pop, and heavily produced, but in 2017 I don't understand that whole stepback thing.

BTD and Paradise was uniques at their respective times. We don't need a third segment today.

Hope the whole album will not be like that.

Exactly. As I wrote two weeks ago I don't want a 2.0 version of any of her previous works. I'd rather see her taking risks with her music and with her style. But returning to Emile seems to be a step back to the (to my ears) overproduced BTD-era and the autotuned loon is fun on one song. Or two. Maybe three. But not on an entire album. I really like "Love" and "B.A.R." too, both are immediate ear pleasers, but tbh I still hope that the album has a few other sounds on it. For me Lana's best songs are those which I have to dive into to dig them and which, at first listen, I'm not enthusiastic about. There has to be something left to discover for me, even after 20 listens. I just hope that the label didn't push Lana into a safer sound (like Marina was pushed into working with all those "star producers" on "Electra heart") because the label was disappointed with the sales for "Honeymoon".

But ofc it doesn't matter what I (or we all) want, we can't change the album's direction, it will sound as it sounds regardless of our opinions in this forum or elsewhere – so bring on the best american record, Lana! :)

BAR is so good I am shook :oprah: I kind of like the clearer vocals in this specific track so I hope this is the final and not a demo. But if there was more instrumentation and beats for the final then it wouldn't be a problem either. Emile betta be on it I'm ready for the loon and big sound, the chorus could be explosive with the right sound. :defeated:

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

i really dont think BAR compares to BTD. BTD was so beat heavy and full of a lot more textures(crowds, people shouting, loon). Even Love has less textures, and all the textures seem to be new ones, so she's rlly not doing BTD 2.0 in my opinion. BAR and Love are v different from BTD. I love Emile and i'm excited for the future!!!(and the things to come cuz im young and in looooooooove)

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

"Shitty person"...

Said the person who stans a problematic girl who promotes suicide and witchcraft.tumblr_nj8hp5Vcxe1qk08n1o1_250.gif

For the last time, Witchcraft isn't bad, especially western witchcraft, do your research please.

And I hardly think Lana promotes suicide.

Why are you even here?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

BAR is so good I am shook :oprah: I kind of like the clearer vocals in this specific track so I hope this is the final and not a demo. But if there was more instrumentation and beats for the final then it wouldn't be a problem either. Emile betta be on it I'm ready for the loon and big sound, the chorus could be explosive with the right sound. :defeated:

I loved this song. It's not messy and overproduced like some BTD songs. I hope that it's the final version

Exactly. As I wrote two weeks ago I don't want a 2.0 version of any of her previous works. I'd rather see her taking risks with her music and with her style. But returning to Emile seems to be a step back to the (to my ears) overproduced BTD-era and the autotuned loon is fun on one song. Or two. Maybe three. But not on an entire album. I really like "Love" and "B.A.R." too, both are immediate ear pleasers, but tbh I still hope that the album has a few other sounds on it. For me Lana's best songs are those which I have to dive into to dig them and which, at first listen, I'm not enthusiastic about. There has to be something left to discover for me, even after 20 listens. I just hope that the label didn't push Lana into a safer sound (like Marina was pushed into working with all those "star producers" on "Electra heart") because the label was disappointed with the sales for "Honeymoon".

But ofc it doesn't matter what I (or we all) want, we can't change the album's direction, it will sound as it sounds regardless of our opinions in this forum or elsewhere – so bring on the best american record, Lana! :)

Lana is free to leave Interscope if they don't allow her to make the music that she want to make anymore.

I loved this song. It's not messy and overproduced like some BTD songs. I hope that it's the final version

Like they say, less is more. I can't wait to hear the other songs!

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i really dont think BAR compares to BTD. BTD was so beat heavy and full of a lot more textures(crowds, people shouting, loon). Even Love has less textures, and all the textures seem to be new ones, so she's rlly not doing BTD 2.0 in my opinion. BAR and Love are v different from BTD. I love Emile and i'm excited for the future!!!(and the things to come cuz im young and in looooooooove)

I agree 100%. I don't find either of the songs we've hear so far sound like a BTD 2.0 at all. I think that lana summed it up nicely when she said she was trying to get back to that big clean sound, I feel like both songs do that (love especially) without it sounding like she's making another BTD

to me:

BTD/PA- Hip-hop inspiration, lots of samples drawing between, orchestral sounds. I'm Poppy. One word that can define this album for me is "overproduced", in a dichotomous manichaeism way

ULTRA- Surf rock from 60's, psychedelic, soft rock. No much fuzz from orchestra. Very stripped back, except some tracks like Old Money and Black Beauty

HONEY- Jazzy, trip-hop (Salvatore beat is obv trip-hop, very Massive Attack), jazz orchestra reminding me Chet Baker stuff. Some inspiration from trap music. A bit of both last albums are in this

So what do you think we can expect from this new record?

For the last time, Witchcraft isn't bad, especially western witchcraft, do your research please.

And I hardly think Lana promotes suicide.

Why are you even here?

I was implying that your opinion is clouded and your judgement is based on stories you read on the media or the press. I guess that didn't go through your skull.

A majority and many people still think Lana is an anti feminist suicidal auto tune singer. + plus witch now.