Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

West Coast ruined career.

And I will NEVER forgive that song.

It will always be trash to me.

With West Coast and Ultraviolence, Lana Del Rey has become a true artist, what it is most important of her career, sales and mediatic success.

Sorry for being off-topic but I have a huge problem with that whole witchcraft thing because it does not make clear enough whether people really just care about the symbolism  (which I informed myself about and can understand) and individually spiritual aspect of it or whether a great deal of people really buy into that hocus-pocus stuff. I think feminism is a great thing but it makes me uncomfortable to see a movement with more and more people disregarding science in a similar way the alt-right does by trying to legitimize fairy tales about *+*+* magic stuff *+*+* that science can't explain. It's one of the most ridiculous developments in recent history and it does its part on driving our society away from reason

kySyfQZ.jpg

Sorry for being off-topic but I have a huge problem with that whole witchcraft thing because it does not make clear enough whether people really just care about the symbolism  (which I informed myself about and can understand) and individually spiritual aspect of it or whether a great deal of people really buy into that hocus-pocus stuff. I think feminism is a great thing but I will not not stand with a moment that disrespects science in the same way the alt-right does by trying to legitimize fairy tales about *+*+* magic stuff *+*+* that science can't explain. It's one of the most ridiculous developments in recent history and it does its part on driving our society away from reason When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks like a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing 'fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might so When You Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, Cuz You'll Know That You're Right

4Z756N6.gif

Random thought but I hope that when Lana said this album is for her fans she also meant that she won't just talk about love and relationships.

She should try to write about other feelings and experiences as well, and by doing that her fans could probably relate more to her music. I'm tired of her writing always about the same theme for these last 4 albums.

0pMsAmK.png

free promo ! Anyways am I the only one who sees her eyes blue ?

giphy.gif

I hate how some of you expect her to be like all the "pop stars" in the music industry. She clearly doesn't want that. Lana does what she wants and how she wants to do it. Everyone is so fast to judge her management and team but that's how she wants it and who she likes. Never gonna be a Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Lorde. That's why I love her so much. She doesn't change her style to fit in with what's popular.

Tbh I don't think Witchcraft steers people away from logical/scientific thinking at all, and to just assume that is pretty ignorant. Please do your research.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I don't even get why people are still suprised she "flops". Expecting promo because some performances of your fav singer and stuff like that are nice to look at/listen to. But if you want Top 10 smasher so bad you have to whine about it on a daily basis, I don't get why you are still around after UV and HM

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hate how some of you expect her to be like all the "pop stars" in the music industry. She clearly doesn't want that. Lana does what she wants and how she wants to do it. Everyone is so fast to judge her management and team but that's how she wants it and who she likes. Never gonna be a Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Lorde. That's why I love her so much. She doesn't change her style to fit in with what's popular.

Totally agree with, we should be proud of the fact that Lana has never sold off her artistic integrity to climb the charts or for money, always remaining true to herself. The music quality is not measured on the basis of its commercial success, and I doesn't find it exciting just talking promo, sales, charts, hit and so on. It's much more interesting to talk about music, which in the end is the only thing that really matters.

Saying west coast is a flop is a retarted statement bc its her highest debut on the hot 100 at no.17

the timeless bop Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix) peaked at #6 on the hot 100 and #3 on top 40. thats success

Saying west coast is a flop is a retarted statement bc its her highest debut on the hot 100 at no.17

oh please it dropped out of the charts the week after.

It is a certified flop but I don't understand how sales define the quality of the music

giphy.gif

Says the Taylor Swift fan BNkC96m.gif

Your fixation with me is something else. I reckon I'm one of the few decent things about this shit forum but damn, take it down a bit.

--

~ironically~ stanning the summertime sadness remix is so 2013. Do better already.

Guys, you're still crying about charts??

Charts were Lana's thing when BtD era was a thing.. After that, she stopped caring about charts.. And here you are, after all these years, complaining about her flopping.. WHY??

I get it, you're her fans, but so am I!! If she doesn't care about charts (she has a lot of money, can buy us all together), why would you cry?? I want her to do more promo, yes, but you gotta understand that she's not gonna do it.. I'm like 'whatever, if she's okay with that, so am I, meh"..

Dunno, but load of :) in this post, I'll stop and remove myself from the face of the Earth. 

:horror:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro