Say Yes to Heaven

LDR5 - Pre-Release Thread

http://variancemagazine.com/sounds/7478-lana-del-rey-love

"Del Rey created the song with producer and longtime collaborator Rick Nowels, with additional production from Benny Blanco and Emile Haynie. The full album will include contributions from a number of "exciting guest featured artists," according to a rep in a message to Variance."  

Regarding the new music, the singer said: “I made my first four albums for me, but this one is for my fans and about where I hope we are all headed."

for her fans .. number of exciting features. oh wow she's really going to be ruthless with this album.. WHEW. I'm honestly so excited

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I'm torn about covers, I want her to get precisely covered but I agree she does so much better alone, it's super easy for other artists to overpower her voice. I'd prefer if it wasn't vocal collabs even though it'd mean less sale, but it would still have power

ZKcaooE.png

This whole thing makes me feel so affectionate for her-- that she wrote that it was for us, that she's promoting loving one another, that she's not letting the way that she's been treated get in the way of putting out this record and she's trying not to let us down. Like she's just a good person like no one can say she isn't

also I've said it once and I'll say it again it's totally FJM

Lana has embraced the importance of her Billboard Trailblazer award last year and it was empowering to her

as was the entire woman sticking together in music and life and politics

Love is a highly political song

and a highly protest song masked inside it

It is also very deep, so deep that some might not grasp it

It is a very mature song. and sage advice almost from a parent or teacher to a younger person to get involved in the world

and is very one-universe, one-world  making it 100% an anti-Donald Trump song

It is empowering and quite a political statement.

and I believe as stated, it all gelled together from the Billboard Trailblazer award which gave her the confidence to see that she indeed arrived and

has the empowerment to be a leader (which musically also shows from the early songs to Born to die to Paradise to Ultraviolence to the battle within that

was Honeymoon.

Words

Have

Meaning

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp