Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

wow, is it November yet?

So Pussy is exciting. I'm glad this Paradise has sex.

American makes me feel giddy and tingly just in the first couple seconds, I can't imagine what a whole song would do to me.

So in Gods & Monsters I don't think I have ever heard Lana sing in this lower chest voice with such great breathe support. The vocal frye @ "doing"! But she surely climbs up that scale. Does anyonelse think she sounds a little like Stevie Nick at some parts?

Bel Air reminded me of the the opening theme for Beauty and the Beast.

& I love the editing of the preview.

giffix-1.gif

It sounds great, one problem I have it with it though is that I think they edited her voice abit too much - the echo in Yayo and the autotune in Body Electric is very unnecessary in my opinion. I love the snippet of American to death

*Insert awesome and creative photo of Lana with added photoshops effects here*

Guest Maru the Cat

301146_4601536475849_1132644714_n.jpg

:legend:

8 new songs? I wonder which one is going to be excluded for the majority of us :(

The cover is okay, too much photoshop and I don't like how they darkened it alot. I hope there'll be a new photoshoot for this album

*Insert awesome and creative photo of Lana with added photoshops effects here*

Guest Maru the Cat

I FIGURED OUT WHAT "RIDE" SOUNDS LIKE:

LANA DEL REY + THE KILLERS (CIRCA SAM'S TOWN) = RIDE

Am I alone in thinking this?

EDIT: Apparently not, MuuMuse thinks so too.

EDIT: Apparently not, MuuMuse thinks so too.

According to that article, "Ride" was produced by Rick Rubin. Do we have any other confirmation of that? Because that would explain why it sounds better than the other songs from what we've heard so far.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest Maru the Cat

According to that article, "Ride" was produced by Rick Rubin. Do we have any other confirmation of that? Because that would explain why it sounds better than the other songs from what we've heard so far.

I don't know, but he's a very reliable source. He primarily writes for MTV.

EDIT: Have we gotten a date for the music video, or at least some sort of approximation?

Guest Maru the Cat

I can't wait! I just ordered the box set. By the way, is Burning Desire an iTunes bonus track?

I hope not, it'd be nice to have it on physical copy :3

I finally figured out what Ride reminds me of!! You know this song during major sport events, where they show people in slow motion doing incredible things (and incredible faces), pushed on their very limits, sweating and crying because they made it.

Change the lyrics a little and there you go, the next Olympic Games song.

up45I.gif

8 new songs? I wonder which one is going to be excluded for the majority of us :(

Burning Desire was the promotional single, right? So maybe it won't be on the album when it's actually released. We can all buy it now, so I'm thinking they won't include it later on, especially since it's the last track on the album.

14417469274.gif

Burning Desire was the promotional single, right? So maybe it won't be on the album when it's actually released. We can all buy it now, so I'm thinking they won't include it later on, especially since it's the last track on the album.

But it says on iTunes that it's on the album. If it wasn't it would probably just not be there and have a cover like "Blue Velvet" or something.

last.fm