Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

Lipsters, Ride is already up for download on itunes in some countries!

But I dont have an itunes account :(

'jldafsbvovdskh ;lv

What countries, oh pinupgirls where are you, it's totally in Germany, I bet.

What we need now is for someone to make blatantly racist remarks and then get a lot of heat for it and then try to make up for it by jumping through hoops to buy an iTunes download from another country and then share it with everyone.

Though i'm not really advocating one person supplying us all with the song. PATIENCE, guys.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest Maru the Cat

What we need now is for someone to make blatantly racist remarks and then get a lot of heat for it and then try to make up for it by jumping through hoops to buy an iTunes download from another country and then share it with everyone.

Though i'm not really advocating one person supplying us all with the song. PATIENCE, guys.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Guest Maru the Cat

Just started listening to Ride.

PLEASE LANA, MAKE ME STAN FOR YOU AND USE THE WORD FLAWLESS A TRAGIC NUMBER OF TIMES. I HATE BEING THE NEGATIVE NANCY OF THE FORUM

I am thoroughly enthused. Believe it or not.

Blasphemy! Who are you and what have you done with the real Monicker!?

Guys, stop complaining about Body Electric. It sounds way better than the live versions.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I THINK THEY GOT BODY ELECTRIC RIGHT. Seems like it’s going to be a tasteful arrangement and non-offensive production. PHEW. I really cannot wait to hear the string outro. I would’ve never called that the final vocal take though, not such a great vocal from the little we can hear here, though i am glad she doesn't sound as restrained as she usually does on record and that she is singing more how she does live.

The reverb on Yayo sucks my ass. That is like the worst of the worst, cheap digital reverb. Oy. However, that is how you record a piano, dude. Thank goodness. Shitty quality reverb aside, Yayo might not be a train wreck after all!

Yes, it's a miracle that both "Body Electric" and "Yayo" may not suffer too much from the production. But the vocals, and whatever they've done to them, are terrible. HDB & Monicker, I couldn't disagree with you more on the BE vocals. Those growly, unhinged live vocals-- almost out of control, but not quite-- are what made BE so good. The studio BE vocal is the textbook example of one of those restrained vocals of hers that captures nothing of the magic of her live performances, and is only possibly eclipsed in that regard by the disparity between the studio and live versions of MDM. And you know how much I rave about that. Similarly, this "Yayo" vocal is inferior to any other version of "Yayo" we've heard. She's late on "ink blue" and whatever processing they've done to her voice is atrocious.

Oh my god, COLA. I am floored. Everything about it, the sublime string quartet (thank fucking god for real strings, though too much fucking stereo separation, Emile, argh), the lovely tremolo guitar (though i wish this silly obsession with double tracking everything would subside), the insane, incongruous lyrics. This shit is going to be fucking amazing. I have just used the word fucking a lot.

Now I think you're just fucking insane. My pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola? My eyes were wide like cherry pies? The ridiculous lyrics ruin everything. Auto-Tuned Loon could write better lyrics than this.

Also, Rick Rubin?! Really? Interesting.

Yeah, which makes me surprised it's not better. Madrigal, do you know which tracks he was involved with? I wish she'd made an album with just Rick Rubin.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Guest Maru the Cat

I LOVE RIDE FORGIVE ME FOR EVER DOUBTING YOU LANA I LOVE YOU

*UGLY CREYS*

Yeah, which makes me surprised it's not better. Madrigal, do you know which tracks he was involved with? I wish she'd made an album with just Rick Rubin.

It would be amazing! Seriously, her work with Jewish producers (e.g. Kahne) is gr8.

No, I don't know yet, but I tweeted him...hopefully he'll respond.

Guest Maru the Cat

I love how everyone is engaging in thoughtful discussion and I'm not contributing. Ooops.

I'm so excited for American and Gods & Monsters! And you can't deny Body Electric sounds way better than in the live version, I'm feeling the same I used to feel about the live version of Summertime Sadness and then hearing the studio, it may sound weird the first time but is better

2wn4whw.png

You guys, i think a lot of what some of you are hearing as vocal "processing" is just compression artifacts, which there are a LOT of because these clips are compressed to death. The sound quality of everything we've heard so far is absolutely wretched. Let's wait until we can properly play the CD. I've listened to Burning Desire and Ride once and that's all i'm going to do because the quality is intolerable.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein