Mileena

Paradise - Pre-Release Thread

Just had to say I'm still in convulsions crying, Lana's forever queen. It's brilliant to have this re-release now, since she seems to be building up in popularity around where I am, maybe in other places too?

These titles are pretty bad and i’m disappointed that the longer titles were shortened. Ride, Cola, and Gods & Monsters are eXXXplicit, dawg. So many people are going to be SO pissed with whatever form Yayo takes on in this release. SO PISSED. Why would she even rerecord this song for this release? Is she insane? Does this mean that AKA is definitely remaining in oblivion? She already, so early in her public career, reminds me of one legendary music group (who i shall not name) who is notorious for continually making the wrong decisions and endlessly frustrating their fans.

Two discs, obviously. Don’t see how it couldn’t be. It’s nice that it’s nine tracks, but at the same time the nature of this release strikes me as kind of stupid. Why not add a few more and call it a new album? It almost seems as if she’s trying to box herself into the mold that the media and public know her by from her recent rise to fame.

The running times on tracks 1-15 are ever so slightly different (1 to 2 second differences on some) which, i think, either means: a) they’ve been inputed incorrectly by iTunes or they're only listing the actual running time of the music sans any silence, b) the space in between tracks was tinkered with a little for this release, or c) they could be longer/shorter fades (and if so that might very well mean that they even did additional things/changes to the recordings). Any word on the first fifteen tracks? They should be exactly the same masters as BTD, right?

That Burning Desire clip is doing nothing for me. That melody is so generic :( Maybe it’ll be a grower though. Hope so. It’s weird, i almost feel as if i’m listening to a drone. It sounds so brickwalled. Oh well, it’s top 40 music, what am i expecting.

I’m not sure if the the album cover is somehow good or if it’s atrocious. I'm very confused about this. I guess it would be a nice touch if it was a cardboard slipcase and the gold was embossed. It kind of seems like a caricature though, a self-parody. At least the color correction is not heinous like in those Nicole Nodland Summertime Sadness promo shots. Though the airbrushing of her skin makes me want to go off the grid and live a hermetic life atop a very far away mountain.

At any rate, i'm still very excited for this release.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Oh no why does she look so edited? I hate pop

I see yayo!!!!! Ohhhh yayo please let it not be overproduced

And also wtf ?! No long titles???? Ew that's gross

:derpna2:

Guest Maru the Cat

tumblr_mava53ccwf1rsz278o1_500.jpg

'Dat photoshop tho

THANK YOU. That album cover is ugly as fuck, I hope someone uses the "unedited" photo and makes a better cover.

Other than that, tres ecite!

The album isn't out yet, don't trash it already. Breath Monicker, I think you're still under shock. :D

You're right. I'm going to go for a walk, haaa. But to be fair, i wasn't exactly trashing it--just giving my initial impressions and observations in a rambling way. But yeah, i shall breathe and carry on. U R BOSS, LILY.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Guest Maru the Cat

THE VERSION OF BLUE VELVET IS DIFFERENT rHLdX.png rHLdX.png rHLdX.png rHLdX.png

It's a second longer. _tehe__by_dbestarchitect.png

MdGha.png

tumblr_mava53ccwf1rsz278o1_500.jpg

Why does the ori. photo reminds me of Daryl Hannah?

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Guest Maru the Cat

I feel like Sam/Lost Weekend/Trash Magic/Other Covers or Coney Island King would've done a MUCH better job making the album art for this re-release. I'm just really disappointed with how it turned out.

Aside from that, I have this horrible, sinking feeling that this re-release is going to mediocre at best. I would LOVE to be proven wrong though :3