Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Other than the BTD era Lana has always kinda been a commercial flop, so nothing to be surprised about. I she was actually trying and flopped then y'all could be sad but she's doing nothing so the result is expected. Who cares, I'm here for the music

THANK YOU!! We can only do so much with streaming. If she isn't putting the effort in to be commercially successful, then that's on her and her team. But like you said, does it really matter? I'm here for the music too, which is always amazing. 

All I wanna do is get high by the beach

Other than the BTD era Lana has always kinda been a commercial flop, so nothing to be surprised about. I she was actually trying and flopped then y'all could be sad but she's doing nothing so the result is expected. Who cares, I'm here for the music

BTD was successful because it was good and an instant classic, she served quality with commercial appeal. UV was quality wo/ commercial appeal, the same goes for HM (even though hbtb was a mess). LFL is her pandering to the gp (especially the us) but that concept won't work out with that lukewarm instant dinner she's trying to cook for her children.

i76mrxw.png 

BTD was successful because it was good and an instant classic, she served quality with commercial appeal. UV was quality wo/ commercial appeal, the same goes for HM (even though hbtb was a mess). It sounds as if she's trying to pander to the gp with lfl but the concept won't work out with that lukewarm instant dinner she's trying to cook up for her children.

to be fair, only LFL is catering towards the mainstream, Love was pretty much very Lana.

to be fair, only LFL is catering towards the mainstream, Love was pretty much very Lana.

i didn't mind love it sounded like a cute album track (less cute then radio though) which was a weirdly random single choice because of the weak chorus but lfl is boring and so bland you just know they tried to get that us hit.

i76mrxw.png 

i didn't mind love it sounded like a cute album track (less cute then radio though) which was a weirdly random single choice because of the weak chorus but lfl is boring and so bland you just know they tried to get that us hit.

sorry, but i disagree with you here completly. the chorus was better than anything dual lupus for example has ever released. 

I can't wait to see the tracklist.

I hope the album will be okay.

Obviously, is Lana. She's never disappoints us  :hooker:  :smokes2:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I just hope she's able to bring out some good lyrics with the rest of the album, not to say that HM or her past 2 singles have terrible lyrics but they're definitely not her best imo. 

I'm also hoping we get more songs that aren't just about love or being in a relationship with some man... songs like Carmen, Art Deco, Ride, This is what Makes us Girls. Perhaps she can take the route Marina did with Savages or something, reflecting on what's going on in the world atm.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I just hope she's able to bring out some good lyrics with the rest of the album, not to say that HM or her past 2 singles have terrible lyrics but they're definitely not her best imo. 

I'm also hoping we get more songs that aren't just about love or being in a relationship with some man... songs like Carmen, Art Deco, Ride, This is what Makes us Girls. Perhaps she can take the route Marina did with Savages or something, reflecting on what's going on in the world atm.

can't tell you're a marina stan  :hooker:

Agreed though. I wish Froot wasn't such a flop. I actually liked it. I want to see Lana do a song about mortality like Immortal

I find the lyric "only the good die young, that ain't right" to be by far one of the most vacuous lyric in all her discography. it shits all over that song

And the way she sings that part is just beautiful. That's my favourite part of the song, other than the taking off your clothes part

nF70D0F.png

I find the lyric "only the good die young, that ain't right" to be by far one of the most vacuous lyric in all her discography. it shits all over that song

I agree The lyric is so strange.... even Stranger than a stranger

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Wow why hasn't Lana colonized Mars yet. Flop. She's over.

I do hope Lana really isn't into the whole moving to mars thing.. funny how she made that climate change posts whilst still posting about nasa & shit. laugh out loud!

I do hope Lana really isn't into the whole moving to mars thing.. funny how she made that climate change posts whilst still posting about nasa & shit. laugh out loud!

right?! It's not like NASA has anything to do with science or Climate Change research or anything! lol

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png