Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Thats what they should do. I know there was a leak but releasing the album 5 months after the lead single totally kills the anticipation and piss off the loyal fans. Did they even give the singles radio adds ? 

Well, in the UK Love has gotten quite a lot of spins on radio, but sadly she was sandwiched between Ed's and Kendrick's songs (and I mean their entire album tracks) when they released. She had no chance without, let's say a proper campaign to succeed against them. Their songs flooded iTunes and Spotify like crazy. In the US, Love was supposed to be send out to pop and hac, but they decided to pull it back last minute. it had some spins on triple a which has a very small audience.

LFL is currently B-playlist on Radio1, but the song had a negative response quite frankly. It recieved mixed reactions from Lana's fanbase and Abel's didn't care.

To make things worse. Interscope had big releases when Love came out that were charting high

Gaga

Kygo & Selena

Imagine Dragons

Maroon 5

preparing themselves for the Kendrick release.

All of them recieve a lot of airplay, Lana recieves very little.

If I was Lana, I would use the time wisely til July and re-start the era. Release the video for Lust For Life although it won't give the song any boost or her any significant exposure and then release a bunch of promo singles. Cherry seems like a good pick from the little we have heard of. Releasing Coachella was a mistake and that song should not have a place on the album.

I'm not completely sold on either the May or the July date (it might be pushed back but pushing it to July is just era suicide).

That said, do you really think that promo singles and the LFL video could save the buzz for this release? Every magazine she was scheduled for is out or coming out soon and it feels like a July release would just make things even worse.

giphy.gif

Tive que procurar no google, nao conheço muitas expressoes portuguesas. Aprendi "secante" hoje.

(I had to google it, I don't know a lot of Portuguese expressions etc etc"

Where are you from?? haha

I went there once so i learned a few things ^^ only a few things

come to brazil

Vamos comer BACALHAU

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I was honestly convinced God-Empress Lana was just playing 5D chess.

Now I think her team just doesn't know what they're doing.

giphy.gif

brasileiro q ja viveu em portugal ? tem muita gente lusófona aqui 

QUEM DERA TER MORADO LÁ <3 

Eu passei um mês da minha vida lá, o melhor mês de toda a minha vida.. país maravilhoso

Queria fazer Arqueologia ou qualquer outro curso na Universidade de Lisboa ou até em Coimbra

someone take me there again pls

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I'm not completely sold on either the May or the July date (it might be pushed back but pushing it to July is just era suicide).

That said, do you really think that promo singles and the LFL video could save the buzz for this release? Every magazine she was scheduled for is out or coming out soon and it feels like a July release would just make things even worse.

Magazines don't matter. The video for LFL will not create any significant buzz, but it needs to be out to move on.

She could however use the remaining songs from the album to create buzz. 

Hopefully we'll get news soon, give us a date and tracklist and I'll be happy for weeks.

I went there once so i learned a few things ^^

come to brazil

Vamos comer BACALHAU

Brazil but my Portuguese has been shit since 2011.

Coming over. I actually lied to my manager saying I was going to Lisbon next week so I could change my schedule lol

EotAQlJ.jpg

May is very nearly coming to a close, so it'll be a tight squeeze. July is too fucking far away. June seems very appropriate. But of course all we can do is wait. Obviously Ben is in hiding after our protest on Insta so I doubt he'll say anything. At least we tried.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Magazines don't matter. The video for LFL will not create any significant buzz, but it needs to be out to move on.

She could however use the remaining songs from the album to create buzz. 

If it has to be a July release, I hope she takes your suggestions.

giphy.gif

Hopefully we'll get news soon, give us a date and tracklist and I'll be happy for weeks.

Brazil but my Portuguese has been shit since 2011.

Coming over. I actually lied to my manager saying I was going to Lisbon next week so I could change my schedule lol

hell yeah ^

anyway

lolz i'm brazilian too, also lmao at you lying to your manager haha that's very b r a s i l e i r o

wish i were portuguese, 10% of my family are from Açores lol (the other 90% are a bunch of angry ass italianos)

hell yeah ^

anyway

lolz i'm brazilian too, also lmao at you lying to your manager haha that's very b r a s i l e i r o

wish i were portuguese, 10% of my family are from Açores lol (the other 90% are a bunch of angry ass italianos)

I've visited Portugal and it's beautiful, but that accent girl... :awkney:  no tea no shade 

EotAQlJ.jpg

It's actually not even that hard to pull it off, however you would still need a proper plan and that totally goes against her laziness and the laziness of her management.

Agreed.

What upsets me is that there are other artists who are lazy (or at the very least, ill-prepared) like Lana is, but their management makes up for it. I wonder why Lana's team doesn't seem to put that much effort, if any, at their job? 

Ben and Ed have dicked around Elle and Lanaboards more than they've actually worked at managing her this era.

giphy.gif

I went there once so i learned a few things ^^ only a few things

come to brazil

Vamos comer BACALHAU

Sério que você tá convidando a pessoa pra sacanagem? Tinha que ser br mesmo hahahahahahaha zuera

original.gif

Sorry for derailing this thread but it's not like anything important is happening 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sério que você tá convidando a pessoa pra sacanagem? Tinha que ser br mesmo hahahahahahaha zuera

I'd puke, no thank you for that kind of fish (never again)

EotAQlJ.jpg

After all, is it going to be released this 26th or july? Also, where this July release talk began?

I hope we get the album on the 26th, if not then I hope it leaks (sorry Lana, but I can't wait that long - i've been waiting since 2015!)

Sorry for derailing this thread but it's not like anything important is happening 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd puke, no thank you for that kind of fish (never again)

SCREAAAAAMING  :thumb3:

original.gif

After all, is it going to be released this 26th or july? Also, where this July release talk began?

I hope we get the album on the 26th, if not then I hope it leaks (sorry Lana, but I can't wait that long - i've been waiting since 2015!)

SCREAAAAAMING :thumb3:

July release date came from Paris Match :defeated:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven