Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

You know what though. Remember when this era started off with a very strong witchy, outer space aesthetic/theme. That was so cool and now NOTHING fits that at all. The box set would've been so cool with this theme but it just looks like the HM and UV box sets. It kind of makes me sad tbh. That whole aesthetic is so fresh and fancy for her

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Hey what's your take on today's releases? I didn't see ur reaction

Omg so many people said they missed me I've been gone for like 12 hours

Groupie Love is THAT SONG I can't stop listening to it. It has a futurist optimist sound, like the fake Woodstock on Trappist-1 poster than @kitschesque made, but it's so classic Lana. I haven't heard anyone else make the comparison, but it sounds very much to me like a Paradise track!

Summer Bummer I'm mixed about. One on hand, Rocky's part was more fitting and I enjoyed his verses. Lana was weaker here lyrically and the song was chaotic itself (not necessarily a bad thing). I liked the original demo/radio version posted and removed from YouTube better, honestly. But it's not a bad track at all. I was initially surprised by how dark it sounded even from snippets, but Lana clarified my feelings in her Beats 1 interview where she mentioned that her journey to happiness is still in progress. She's still human (or is she?)and I think it's realistic that she's processing current events and her emotions relating to them normally instead of pushing the happiness in the face of darkness. The true strength in this age is perseverance. How do you cope? How can you help others that way? But pretending you're always happy is emotionally damaging, so I'm glad she's being honest, as much as I'll mourn Yosemite :poordat:

I was just thinking about the new music after reading what people had been saying and I'm curious to see what you guys Think...

I was thinking about her lyrics and how they're different now as opposed to her earlier stuff. Obviously artists grow over time so naturally their lyrical style will change but i think now that Lana has amazing resources I think she spends a lot more time on the mixing and production as opposed to the lyrics- cause she always relied on her lyrics whereas now she can focus on every part of the song more in-depth. That being said, I was also thinking about her LFL album lyrics and do you guys think she sounds a bit more arrogant now? I mean lbr she was always kinda arrogant (eg. Delicious, StTropez) but instead of it being like "lol I'm sexy guys love me" it's more like "I wanna sway on my own, don't recognise me" ahahaahaa does that make sense? Not that it's a bad thing but just interesting to see ahhhaa

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I was just thinking about the new music after reading what people had been saying and I'm curious to see what you guys Think...

I was thinking about her lyrics and how they're different now as opposed to her earlier stuff. Obviously artists grow over time so naturally their lyrical style will change but i think now that Lana has amazing resources I think she spends a lot more time on the mixing and production as opposed to the lyrics- cause she always relied on her lyrics whereas now she can focus on every part of the song more in-depth. That being said, I was also thinking about her LFL album lyrics and do you guys think she sounds a bit more arrogant now? I mean lbr she was always kinda arrogant (eg. Delicious, StTropez) but instead of it being like "lol I'm sexy guys love me" it's more like "I wanna sway on my own, don't recognise me" ahahaahaa does that make sense? Not that it's a bad thing but just interesting to see ahhhaa

If I were her, I'd attribute that sort of feeling to fear more than anything. Imagine going to a concert to see your man or just your musical crush (lol) and being stampeded by your own fans. Quiet, alone time to reflect and enjoy life is hard to come by for people like her. I wouldn't call it arrogant, just independent, I guess. 

From my own perspective, if I couldn't go to the library or the coffee shop (don't you dare quote it. don't you dare) without being followed by even one person, I'd pop a xanax so fast and go cry in the bathroom. 

i still dont know why my signature is broken

its literally a resized photo of yosemite canyon covered in fucking snow

why does that break 

why does that break 

Try not adding those weird characters into it (the things in front and at the end of the sentence)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

If I were her, I'd attribute that sort of feeling to fear more than anything. Imagine going to a concert to see your man or just your musical crush (lol) and being stampeded by your own fans. Quiet, alone time to reflect and enjoy life is hard to come by for people like her. I wouldn't call it arrogant, just independent, I guess. 

From my own perspective, if I couldn't go to the library or the coffee shop (don't you dare quote it. don't you dare) without being followed by even one person, I'd pop a xanax so fast and go cry in the bathroom.

So true, arrogant definitely wasn't the right word to use. I get what you mean definitely, especially knowing of Lana and how she likes to be private~

And that's so true omg

Maybe she's more annoyed by it now ahaha she's just like "omg pls fuck offf I'm swaying" ahaha :blush:

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

why does that break 

I like how it just says "snowfall-yosemite.jpg" like that's so post-internet. I can feel the digital snowflakes falling on my silicon cerebellum 

I wonder what the chances are of having an EP of that happier place Lana mentioned. Not to be ungrateful, but the possibility of it is just enthralling. Yosemite, Best American Record.... 

I wonder what she's got prepared for this cycle  :excited:

Like Paradise (ignore me I'm a massive Paradise stan)  :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:

It could be called something like Serenity or Highway to Heaven