Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I agree with those who are saying they can appreciate Coachella more now. When we first heard it back in May, many of us saw all the negative feedback given by others that our opinion of it was tainted even before we could listen to it ourselves. It's crazy how powerfully influenced we are by our peers, even when it comes to liking or disliking Lana's music. It seems like I can appreciate a song I wouldn't otherwise like that much if everyone else is praising it and saying it's great, it's like it encourages you to dig deeper and find something about it to appreciate. With C-WIMM, I know I formed my own opinion on the lackluster production, but because everyone else on LanaBoards, etc. was bashing it tirelessly, it really made me feel like it was much worse than it actually is.

Now, when I listen, in context to the album (snippets), I can see why it fits in. I still wish that repetitive hip-hop drum beat wasn't so prominent but the lyrics are interesting, the melody is rich, and that outro could bring tears to my eyes. It's not like anything Lana's done before, a lot like Ultraviolence, which is now my favorite from her of all time, so I know in years, Lust For Life will be golden.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Btw Lana is mentioned on the frontpage of the german local newspaper "Neue Westfälische" (Bielefeld) and there's an interview with her inside – get that promo, Lana! I don't recognize the interview (it's by a guy called Steffen Rüth) so I don't lnow if it's really a completely new one... If anyone's interested I can post the (german) text. Unfortunately it can't be found online.

I'd love to read it, could you send me the pics?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Unbelievable. I can't believe so many of you managed to flood nearly 20 pages of this thread with useless content. I love you guys to pieces, but this was truly unacceptable.

Anyone involved in the flooding of pages 1909-1926 of this thread has been giving 2 warning points for spamming & your content will be moderated for approval for one week. 

Keep in mind, there is the Random Conversation Thread as well as the PM feature if you all feel that you need to have these kinds of "discussions." I'm not trying to censor you all, but there is a certain place for the type of content that has filled the past few pages, and this thread is not that place. Thank you for your future cooperation & understanding.

Lots of love. xoxo

87YRe.gif

Girls don't forget your curls

and all of your corsets

memorize them in a little song

Shake it up, throw your hands up and get loose

Cut a rug, lean into the fucking youth

tumblr_inline_o6jkm8z7ht1s6cwnq_500.gif

The hype is through the roof in my house right now, I can't handle it

:party:

gNaIxNY.png

Why does this camera quality look 10x better than the front and back covers, I always thought the cover looked like it was shot on a basic crappy camera

:party:

gNaIxNY.png

Her hair :flutter: and eyes omgggg :legend:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.