Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The song is an ANTHEMN.

It pulls out ALOT of great Gatsby references and I love how she's carrying this theme of Love is enough and Your own happiness is enough no matter what's happening around you as long as you carry that Lust for life.

I'm really pleasantly surprised with Abel's part, I didn't think I'd like him on the song but he fits so well

That subtle Motorcycle engine rev at the beginning  :defeated:  :defeated:

She keeps name-dropping the Shangri-Las so I'm fully convinced it's meant to reference this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vFOpVGjVc

qpgosw.jpg

Although I didn't like this song all that much. I still have hope cuz I liked Love and I DID enjoy the production of this song. I don't see where it's upbeat at though. But okay.

It's not upbeat and happy?- go back to the doctors and get your hearing aids re-checked

It's not upbeat and happy?- go back to the doctors and get your hearing aids re-checked

It's happy. But not upbeat. Your definition is obviously a different standard of upbeat. She's done plenty of upbeat unreleased songs. This song is mellow.

The beginning of Lust For Life has that motorcycle revving, just like a song from The Shangri-Las called "Leader of the Pack". Lana has mentioned wanting a Shangri-Las sound on the album multiple times and this was one of my favorite songs as a little girl. I'm SHOOK.

Well someone already linked the two songs together but I'm still shook.

Well someone already linked the two songs together but I'm still shook.

Where are people getting "generic" from pls? This song is so not generic, it's very much a Lana song, you listen to it and KNOW it's Lana, it's not generic at all just because it has potential to chart well?? Like pls tell me how many 'generic' songs have 60's "shawop shawop" vocals... this is 100% identifiable as a Lana song, it's cinematic, retro, nostalgic and romantic... yeah, it's got radio appeal but it is most certainly not "generic"

Love and peace to everyone but yeah.... 

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I love the song so much, waaay better than love. Although I can't hear the 60s vibe at all, but I still love it. :flutter:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Listening to this and Love back-to-back is heavenly.

I love the cleaner sound on LFL and i can already tell this album is going to be so cohesive but still interesting. I'm super excited for the acoustic songs too.

The concept sort of reminds me of Bjork's album Volta- some of her most fun and upbeat songs paired with some of her most stripped back and simple songs.

It's number 39 in British charts right now, by morning I predict it'll get into the top 15 atleast as it'll actually get into her artist page hopefully lol

It's not radio friendly (enough) imo.

There's a radio effect on her vocals and spoken lyrics are a no for radio.

But I'm happy with the progress shes made. (By progress I mean getting out of the depressive sound that almost killed her career and attracted this toxic fan base sorry)

wait how do I do it again? this might ACTUALLY save me, i'm reading stuff from april 7th

So I'm the reply box there's a little button next to post that says more options, click that.

Underneath the new box on the new page will be the topic summary- just scroll down to April 7th and read UPWARDS from there to get all the main info. I've never done it but I assume it works cus it's there lol

It's not radio friendly (enough) imo.

There's a radio effect on her vocals and spoken lyrics are a no for radio.

But I'm happy with the progress shes made.

Honestly half the songs the radio plays are utter crap, I'm glad she went into a more widespread sound but even happier that she didn't dip into radio friendly levels lol