Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

http://picosong.com/i6Eu/

LFL solo version by me... It's not perfect tho :toofunny:

I honestly like The Weeknd (not as much as Lana obviously), Prisoner and Stargirl were bops and Lust for Life completes this trilogy <3

Me too... 

I like it!  :)

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I am still 100 % convinced that some ppl who comment on FB and YT do not like Abel in a song with Lana for the same reason they didn't like Rocky in the NA video. Back then, they were just more obvious about it. Just sayin.

That's why the same people are only okay with her collabing with old white guys, pretentious white guys, and ~indie( white) women  :creep:

tZ7WN4B.gif

The Weeknd posted two photos on April 10th and 11th where it would appear he was shooting for the Lust For Life video.

• First post was a selfie with the caption

• Second post was a photo of him & Ty Mitchell, a older cowboy actor with the caption "no country for old men" and his location is set in Marfa, Texas.

• Chuck & Neil Krug were also on set, posting filming equipment on the same days.

• Krug also liked both of The Weeknd's posts

• The Weeknd is in the same outfit he is wearing for the Lust For Life cover and audio visual video on YouTube.

• The Weeknd tagged a man named Nabil (@nabildo on Instagram) who is a professional photographer, music video and film director.

• Nabil is followed by Lana Del Rey, Neil Krug, and LDR's good friend Stella.

• Nabil posted a few photos in Marfa, TX. Including photos of the pink moon, The Weeknd and Ty Mitchell, and a gas station.

• Nabil tagged another professional photographer named Nathan Vernes (@nathanvernes on Instagram) who specializes in still shots. He posted several photos in Marfa, TX, including a photo of a trailer and a Jeep with the entire top off with the caption, "The set up "

• In one particular photo Nathan posted of Ty Mitchell, he tagged and set the location to a bar named, "Lost Horse Saloon." Which in writing this I found out Ty Mitchell is the owner of.

• Nabil also tagged a man named "Lamar C. Taylor who is the creative director for The Weeknd. (@lamarctaylor on Instagram)

• Lamar's only post is the Lust For Life artwork.

Now let's talk about the actual city: Marfa, TX. Marfa is a city on the very edge of Texas. It is a little desert town and is famous for what they call the "Marfa Lights".

"Accounts of strange and unexplained phenomena just outside of Marfa began during the 19th century and continue to this day. Ranchers, Apaches, high school sweethearts and famous meteorologists alike have reported seeing seemingly sourceless lights dance on the horizon southeast of town, an area that is nearly uninhabited and extremely difficult to traverse. The mystery lights are sometimes red, sometimes blue, sometimes white, and usually appear randomly throughout the night, no matter the season or the weather. While the source of the mystery lights is still a point of contention, the show goes on. By most reports, they are whimsical and friendly; other witnesses maintain that they are ever distant and aloof; and some sources claim they zoom across the plains at terrifying speed, only to whip back around and dissolve before hitting the dumbstruck viewer."

These lights are commonly known as "ghost lights" because of people's belief that they are orbs.

Any early thoughts on what the video could be about? Do you think it's for Lust For Life? I'd love to see everyone's ideas. I'm hoping it has a 'Ride' desert vibe.

for the record, nabil is the director of Freak music video aka UV video 

:smile3:

The Weeknd posted two photos on April 10th and 11th where it would appear he was shooting for the Lust For Life video.

• First post was a selfie with the caption

• Second post was a photo of him & Ty Mitchell, a older cowboy actor with the caption "no country for old men" and his location is set in Marfa, Texas.

• Chuck & Neil Krug were also on set, posting filming equipment on the same days.

• Krug also liked both of The Weeknd's posts

• The Weeknd is in the same outfit he is wearing for the Lust For Life cover and audio visual video on YouTube.

• The Weeknd tagged a man named Nabil (@nabildo on Instagram) who is a professional photographer, music video and film director.

• Nabil is followed by Lana Del Rey, Neil Krug, and LDR's good friend Stella.

• Nabil posted a few photos in Marfa, TX. Including photos of the pink moon, The Weeknd and Ty Mitchell, and a gas station.

• Nabil tagged another professional photographer named Nathan Vernes (@nathanvernes on Instagram) who specializes in still shots. He posted several photos in Marfa, TX, including a photo of a trailer and a Jeep with the entire top off with the caption, "The set up "

• In one particular photo Nathan posted of Ty Mitchell, he tagged and set the location to a bar named, "Lost Horse Saloon." Which in writing this I found out Ty Mitchell is the owner of.

• Nabil also tagged a man named "Lamar C. Taylor who is the creative director for The Weeknd. (@lamarctaylor on Instagram)

• Lamar's only post is the Lust For Life artwork.

Now let's talk about the actual city: Marfa, TX. Marfa is a city on the very edge of Texas. It is a little desert town and is famous for what they call the "Marfa Lights".

"Accounts of strange and unexplained phenomena just outside of Marfa began during the 19th century and continue to this day. Ranchers, Apaches, high school sweethearts and famous meteorologists alike have reported seeing seemingly sourceless lights dance on the horizon southeast of town, an area that is nearly uninhabited and extremely difficult to traverse. The mystery lights are sometimes red, sometimes blue, sometimes white, and usually appear randomly throughout the night, no matter the season or the weather. While the source of the mystery lights is still a point of contention, the show goes on. By most reports, they are whimsical and friendly; other witnesses maintain that they are ever distant and aloof; and some sources claim they zoom across the plains at terrifying speed, only to whip back around and dissolve before hitting the dumbstruck viewer."

These lights are commonly known as "ghost lights" because of people's belief that they are orbs.

Any early thoughts on what the video could be about? Do you think it's for Lust For Life? I'd love to see everyone's ideas. I'm hoping it has a 'Ride' desert vibe.

Nice! Could you link all of these posts?

That's why the same people are only okay with her collabing with old white guys, pretentious white guys, and ~indie( white) women  :creep:

and it's not like, let's say Starboy is any more generic than High By The Beach. It's actually miles better than the latter. But yeah, you will find questionable ppl in every fandom, but it's always those who are commenting on social media. Unfortunately for them, times have changed since 2012 and ppl actually track you down in 2017 in your real life for the things you post on there if they are, let's say, very specific.

I dont dislike LFL because it's happy. I LOVE Lana's happy songs. I just didn't enjoy this one. Her songs with collabs are always Hit or Miss for me. I didnt like that Cherry Wine song. I didn't like Prisoner. Things are up for grabs.

Anyway, I'm still super excited for this album and I have great hopes in what it could be, because I do LOVE the production this time around.