Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Fuk the h8trs.  Honestly Lana Del Rey embodies the "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Like 4 months ago, we go back, we have every other ho begging for her new music to be more like her unreleased stuff like Resistance and shit.  Now here we are, a song that is very stylistically and lyrically and SONICALLY Lana, but just has a more pop-y production, people are like DAMN HER ALL TO HELL.

I don't even think the sound of the song is the issue (at least for me) but that awful chorus kills the song. The chorus is just hm level boring, OTTRA, DMD and other bops cannot relate.

Let's be realistic, she'll never be able to top Off To The Races anyway.  :hooker:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Mess @ people saying its generic and radio friendly :rip:

It sounds like a typical Lana aong. I guess some people simply have an issue w/ The Weeknd and now hate on the entire song

yeah exactly.

Some of them are racist too no tea no shade.

I like/love it. But only the solo Edit w/o the weeknd. It even needs a little more work to get him out in certain parts.

The do-whops in the background are so Lana though.

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

Thankful for my brain accepting and stanning LFL at first listen and not rejecting it like Love

It's amazing how she makes such simple lyrics standout with that ethereal melody in the chorus. It absolutely melts me

Will be bopping for days to come :oprah:

LFL on iTunes

US: #5

Uk: #8

SHE COMIN

I'm acc so proud of her rn like I'm truly happy to see her get this success and I'm praying for her to get number 1 rn

The song is not generic. generic = sounds like everything else. This does not. This kind of satirical thing she's doing with the Hollywood sign fantasy is really fun and different - that is not generic. Yes it's not crafted as a lyrical masterpiece but not every song needs to be. This song has a lot of personality which is very fun.

Honestly the fact is has reached these positions on iTunes with these almost spoken word parts is crazy

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

She haven't touched the U.K. top 10 on iTunes in along time.

So this is great.

I think Love hit #10 for like a few hours lmao but still ! It's not gonna smash first week but it could easily debut higher than Love for sure. the Weeknd always has massive streaming numbers

giphy.gif

Her hair :defeated: :defeated: :defeated:

wait omg you're polish, that makes me so happy yas

y'all i'm sorry i'm so late on everything i'm probably gonna end up skipping like 200 pages

ok so my plan is to read the thread until page 150 and then skip to page 300 and then read pages 151-299 in my free time

giphy.gif

wait omg you're polish, that makes me so happy yasy'all i'm sorry i'm so late on everything i'm probably gonna end up skipping like 200 pages

ok so my plan is to read the thread until page 150 and then skip to page 300 and then read pages 151-299 in my free time

Nothing much has happened you should just read like 5 pages around the album cover 5 around the dazed magazine from Tuesday that's probs enough to know what's going on

I think Love hit #10 for like a few hours lmao but still ! It's not gonna smash first week but it could easily debut higher than Love for sure. the Weeknd always has massive streaming numbers

love was stuck at #11.

It's released mid week tho which sucks.

love was stuck at #11.

It's released mid week tho which sucks.

doesn't the US singles week start today ? Maybe in the UK it's different

giphy.gif

Paradise is great too and has some amazing tracks (Yayo, Bell Air, Cola), But Honeymoon is more special to me, as it was the first sound from Lana that made me fall in love, and i really like it's dark, old hollywood, cinematic sound. Her vocals almost sound as if she's dying, like she's tired with life and wants to give up. I gravitate towards that record a hell of a lot more

I adore HM more than anything cause it's the album I was most present for and I have many memories related to the record... and I love the sound/aesthetic. sonically it's a great album and you ca n't deny that.

giphy.gif