Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

If she said the song isn't connected to peg, then it's fucking not connected.

She's said a lot of things but it doesn't mean they're true. I mean, this is the woman who literally lied about her age & the year she was born just so that she could be seen as one or two years younger than she really is!!!

I wouldn't put it past Lana to try and discard that theory. She knows the true fans know how the song was partly inspired by the story. I think she just doesn't want the GP to still think of her as this sad girl struggling with depression and singing songs about suicide. It really seems like she's trying to recreate her image a bit, with more of a focus on the positive elements of love and life rather than death and darkness. She doesn't want the people in the broader public to start hearing about the connections of this song to a suicide. She doesn't want people to misunderstand her intentions (no DLMBM pun intended), and to end up in another controversy where people think she's glorifying suicide. 

I like the aforementioned theory that the song takes inspiration from the Peg Entwistle events, but she's recreated it with a positive spin - that she's actually a ghost witch of love watching over the youth of the world (represented by Lana and Abel sitting on the H of the Hollywood sign followed by a shot of Lana with the spinning world globe, producing hearts which symbolises her sending her love to the earth).

Do we really think we're getting a music video for Lust for Life? The music video for Love came out 2 days after the official audioffer, I thought we wouldve gotten it already. Now I don't really think we're getting one for LFL. :l

I would think so - LFL is the title track (although HM video never got officially released so I guess it's possible)

I think Love MV was only so soon after because it leaked :( 

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

I would think so - LFL is the title track (although HM video never got officially released so I guess it's possible)

I think Love MV was only so soon after because it leaked :(

That's true, never really took into consideration that the music video could've come so soon after the audio because it was leaked early.

Maybe it's like how Honeymoon was. She only put out the audio, no video (there was a video but it leaked). So many that's all it is...

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Do we really think we're getting a music video for Lust for Life? The music video for Love came out 2 days after the official audio, I thought we would've gotten it already. Now I don't really think we're getting one for LFL. :l

We got this 2 days after because Lana hasn't planned that Love starts leaking. Now it's more organized.  Kygo released his video 1 month after releasing song. be patient guys.

giphy.gif

The video has been shot. The part used in the LFL is just a Slowened part of probably the full music video, the Weeknd has posted a few behind the scenes selfies from the set and the single cover is probably probably also from the set

giphy.gif

Won't lie, a ton of people were complaining about the time between Love and LFL but didn't CTTR come or around the same time as love? And Katy Perry is only just releasing her second single this week? I think our times are normal, but they feel longer cause Lana stays in the charts for less time.