Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I'm listening to

The video she just posted on IG. I lost my shit when I seen the notification. She's smirking at us all

I've got God Knows I Tried playing and I hit that notfication and the juxtaposition of her smirking and this song playing has murdered me. I need that album

LIZARD PEOPLE

A clue? Or just stating the obvious that the sun is setting here in CA. please be a clue

I didn't think it was a clue, was just sharing what she commented lol probably just recorded a quick little video of herself as the sun was setting so she commented "Sun down"

A clue? Or just stating the obvious that the sun is setting here in CA. please be a clue

SHE DELETED IT

WHAT

Frankly, I don’t know what she"s thinking. I had high hopes when Love was released, which I'm not very fond of, but Love is a good song by any objective measure. It received a good video and was one of the most critically acclaimed songs of hers besides VG (Pitchfork named Love BNT). It seems to me an easy song for Lana to sing and despite that she didn't performed it besides that obscure SXSW show. She practically abandoned her lead single, letting the song die and the positive message fade away. Than she came out with an album title appropriated from Iggy Pop's discography and after watching that grinning cover it is imposiible for me to not think that she was aware of Iggy's album and she just blatantly coppied the title. She borrowed lyrics for Love but there was forgivable because everyone interpreted the song as an arc in time between the past and the future. LFL on the other hand, the title track, has completley unrelated lyrics with the Love theme which is in line with the announced more socially aware album. LFL's lyrics seem like they were made in 20 minutes, full of vapid clichés and frankly there is much plagiarism in it. Sonnically, the final result is mediocre, repetitive, I didn't understand the fuss about Max Martin tbh, the only good moments are Abel's vocals and the fact that they mesh well together. Overall LFL is a missed oportunity to define the album's vibe and it seems like an anticlimactic affair because of the hype surrounding Abel's involvement. The video is not out yet and maybe a stellar video could change somewhat this lukewarm feeling that I have about LFL. I don't believe that I'm gonna say it but so far this release is worse than the HM era which was her lowest point regarding promotion and hype. I hope that in the coming weeks something will change because what happened after the release of the Love video is just boring and disappointing

Frankly, I don’t know what she"s thinking. I had high hopes when Love was released, which I'm not very fond of, but Love is a good song by any objective measure. It received a good video and was one of the most critically acclaimed songs of hers besides VG (Pitchfork named Love BNT). It seems to me an easy song for Lana to sing and despite that she didn't performed it besides that obscure SXSW show. She practically abandoned her lead single, letting the song die and the positive message fade away. Than she came out with an album title appropriated from Iggy Pop's discography and after watching that grinning cover it is imposiible for me to not think that she was aware of Iggy's album and she just blatantly coppied the title. She borrowed lyrics for Love but there was forgivable because everyone interpreted the song as an arc in time between the past and the future. LFL on the other hand, the title track, has completley unrelated lyrics with the Love theme which is in line with the announced more socially aware album. LFL's lyrics seem like they were made in 20 minutes, full of vapid clichés and frankly there is much plagiarism in it. Sonnically, the final result is mediocre, repetitive, I didn't understand the fuss about Max Martin tbh, the only good moments are Abel's vocals and the fact that they mesh well together. Overall LFL is a missed oportunity to define the album's vibe and it seems like an anticlimactic affair because of the hype surrounding Abel's involvement. The video is not out yet and maybe a stellar video could change somewhat this lukewarm feeling that I have about LFL. I don't believe that I'm gonna say it but so far this release is worse than the HM era which was her lowest point regarding promotion and hype. I hope that in the coming weeks something will change because what happened after the release of the Love video is just boring and disappointing

i mean she's been a tad dry on insta and she doesn't promo her own stuff muc.. but rly? she did the album trailer,phone interviews, she's been scheduling shows, doing photoshoots, and magazine interviews... not a ton but still.. better than the hm era lmao

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

should we be worried that katy's second week (allegedly 19 May coz she's doing SNL on 20 May) will outsell her (26 May)  :ohno:

There's no way she will outsell Lana.

Even if we're going first week head to head.

should we be worried that katy's second week (allegedly 19 May coz she's doing SNL on 20 May) will outsell her (26 May)  :ohno:

Her album won't be out next month. I think Katy will release it in July.

Mfhp.gif

It seems everyone has lost a lot of confidence in Lana :( 

Compared to everyone else out there at the moment, she's still gonna serve us music that is gonna be 23989248 times better than what's already out there.

She has never really been commercial since UV as another member said, but that doesn't mean she's a flop.

On Spotify, Lana is one of the best for streaming (79th in the world) which may  not seem great, but if you think of all the artists out there that is pretty amazing!

In my opinion, she is in no way a flop and if she doesn't want to do loads of promo I support that too (although I think she has done quite a lot this era e.g.snapchat filter, love posters)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

She honestly posts some videos from her vacation on which she behaves like a f*cking teenager instead of promoting.

I swear y'all enjoy her more when she's depressed! 

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Another thing which I know has been mentioned before but I think is important to keep in mind:

Lana is great with making amazing albums which work together as a whole concept more than rolling out singles - I think this can be seen with UV, as some songs on their own would not work without the album, but its the album that makes them so great.

I think the same is going to happen with LFL.

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png