Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

do we havy any descriptions of certain songs or something?

Tomorrow Never Came - It’s called ‘Tomorrow Never Came’. I don’t know if you’ve ever felt this way, but when I wrote it I felt like it wasn’t really for me. I kept on thinking about who this song was for or who could do it with me, and then I realised that he would be a good person. I didn’t know if I should ask him because I actually have a line in it where I say, ‘I wish we could go back to your country house and put on the radio and listen to our favourite song by Lennon and Yoko.’ I didn’t want him to think I was asking him because I was namechecking them. Actually, I had listened to his records over the years and I did think it was his vibe, so I played it for him and he liked it. He rewrote his verse and had extensive notes, down to the mix. And that was the last thing I did, decision-wise. I haven’t mixed the record, but the fact that ‘Love’ just came out and Sean kind of finished up the record, it felt very meant-to-be. Because that whole concept of peace and love really is in his veins and in his family.

God Bless America - I wrote God Bless America before the Women’s Marches sprung up, but I could tell they were going to happen. As soon as the election was over, I knew that was going happen. People were way more vocal and more active on social media and in real life, so I realised a lot of women were saying out loud that they needed support and they were nervous about some of the bills that might get passed that would directly affect them. So yes, it’s a direct response in anticipation of what I thought would happen, and what did happen.

The change out there in the world has indeed been pretty seismic. Accordingly, you have my personal favorite track on the record, “God Bless America,” an unbridled spanker of a song that’s title refrain is followed by, “And all the beautiful women in it”—that’s instantly echoing through your melon and one in which Del Rey remarks, “Yeah, I went there.” She describes the song, of which Mawson shared earlier his reluctance to release as a single, given the tendency of Del Rey to net the mentioned public polarization, “It has some strong messaging,” she says nodding. “Some iconography, with Lady Liberty, fire escapes and the streets, and I do get a little New York feel when I listen back to it.” I tell her the song feels grandiose in production, anthemic in verse… very New York in fact, a sparkling pile of empire and accomplishment. And while New York (and its banks) have churned out the free world leader and a boys club not so concerned about everyone therein being blessed, moreover the “beautiful women in it”—reminding us that grandiosity has its pitfalls—“God Bless America” could easily ascend the ladder as a 2017 rally cry.

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing - Well, I have a song that’s quite aware about the collective worry, about whether this is the end of an era. It’s called “When the world was at war we kept dancing.” But I actually went back and forth about keeping it on the record, because I didn’t want it there if it would make people feel worse instead of better. It’s not apathetic. The tone of the production is very dark, and doesn’t lead to a fucking happy feeling. And the question it poses: Is this the end of America, of an era? Are we running out of time with this person at the helm of a ship? Will it crash? In my mind, the lyrics were a reminder not to shut down or shut off, or just don’t talk about things. It was more like stay vigilant and keep dancing. Stay awake.

Thirteen Beaches - I wrote a song called, thirteen beaches which talks about how I do it, last summer, I had to go to 13 different beaches before I could find one without paparazzi, where I laid down with a book.

tbh what if the reason we dont have a tracklist is because shes still adding songs to it.  i pray roses bloom for you makes the tracklist bc Best Song

tumblr_inline_q2nkwneCwi1wb35v4_1280.png

Got a devil on my back as a tribute to my mother

I'm excited for the album to have so many differing sounds. Like yeah we're all used to one constant flow and sound amongst an album (hm literally leads one song into the next sounding generally the same /// I love it though) but I think it's about time we got an album that has a broader vision

Can we really compare?  Like compare BTD and The Fame for example.

I asked  more for pure heroine tho cause I thought that it did great :P 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

so lana finally takes a risk and goes outside of her comfort zone--which is what the majority of people were rightfully complaining about due to honeymoon--and now there are meltdowns about the supposed "cohesion" of the album?? fuck, i'll take an album that is all over the place and has surprises in store rather than a monotonous collection of slow-paced dirges. & i love honeymoon, but cmon now. the worst thing she could have done was make a honeymoon 2.0. 

but lana is clearly inspired this time around. i can't wait for the album!!!!

let me be who i'm meant to be

so lana finally takes a risk and goes outside of her comfort zone--which is what the majority of people were rightfully complaining about due to honeymoon--and now there are meltdowns about the supposed "cohesion" of the album?? fuck, i'll take an album that is all over the place and has surprises in store rather than a monotonous collection of slow-paced dirges. & i love honeymoon, but cmon now. the worst thing she could have done was make a honeymoon 2.0. 

but lana is clearly inspired this time around. i can't wait for the album!!!!

Btd is unique,UV and HM too so yes..she better not do another honeymoon now..She needs to do a unique record(I think she will)

I was just watching the video of Lana arriving at the premier of Tropico and she was literally surrounded by fans screaming her name and people taking photos. All the attention and love she was recieving was just utterly beautiful. I got emotional because i kept thinking back to that video of her getting interviewed at the trailer park by that journalist and how she was completely unknown at that time and had no idea how famous she would become. How excited she seemed just for that slight recognistion and support from just one magazine. And now look at her..

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Btd is unique,UV and HM too so yes..she better not do another honeymoon now..She needs to do a unique record(I think she will)

I think it will be unique in its way of diversity- all other albums have been extremely cohesive, all staying within their genre to some extent whereas I think this record will pull from each and merge to create this sound we'll receive-BTD was more pop, hip-hop influence, UV was rock and HM was orchestral, this will be the record Remembered as diverse. This is my prediction anyway

I was just watching the video of Lana arriving at the premier of Tropico and she was literally surrounded by fans screaming her name and people taking photos. All the attention and love she was recieving was just utterly beautiful. I got emotional because i kept thinking back to that video of her getting interviewed at the trailer park by that journalist and how she was completely unknown at that time and had no idea how famous she would become. How excited she seemed just for that slight recognistion and support from just one magazine. And now look at her..

what do you imply ? lizzy grant is.....lana del rey ?? 

jk  :ohsnap:

it's really emotional cause this girl wanted so bad and she did it and she's a f*cking legend :P