Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

OT: Is anyone else afraid Change wont get much better based on how much of the track we have

i dig change, ill admit that the chorus (or supposed one) might come off tacky and the verses seem a little repetitive, but it gives me fallout tea,

i can picture it clearly; its that one old vintage heavy semi-ballad thats playing on an old zenith radio, all on its own while the camera pans out to destroyed homes and buildings and dead grass with green hued skies with smoke and soot around corners, wood nailed windows and dust infested cars toppled over with billboards in the back while the design strips and falls off

change, wm, and yosemite give such nice pictures and moods in my head I could write pages about each and give them a story :flutter:  :flutter:  :flutter:  

a message from Lana

T̵̳H̰̱͈̯E̞̯͘R̻͕͔̼E̴̝̘͔̩̝̼ ̙̠̤͠A̝̬̲̞͝Ŕ͖͖͎̭̤̰̼E ͕̖̬3̺̭̲̫̙͓͖8̶̦̮̰7̯̕.̶̟4͚̫̦̪4͖̼̜̦͢ͅ M̢͖̯̫͖̞̥͈I͍̮̞͉̗̳̼L̀L̘̕Į͍O̝N ͈̼̹̫̟͙̲͝M͏̗͎͍̹̺̬̩I̡̱̪̥L͏͉͙E̢͈͔̤͓̥S̶͔̱̲ ̜O̗͓F̝͇̤ ̫̪͙̼P͖͖͟ͅR̠Í̼̱̤ͅN҉̗̟̣Ț̲͈̯̪͍̯E̻D ͈̫̫̀C͚̟͕͇͠IR̳͙͚̣̼̤͉͞C̛͈̼̥̘͎͎U̝̥I͏T̹̦S̛̖̪̟̟ ̴I̲N҉͔̜ ͏͇̯͓Ẃ͎̫̲̲ͅA͕̖͔̠F̫̹E̢̖R̨ ͙̯̭̟͈͜T͎H̴I҉N̨̦̜̟͙̬ ̟͈̳͈̣͎͍͟L̺̦̳̺͎͖͝A̡̟̼͙̗Y̖̦̣̗̞̜Ḙ̡͔͍͈R̨̟͓̯̳̗̮͚S̥̲̥̞ ̢̞̻̘̟̹T̪̥̗̯̝̥̤͢H̼͙̖̣̲A͕̖̼̲T̗͖̦̥͚́ ̸̬̥̗̫̗̭ͅF̧̩̼͉͕I͞L̰̰͜L̢̰̠̯ ̖̺͍̪̻̬M̛̺̣̟Y̯̣̺̫̳͜ ͏̞̱C͖͠O̬̬̗͈M͞P͏̱̞͕L̴̼̯̠̞̼̗͇E̱ͅX̰̗̦̗̙͙͘.͎̘͈̻̳ͅ ͇̟I̪F̴̫̳̥͖̜̤ ̛͚̲͔͉͕͕T̵̳̤H̛̞̜͉̝͉E̦ ͕̥̦͇W̥̣̙OR̭͓D̤̕ ̡͎ḪḀ̪̘͈T̗̤̙̱͔E̞͍͈̝̠͓ ̕W͍̰͎̤̞͖͉͜A̱͔̲͉͡S̴̺͈ ̥̗͙̤E̬̺N̦͙̩̫̖̦̮G̱̯̟̝̞͍R̳̘̪A̸̖V͜E̼D̺̻̩̟̲̜͇ ̩̣̺́O̢̳̮̖̩̭ͅN ͏̻̤͚̙E̘̣̰̞͈A̻͉̱͉C̴̮̝H͔̱̗̠̙̲̮̀ ̼͓N̢̰͈̺ͅA̮͔̳͇̲̜͜N̟̞̳̤̲OḀ̹̻͔̞́N҉̠̭̼͈ͅͅG̷͍͍̫͚͉̰̮ST͏R̟̟͚͘O̶̰M̷̟ ̺O̡͇̖̤̤F͈̠͖ ̶̼̪̞̝T̡͉͙͎̼̱̜H̨̥̬̤̹͖ͅO̤S̛͓̹̫E͇̕ ̞H̻̣͚̦̀U̗̘͔̪N͠D̦̲̫R̖̝E̲̪̜̜̩̰͝ḒS͓͚͔̗̻͜ͅ ̳͍̬͔̻̀O͎͉̦F͚̥̞̠̗͔ ͇̮̦̙̗ͅM̠͓I̟͉̪͖̥̱LL̖͓I̶̱̙̤͕͖̗O̬̮N͔̕S̸̼̲͔̬͍̮͍ ̗̥̬̪̯O̫̹̝͠F̯̮͟ ̱͎̺̣̫̩̲M̸̼̝͇͓̠̪I̹L͓̜͕̲̀E͓̟̥ͅŚ̩͚ ̸͕̟I̶̜͚͓͎͎̟T̷͖̗ ͚̪̺̹͟W̲̫̤̼͇͞O̗̮̼͈̟͍̮U͙̫L̩͡D̞͔̭̙̪ ̶̬N͚̜̱͞O͉͈Ṱ͖̲͍̠ ̶̥E̳͓̰͇̟̝Q̡̪̼͓̳̞Ù̝̙̩A͎̬̮̟͇͔ͅL̝̣͕͈͞ ̞̗͝O̫̣̙̭N͈͖E͎ ̸̦͇̙̲͇̻O̧̖̹͔͍̤̩N̥E̛̼̲͈̖-̷̱̖̝̣̰BI̴L̵͕̩̰̯̝͖L̘̳̝I͍̺͕̝͎̪̭O̠̪͎̺Ṉ̝͜T̺̩͍̬͈̝͠H̖ ̢̲̜̭ͅO̡̹̪̙F̴͈̬̥̺̝ ͖̲̯͉̲͔̜T̺͚̲́H͎̦͚͇̥̪ͅE̹̭̘ ̣̬͎̮͍H͍̪̖̩̤̞͠A̭̳̗͕̼͚̕T͎͇̹̤̰̮͢E͏ ̘̗͕̭͍̤͇͝I̟̫̥̜ F̵E̥͖̰͍͉͓E͖͍͕͓̕ͅL̶͍̘̲͉̝̞ ̩̫̳̥̼͜F̹͍͍̯͡O̖͔͔͡R̠͖͝ ҉͉̺L̤EA҉̤̯K̗͚̬̬̦͢E̘̣R̵̲͉̙̻͙ͅS̳ ̷͈̙̝̠A͝T̬̣̻͎͓͟ͅ ̠̯T͉̖̗̩͓ͅH̸̰̝͔̟̹͇IS̲̥͘ ̠͉̞̥̺̺M̤̦͚̫̹̟͟ÍC̫͍̟̻͘R̲͖̘̟̪͠O̲̯͇̩͕̫̕ͅ-̞̣I̙̣͇N͉̻̝͞S̡T̷A̪͍̞͕͎͍̯N͎͜ͅT͇͎̤̙ͅ

tumblr_osni57NAEg1vm9106o1_540.gif

S̹̬̜̤͙̦͙̱ͬ̿̋̀̇ͫͅT̨̖̥͓̣̲͔͂̌͛͒ͣ̈ͣÔ̦̟ͬ̓̽̐ͫ͠P̷̫͈͉̀̄̃̿̌͟ ̴̡̥̪̪̮̯ͮͨ̌̃̃̆͆͝Ļ̱̠ͬ̓͋̔̈́͞E̩̱̺͙͔ͯ̈͝A͈̟͓͖̍̍̉ͮ̇ͦͅK̨̺͔͈̮̹͖̾͐̋͂́͠ͅỊ̵̛̝͌̓̎N̵̨ͩ҉͖̖͙͖̺͕̗G̥̻̼͙̞̮͙̱̾̈́̀́ ̷̙͕̹̙̪͔͖͕͙̌̔ͯ̈I̯͌̉̔̋̍N̙̩̆͑͆́̕Fͪ̅̎̽̈́͏̘͖̜̞Ǒ̸̝̦̻͈̣̦̤̂̅R̥̹͍͑̂͑̐̕͘M̹̥̱̆͗̈ͭ͒̇̉̔̚͝ͅÅ̴̴̧̞̗̻̰̠̳̥͕͍̑͑̽̃ͦ̆T̤͇́̂̈́͞ͅÍ̲͈͍͈͎̙͔̰̿̆ͧ̀ͧO̧̥̪͈͓̭̞̺ͥ̿ͬ̿̆͑̚͡N̬̫͎͇͚̍͒̒ͣ͒̎͒̚̚ ̸̡͇̬̪̙̺ͭ̈̐ͮ̈ͮ̈͆͞ͅͅA̸̬͉͇̜͈̯̯̘͆ͣͩ̌͝B̴̹̖̫ͧͪ̈ͤO̴̰̘ͭ̊͊̔͜U̗̻̗̺̬̹̯͇̽ͤͥ͝T̨̠̙̼̰̯͔͕͂̑̿ͧͭ͆̒ ͈͖̍̑͟L̛̼͈̰͇̪̏͑ͤ̂͂͋̔͂̀͜U̱̗ͯͪ͆ͬ̌́S̘̹͖̪̆͐̃͂̂ͮ́͢T̯̮͇̳͖͌̇͗́̈́ͣ̃ ̨͖͙̬̬̭͎͔͓͆̐̇̚F̢͉̘̮̬̭̮̰̥͖ͣͬ̆́͋͛͂̄̀̕O̷̧͚̟͉̘̻͓͉̦̜̐̋ͮ̄̕Ȑ̜̼̜̇̽͐̊̊̐̅̽ ̞̖̻̈̆̌̃̕͞L̶̶̠ͭͦͧ͂͢I̸̼͓̟̱͔̞̫̘͇̊ͩF̴̏̎͊҉̖Ȩ̨̪̳̻͓̳̮ͦͦ̍ͫͪ ̄ͫ͐͆͑̀̕҉̞̜̙P̝̺͊ͧͯ͛̉̒̚A̳̗ͥ̌ͩ͌̚͟͢Ţ̝̞͕ͧ͋ͦͥ́͂͑ͫH̴̷̵͉͇ͯ̒̅ͥ̈́̔̐̚Ę̛͉͉̞͖̻̪͇͖̉ͭ̏͊̒̿T̵̹̞̲̮̞̫̣ͬͭ͂̄̏I̳̰̒ͯͯ̑ͭͩ̄ͦ͞C̜̣̩̻ͩ̾͛ ̵̘͍̺̭̹͓͇̾ͪ̂ͨ̑M̵̖̣͚͕͕͖͙̯̊̊̉ͯ̀̾Ŏ̜̭̫̻̪̞͍̼͌ͣͯ̑ͤ̓̃̾͡R̸̴̤̰͇͓̩̙̼ͫ̍͢T̷̶̩̻͔̲̩̯̫̜̄ͯÄ̷̡̬̟̘̝͖́͒̉̏̓ͬ̐ͅL̴̴̻̥̤̻̞̺̇͐̍ͨ

so is this Daisy, Evelyn, or Brandy

so is this Daisy, Evelyn, or Brandy

Daisy of course she's made of plastic 

But maybe Daisy becomes Evelyn someday ....

O0VNno.gif

m̦͓a̙̗̜̠̳̟c̛͉͖͇̞͔h̢͓i͎n̨͖̦ę͙͔̥͇̯ ͍͘l͉ḙ͕a͉̲͙ͅr͍̝̠͡n͏̲͓̺͓̦ͅͅi̙̥͎n̸̙̣͉̞ͅg̘̦̺̭͚̻̙

Not y'all hating on people who don't want Lana to collab with rappers again  :crossed:  Listen, I like rap/hip-hop/R&B. Besides alternative/indie rock (and Lana of course), R&B and hip-hop are the genres of music I listen to the most. Most of my favorite artists spawn from those genres. And as much as I looooove those genres, I prefer Lana when she moves outside of the hip-hop paradigm. It's all a matter of opinion and personal taste :oprah3:  Hate all you want but I'm more excited for the Nicks/Lennon collabs than the two rap collabs 

oh btw i was trying to find the photo of giraffe neck lana in a onepiece on some grass kissing a fake baby tiger (bc khloe k's twitter pic looks like the same background) and while trying to find it (still havent, help pls) 

i found this.. 

enjoy :toofunny:

lana_del_rey___fox_by_odysseusut-d7z6csb

I agree, though she's made so many morally/ethically ambiguous statements in her own music about gender roles, sex, money, and class that it would be laughable to call hip-hop/R&B out on it. In fact, I would say that those hazy visions of lifestyles, dynamics and timelines that never existed is what draws her to it in the first place. 

However! For all these people who sit here praising BTD, an album that makes heavy use of hip hop sampling, references, and imagery, to suddenly get their panties in a knot when they're confronted with actual hip hop artists fully embedded in the culture, not filtered through the hand of a white dude named Emilie Haynie? It's not a good look. So I'm not calling Lana out because I do believe Lana to feel some affection for the genre. Her fans who need the blackness of it sanitized are the people I'm side eyeing as of now. 

giphy.gif

Can someone post the Lana starter pack?

The one with "how to do promotion"

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Waaaaait wait wait wait, I just had my breakfast and scrolled through 10+ pages of what I've missed and now it's more or less confirmed that the leaked track list IS true?? I had just started to believe it was fake! I still don't like the titles of so many songs honestly. :crossed: I guess BGA's full name can be BGAAATBWII but it's just too long to say during interviews (which made us think it's only BGA), but c'mon... WHERE'S YOSEMITE?? Lana's favorite track?? WHERE?? The only thing that keeps me believing that it's still fake is because Yosemite isn't included in the track list. Yes, I know I'm one of those delusional and annoying fans right now but... I can't possibly imagine Lana changing the name of her favorite track, a song she's talked about in pretty much all interviews. Even if they were done months ago! I can't ever imagine her doing that.

And all these info about how long the songs are going to be... I suppose this Eclipse you're all talking about couldn't make it up since we also can check the info... ugh.

Have a good day everyone, I'll be back later...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Gawd y'all are terrible. We don't know the extent of the space he takes on the tracks. Perhaps he's just doing a bridge or some backing vox for GL. Y'all act like you've already heard the songs. Keep your complaints for the time after we get to hear more from GL

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

She's fucking him

Well it could’ve been G-Eazy, so I’ll gladly take A$AP again. Plus I love the feeling of this record already, it will truly be a mature Born To Die + Honeymoon’s love child.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Gawd y'all are terrible. We don't know the extent of the space he takes on the tracks. Perhaps he's just doing a bridge or some backing vox for GL. Y'all act like you've already heard the songs. Keep your complaints for the time after we get to hear more from GL

don't waste ur time, they was ranking summer bummer  :awk:

Someone isn't happy with the music she puts out - complaint, flame, toxic attacks, tantrums.

We finally get some news on the album - the same gays rant and stir up nonexistential drama about tracks that haven't even been released.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The only true injustice is renaming Yosemite as "Get Free" if they really did that. The song lengths are pretty good, White Mustang being 2:45 is kinda weird but I'm not excited nor looking forward to it anyways so whatever. Bet some of y'all will still be begging for LIB on LDR6... :facepalm:

Edit: Also we already have 70 minutes of new songs so do you really think a deluxe edition is likely lol