Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

What I'm wondering is why people ASSUME it's a cover? Can she not write an original with that same title? The lyrics to the Velvet Underground song don't fit the record and I can't picture her voice singing it. Not to mention, she almost always ends her albums with covers and this is the third to last only.

Lana hasn't mentioned covering that song or any song even once so no one has any reason to believe it's a cover.

she's covered a song ever since Paradise so it's pretty much tradition at this point

sgopYhV.gif

she's covered a song ever since Paradise so it's pretty much tradition at this point

Yeah and she was supposed to cover Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel for Born to Die too :P she planned it from the beginning

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Cherry is one of the worst songs we've heard so far, I am thankful Lana at least has a mind about what to release as a single giphy.gif

cherry is the second best song from this era so far imo, it's sexy and it's fun

Britney-Spears-Cool-Exciting.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm excited we're getting Groupie Love because I have no idea what to expect in terms of sound which makes it exciting. I'm hoping ASAP is only featured as a co write and not as a vocal because releasing the two songs with ASAP on them is odd.

What I'm wondering is why people ASSUME it's a cover? Can she not write an original with that same title? The lyrics to the Velvet Underground song don't fit the record and I can't picture her voice singing it. Not to mention, she almost always ends her albums with covers and this is the third to last only.

Lana hasn't mentioned covering that song or any song even once so no one has any reason to believe it's a cover.

Lana hasn’t said a LOT of things this era, it’s not mandtory of her to say if there is a cover or not just because she said it with the last two records, it’s almost like a tradition now. I could hear her singing to it EASILY, it’s her type of song and oh darling the lyrics have a lot to do with having a Lust For Life.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Hmm idk how to feel. I kinda want GL to be a surprise, we have already heard a part of SB and Cherry in full so it makes most sense for those to be released. She is literally torturing us with Cherry, going as far as teasing the studio version. She performed it twice and we deserve it :(

I mean GL probably gonna bang but fuck I need Cherry.

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

Hmm idk how to feel. I kinda want GL to be a surprise, we have already heard a part of SB and Cherry in full so it makes most sense for those to be released. She is literally torturing us with Cherry, going as far as teasing the studio version. She performed it twice and we deserve it :(

I mean GL probably gonna bang but fuck I need Cherry.

that's what i thought too.  :toofunny:

giphy.gif

Why is she releasing the two asap collabs though? :usrsney: She should've gave us Cherry at least, we deserve the full song by now.

That's exactly what I was just thinking!! I mean you premiered it live!! Should've released it a while ago tbh.

But I don't wanna complain so much not after her comments about quitting and becoming a songwriter and a producer!!

I was thinking that what if Lana was never a singer and that thought just killed me and my heart skipped a beat! Imagine not ever listening to her songs her live performances her visuals oooh god thank you for blessing us with Lana fucking Del Rey! She's everything to me and I'm sure she means the world to all of you❤

God bless her heart and everyone on here ❤

yFSfc8m.jpg