Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Hey guys I am making an unreleased collection. Can you guys give suggestions on her best unreleased songs?

You're Gonna Love Me

All Smiles

Ghetto Baby

Let My Hair Down

You & Me

Dance For Money

Put Your Lips Together

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

am i the only one who thinks the ''take off all of your clothes'' part in LFL sounds like Without Yous chorus?

tumblr_oruz59Twq01ufr8xgo1_540.png

Hey guys I am making an unreleased collection. Can you guys give suggestions on her best unreleased songs?

Lana has over 200 unreleased so it's a different discussion because most of her stuff is experimental and upto you what you like & what you don't. Here's the complete list. I'd advice you to skip the ones under the pseudonym 'Lizzy Grant' or 'sparkle rope jump queen' or anything other than 'Lana Del Rey/Ray' cause they're kinda acoustic & unpolished.

http://lanadelrey.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_unreleased_songs

Honestly ok I know u can't like judge a song based on its snippet but the groupie love one made me like nervous cuz I wasn't so impressed with it?? I thought it would be like really lush and trappy but it was just like underwhelming

It sounded like the chorus was going to come in after the "I know what you're thinking of", maybe asap will be included in the chorus with some undertone trap beats.

giphy.gif

How can some of ya'll hate Love though? It's my favorite song from this whole era. When she says "Don't worry baby" and you can hear the humming in the background, you can hear a male voice very softly too. It's a very faint touch but for me, i get this strong sense of safety and comfort when i hear it. I feel warm and protected... and loved. I picture a loving grey moon smiling at me surrounded by a warm dark blue color. It's powerful and i probably sound very odd by saying this but it's incredible what great music can do. How it can touch your soul and bring out such beautiful emotions. I feel very spiritually connected to the song.

My thoughts exactly. I was inactive around here till April basically and I was so surprised that so many people here dislike it... the lyrics are positive and yeah not her best but still beautiful, plus she's clearly acknowledging us through them and trying to make the listeners comfortable - yeah the chorus goes "it's enough to be young and in love", but to me she's also telling us between the lines that we're enough just the way we are and deserve to be loved as such. It took a few spins to grow on me the first time it leaked and LFL is dethroning its plays very soon, but I still love the track and the message - which she delivered far better than she did in Coachella.  :flutter:

STOP HATING ON CHANGE

ea1ffe76bd6d7ab3c64797a1cce7378c.gif

Honestly ok I know u can't like judge a song based on its snippet but the groupie love one made me like nervous cuz I wasn't so impressed with it?? I thought it would be like really lush and trappy but it was just like underwhelming

you're the first person i've ever seen on here wanting a song from this era to sound more 'trappy'

I really hate Love so much.

The lyrics are mediocre at best. They're nice and positive, sure. But they're kinda cheesy and sparse in comparison to her previous work. The beat is nice and clear, and I like the overall instrumentation of the song, but it's just the melody I hate. The only part I really like is the "don't worry baby" part, and it doesn't last that long. It's just a cheesy, sickly sweet song in my opinion. :pft:

I really hate Love so much.

The lyrics are mediocre at best. They're nice and positive, sure. But they're kinda cheesy and sparse in comparison to her previous work. The beat is nice and clear, and I like the overall instrumentation of the song, but it's just the melody I hate. The only part I really like is the "don't worry baby" part, and it doesn't last that long. It's just a cheesy, sickly sweet song in my opinion. :pft:

You just shattered my heart, Arcade. :wowcry:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I cannot stand people calling an album an era

It's a book and each album a chapter in a continuous story

I also can NOT stand that no one has connected the obvious in videos

as obvious as the  videos Lana made from Born to Die through Shades of blue

Honeymoon the song, the video to it, with beginning, then just lyrics then the end continues the beginning all through Lust for life.

(not to mention when the wind takes that and it looks like the ship that is seen in High by the beach, which was the first video moment (and the single

greatest pix Chuck took)

but this shall be another wasted post on this ridiculous long nearly 35000 post thread, where one can never find a post on this again.

(memo to myself- write this one too somewhere else).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Honeymoon the song, the video to it, with beginning, then just lyrics then the end continues the beginning all through Lust for life.

(not to mention when the wind takes that and it looks like the ship that is seen in High by the beach, which was the first video moment (and the single

greatest pix Chuck took)

but this shall be another wasted post on this ridiculous long nearly 35000 post thread, where one can never find a post on this again.

i am very disappointed with that fact that you failed to throw a 50s - 80s musician reference in this comment.  :creep:

giphy.gif

greatest pix Chuck took)

Okay Rob. Settle down.

lol I swear that's twice you've called me 'arcade' :lmao:

tumblr_nhktb1q8Dv1r8jjn6o4_250.gif

the disrespect