Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

i don't think you needed the 3 month trial, beats 1 is just there

it was all v confusing I just got swept along lol lana and johnny flynn are all i listen to so i just buy their physical albums and rip them :hooker:  i promise i'm not 80 lol

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

have a friend sit in a tree across from your bedroom window with a tin can up to their 2002 Nokia speakers attached by string to another tin can and listen to the song through the can.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: this sounds EXACTLY like something my bestfriend would say

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

Promise I won't cry over spilt milk

Give me a paper towel

Give me another Valium

Give me another hour or two

An hour with you

Why do you bother me

When you know you don't want me

Why do you bother me

When you know you got a woman?

Why're you hitting me

When you know you know better

Know you know better

Know your crew better than you do

Caught me looking for ya

I've been looking for ya

I've been looking forward to weekends

With you baby

With you baby

With you baby

With you

Long as we got

Groupie loooooooovvvveeeee

what's this hobbitses

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

Thanks god Lana doesn’t sing about gay themes, I am indeed gay, but lately almost all “artists” will just do it to get sales or attention from the huge community that is the gay scene in pop culture. It is so obnoxious how all the pop girls claim to be bisexual when they are clearly not, or how all the teenage boy singers will not want to identify as straight, but neither gay just to keep their gay fan fantasies and attention alive. Like stop it. I’m glad Lana does her own thing and doesn’t fall into these cringey gimmicks.

I find it so unauthentic and hollow.

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

Thanks god Lana doesn’t sing about gay themes, I am indeed gay, but lately almost all “artists” will just do it to get sales or attention from the huge community that is the gay scene in pop culture. It is so obnoxious how all the pop girls claim to be bisexual when they are clearly not, or how all the teenage boy singers will not want to identify as straight, but neither gay just to keep their gay fan fantasies and attention alive. Like stop it. I’m glad Lana does her own thing and doesn’t fall into these cringey gimmicks.

Worse, she sings about how she will steal your husband at Coachella while she is worried about your children's children  :)

See I wouldn't want to erase anyone's sexuality by saying it's all staged or whatever but when songs are all like "we're so risqué xxx" "edgy" "going against the grain" it's so hollow, exactly as you said.

The other day I was drunk af (lmao don't @ me bitches) and I'm seeing this girl and we went back to hers and made out on her couch for hours and she put on Patti Smith's horses vinyl. Her cover of Gloria is everything. It's so direct and to the point. It's just "I saw this beautiful girl and I had to make her mine. It's just androgynous almost. It's like ohhh I'm so edgy xxxx it's just like fuck I had to have this girl. It barely mentioned gender or sexuality other than to describe the "Gloria" character. It's so much more raw. Especially when artists don't change gender in songs to fit their narrative. It's highly respectable and very mature.

completely unrelated but imagine if lana did asmr videos :air:  i mean if this signing thing doesn't work out......

tumblr_n7a4cdzBFk1r65oxko1_500.gif