Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Summer Bummer is not bad. And I mean yt version. Love that intro.

But that beat is so poor...

Would it kill them to add some violins? Brass? Fake orchestra? Something to make it more rich, grand and alive since that chorus melody is weak + lyrics are kinda lazy.

Groupie Love sounds like wannabe Haynie track but it lacks these kinda "raw" old drums that Emile is using. That cheap-sounding & DRY snare in chorus damaged my ears and broke my heart. I cried a bit.

That overused radio effect on her vocals. I can hear it on Roses Bloom For You...

Also repeating lyrics...

I don't get her. If you are creating BTD style track to please your BTD fans why you just don't hire Haynie to create it? Or me at least :oopna:

Is Haynie too expensive? Is he hard to work with?

I don't hate Kieron. He must be a really nice person since Lana works with him again, but yeah...

I hope your version of Coachella is on the album instead tbh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

White Mustang being only 2:44 still saddens me to the core

and Cherry is only 3:00 but damn she's gonna come for that Explicit 

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

White Mustang being only 2:44 still saddens me to the core

and Cherry is only 3:00 but damn she's gonna come for that Explicit

"My pussy tastes like Cherry Cola"

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

https://twitter.com/LanaDelRey/status/885202486742532096

Has anyone else noticed that the tracks are in different colours?

I think this could mean that the songs with the same colours have a similar sound.

That would mean Heroin could be the darkest song on the album because it's black.

White Mustang and Groupie Love sound so alike that's why they're both green  :hooker:  I don't blame you though, I had that thought as well, but this sloppy ass paper probably doesn't mean anything as she also ran out of red marker and fixed Change with blue

I want to know if cherry will still have heavy guitars

i dont see why not, the massive drum line during the live versions are still there

Ooh ! The YouTube version is the Instagram version ! I was lost without the second "daisy chains", so happy we got two versions.

SB is not down tempo, it's like almost uptempo

Yes, I agree, I mean her vocals are so down tempo and lascivious.

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

Just think of how less messy this era would've been hadn't one of you gays leaked Love. The era would've begun in April, leaving only a 3 month span from first single to album release which is the perfect length, especially with two videos and 5 songs in between.

On another note, I'm beginning to really enjoy SB. Definitely not very exciting but it's new for Lana and I like it for that. Also, it's still get a signature Lana feel to it. GL is pretty but that chorus is a bit repetitive. I like the trippy sound to it, it's giving me LSD vibes. I think Rick Nowels did a pretty good job. I still know the best songs off the album are ones we have yet to hear.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Summer Bummer is not bad. And I mean yt version. Love that intro. Love that dark melody!

But that beat is so poor...

Would it kill them to add some violins? Brass? Fake orchestra? Something to make it more rich, grand and alive since that chorus melody is weak + lyrics are kinda lazy.

Groupie Love sounds like wannabe Haynie track but it lacks these kinda "raw" old drums that Emile is using. That cheap-sounding & DRY snare in chorus damaged my ears and broke my heart. I cried a bit.

That overused radio effect on her vocals. I can hear it on Roses Bloom For You...

Also repeating lyrics...

I don't get her. If you are creating BTD style track to please your BTD fans why you just don't hire Haynie to create it? Or me at least :oopna:

Is Haynie too expensive? Is he hard to work with?

I don't hate Kieron. He must be a really nice person since Lana works with him again, but yeah...

i mean its boi-1da, completely different producer from a totally different genre, rather than mildly tease the genre I liked that Lana went full authentic with the song; not making a more pop producer try and recreate a more trap-hop beat. It comes out tacky

Just think of how less messy this era would've been hadn't one of you gays leaked Love. The era would've begun in April, leaving only a 3 month span from first single to album release which is the perfect length, especially with two videos and 5 songs in between.

On another note, I'm beginning to really enjoy SB. Definitely not very exciting but it's new for Lana and I like it for that. Also, it's still get a signature Lana feel to it. GL is pretty but that chorus is a bit repetitive. I like the trippy sound to it, it's giving me LSD vibes. I think Rick Nowels did a pretty good job. I still know the best songs off the album are ones we have yet to hear.

the posters for Love were up before the leak, regardless the mv was slated for March iirc. the era was never going to start with LfL or even have 2 singles n 2 MV in one month. albeit cutting out two months would've made things more tolerable, still would've had the album delay. 

Especially during her mood changing towards the end of the production, thus remaking the tracklist in the emotional liking

Target version is 11.99 and only has the poster. Don't know if that was already confirmed

is it possible to pre order the target version?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The GL lyrics are so cute and clever. It captures perfectly how it feels to be in the pit at the concert of an artist who you adore and love so much, but she throws in a romantic twist to make it very sexy. I can totally see her in the video, looking up at ASAP Rocky as he performs, like he was looking at her as she performed in the National Anthem video.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.