Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

B I T C H  I just got home from meeting with researchers and I might do a collaboration with Y A L E this year so I'm dead but in an emotional sense 

Also I listened to Groupie Love during lunch and it's sleyed me

aw, congrats on the collab sis :party: 

wish u were here during the live reactions tho

hell i wish I was here during the live reactions 

I love Summer Bummer! And this is coming from someone who HATES rap lol.. I love how the songs starts in a very slow way.. it's so dark and spooky but then she speeds up her talk as she sings "WRAP YOU UP IN MY DAISY CHAINS!!!1!1!!" :defeated: and then suddenly the beat drops :sluttybunny:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Why did she delete the youtube video for Summer Bummer ? 

i think it was bc they uploaded a separate version/demo and ppl noticed

I love Summer Bummer! And this is coming from someone who HATES rap lol.. I love how the songs starts in a very slow way.. it's so dark and spooky but then she speeds up her talk as she sings "WRAP YOU UP IN MY DAISY CHAINS!!!1!1!!" :defeated: and then suddenly the beat drops :sluttybunny:

I'm glad you like it :) because I remember you were complaining about the snippets alot :lmao:

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

The production on Summer Bummer is top notch and something very fresh in Lana´s discography. Groupie Love is another cliché song from Lana which happens to be so annoyingly oversweet it might have just given me caries. 

This is good though people's brains are not the same so we won't get the same things from the same tracks :) SB just doesn't resonate with me in any way but I am standing on my bed leaning out of my skylight watching it get dark with GL on repeat

life rocked me, ultrasoftly  :heart:

It's actually embarrasing to see a rat named Coachella surrounded by such beautifully produced tracks. It just makes you realise how much it sucks even more. Putting it on the record sounding like a cheap demo made by a primary school keyboard has to be THE worst decision she's made in her entire career.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Okay after a few listens SB really grew on me, GL production is incredible but like the last 3 minutes of her just saying Groupie Love over an over is a little awkward 

8nl2OpX.png

I'm glad you like it :) because I remember you were complaining about the snippets alot :lmao:

Yes lmao!! I hated the first snippet she posted on insta but I guess they re-worked the song because I can't hear that in the final version. I was fine with the second snippet we got

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Groupie Love is so sweet, just loved it. Summer Bummer is also very nice, I was expecting a bomb and it surprised me. After all, wit hCoachella on the tracklist it would be waaaay hard for us to get another bomb on the album.

original.gif