Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I actually think it's so cool that Lana described that she left Yosemite and BAR off the album and kept the more upbeat/ collab songs simply because she had a change in personality and mood halfway through the record. She said that Yosemite and BAR were written at a time when she was more reserved and perhaps alone a lot, more serene. But as she went out more and met more people, she must've felt more excited and happy, so her music followed that which is why we have beat driven tracks like SB Zane GL. We all know how she's been going out a lot and the fact that that is inspiring the music is cool to me. It goes to show that Lana is a person so heavily influenced by her emotions and her environment. When I write music or poetry, I can write something so happy and sexy because I spent a night out with friends. The next day I may spend it alone and I'm not sad about it, I just become more introspective because things are more quiet and I'm allowed to spend more time with my thoughts.

I love that Lana isn't afraid to admit that she is human in the sense that she may be on one path one day and then completely shift to a different one the next. It may not be convenient for that shift to occur right in the midst of putting out a record, but I think that it is cool to acknowledge that change. She's a person and an artist who is sincere. She isn't going to put out another record that hasn't changed as she changed. This album has all the songs it should have and the songs that didn't fit Lana anymore, didn't fit the record and I can respect that. It definitely sounds like we'll hear Yosemite and BAR in the future and it will be our reward for Lana's progression.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

I'm reaaaally curious about Get Free, Heroin and In My Feelings, we really don't know anything about them. IMF may be similar in sound to GL and CWIMM, right? Heroin and Get Free could be epic ballads.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Ok but like... you don’t even know what they sound like so why you so stressed? :oopna:

Wait what part does Carti even sing on SB?? Does he even get a verse or is his contribution literally as small as waping

i mean its boi-1da, completely different producer from a totally different genre, rather than mildly tease the genre I liked that Lana went full authentic with the song; not making a more pop producer try and recreate a more trap-hop beat. It comes out tacky

It's not just him who worked on it. Isn't Nowels there too?

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

Don't you think SB is very dark ?
I love the fact it's on an album called Lust for Life, kinda ironic.

Summer Bummer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coachella > Love >> LfL

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

It's a shame about Yosemite, Architecture and Roses Bloom For You, but she seemed to suggest that they'll "find their place" again. Maybe she'll go back to them for the next record, or there'll be an EP.