Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

By now it isn't much of a surprise that the booklet has only a few pics of her and the rest is flowers and landscapes. Yes the Ultraviolence and Honeymoon booklets are beautiful and I think this one's quite alright, I like the pics so far to be honest! Of course it's somewhat a disappointment that there's no lyrics this time either but nowadays lots of artists don't have them in their booklets anymore so it's not that big of a deal for me. And c'mon the BTD booklet has the lyrics yeah but does it have pretty pictures by Neil? No :flutter: 

I'm too drunk for this...

God dammit! I don't wanna be a hoarder....  :(

Can I post the full PDF? I don't wanna get banned

Well it's just a PDF.

giphy.gif

I'm too drunk for this...

God dammit! I don't wanna be a hoarder....  :(

Can I post the full PDF? I don't wanna get banned

obviously, it's just a booklet 

I think Lana could snag a nomination for best pop vocal album at the 2018 Grammys

tenor.gif

I know those awards are not very objective but maybe she could snatch a Grammy this time? She'd finally get that recognition.

I agree with those who are saying they can appreciate Coachella more now. When we first heard it back in May, many of us saw all the negative feedback given by others that our opinion of it was tainted even before we could listen to it ourselves. It's crazy how powerfully influenced we are by our peers, even when it comes to liking or disliking Lana's music. It seems like I can appreciate a song I wouldn't otherwise like that much if everyone else is praising it and saying it's great, it's like it encourages you to dig deeper and find something about it to appreciate. With C-WIMM, I know I formed my own opinion on the lackluster production, but because everyone else on LanaBoards, etc. was bashing it tirelessly, it really made me feel like it was much worse than it actually is.

Now, when I listen, in context to the album (snippets), I can see why it fits in. I still wish that repetitive hip-hop drum beat wasn't so prominent but the lyrics are interesting, the melody is rich, and that outro could bring tears to my eyes. It's not like anything Lana's done before, a lot like Ultraviolence, which is now my favorite from her of all time, so I know in years, Lust For Life will be golden.

Right? When I first listened to Coachella I actually liked it and I was okay with it being on LFL. Then when I asked my friend (who is also a major Lana stan) about it, he said he hated it and that it sounded like a cheap demo from 2010. Some days later I started to lurk here on LanaBoards and the first thing I see is so much hate for Coachella. It may be true that it's not a good song (production-wise) but I actually enjoyed it. After my friend's hate and LanaBoard's hate, I started to dislike Coachella.

I liked the photoshoot... the only thing I have to complain about is the inconsistency of a major theme. First, 60's hippie, then the witch theme, the "Peg Entwhistle" and now why fucking trucks????? I dont get it

Political love witch on the moon with a truck  :flutter: jk

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif