Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

The beginning 8 or 9 seconds of BPBP sounds like the beginning of Sign Of The Times by Harry Styles. Just thought I should throw that out there. But anyways, that song is amazing, the first few lines that Lana sings are amazing and make me want to cry. "Love live our reign, long live our love." :legend:

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

''Love'' sticks out like a sore thumb, quality-wise. Easily the best song on the album.

''13 Beaches'', ''Cherry'', ''Summer Bummer'' are solid.

''White Mustang'', "Tomorrow Never Came", ''Groupie Love'' are listenable.

''Political'' cuts are god-awful, with "When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing" leading the charge. Just awful.

Biggest disappointment is "Beautiful People Beautiful Problems". Awful writing, awful chorus.

The most interesting stuff happens very early on, and then things fall apart. Easily her worst album. 

this is how i feel. this album is messy. like even cherry is a mess imo (that firing squad line is so awkward and she jams a bunch of words together in parts of it). politics mixed with love songs is awkward. i did rlly like heroin tho. i didnt really feel much connection between the songs.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

Very good album. Cherry, WM, Beautiful People and Heroin are my favourites. Some of it doesn't live up to expectations, like WTWWAWWKD, but they're all listenable and great. I feel like it's the change in sound, we'll get used to it. I feel like it isn't her best album but I'm glad I have it there

US only?

I've never done this so I don't know if the record can be gifted worldwide. But if it's possible and you want it just pm me ur email fam