Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

http://pitchfork.com/features/interview/life-liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness-a-conversation-with-lana-del-rey/

'When I ask her if she is bothered by TMZ dating rumors, which have recently speculated about her relationship with rapper G-Eazy, she gives an unexpectedly goading answer: “They’re usually true. Maybe where there’s smoke there’s fire.” '

This interview is a good read IMO

Since I bought an autographed copy of the album, a digital copy of the album, and will likely buy another physical copy...

Get off your moral high horse. You'll probably just stream it anyway

Couldn't have said it better.

How many hours until the NZ release?

At the moment about 19,5

so what's everyone's least favorite new track?? tbh mine is In My Feelings :toofunny: it sounds too much like an older Lana song and not in a good way imo

First I didn't expect much from it, then the snippet came and it sounded good, but it's quite underwhelming at the moment. The others steal most of the attention

Your fans are famously obsessive. Do they ever cross the line?

They fucking have. Someone stole both my cars. All the scary shit. I’ve had people in my house for sure, and I didn’t know they were there while I was there. I fucking called the police. I locked the door. Obviously, that’s the one in one-hundred-thousand people who’s crazy. But I [had a hard time sleeping] for a minute.

IT SCARES ME JESUS!

giphy.gif

Your fans are famously obsessive. Do they ever cross the line?

They fucking have. Someone stole both my cars. All the scary shit. I’ve had people in my house for sure, and I didn’t know they were there while I was there. I fucking called the police. I locked the door. Obviously, that’s the one in one-hundred-thousand people who’s crazy. But I [had a hard time sleeping] for a minute.

IT SCARES ME JESUS!

that's not cool  :(

Why are people expecting critics to not like the album? Is there any indication that reviews are heading in that direction?

Rap collabs, they will cling to that and say that "she's lost control of her own brand", also Coachella is a problem. Some here have said that critics also don't like long tracklists. Lastly, we don't know their opinion on political lyrics.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

so what's everyone's least favorite new track?? tbh mine is In My Feelings :toofunny: it sounds too much like an older Lana song and not in a good way imo

13 Beaches. The production and vocals are amazing, I'm just not feeling it right now but maybe it will grow on me, I've only listened to it once.

Why is no one talking about the show with BØRNS ???

Nothing's been confirmed yet, as of rn the event page says the show is today. Live nation deleted the ticket page so its probably part of a larger tour that hasn't been announced yet

http://pitchfork.com/features/interview/life-liberty-and-the-pursuit-of-happiness-a-conversation-with-lana-del-rey/

'When I ask her if she is bothered by TMZ dating rumors, which have recently speculated about her relationship with rapper G-Eazy, she gives an unexpectedly goading answer: “They’re usually true. Maybe where there’s smoke there’s fire.” '

She's telling some interesting stuff there.

Especially the part about Ultraviolence (song) 

If you’re happier these days, what do you think when you hear an old lyric from an old record, like, “He hit me and it felt like a kiss,” from “Ultraviolence”?

I don’t like it. I don’t. I don’t sing it. I sing “Ultraviolence” but I don’t sing that line anymore. Having someone be aggressive in a relationship was the only relationship I knew. I’m not going to say that that [lyric] was 100 percent true, but I do feel comfortable saying what I was used to was a difficult, tumultuous relationship, and it wasn’t because of me. It didn’t come from my end.

gbSBViK.gif

" Her menacing themes have also led to resistance at certain momentsfrom larger audiences who, perhaps trained to think of pop music as a tool of empowerment and empathy, just can’t face her nihilism." 

I'm hoping this album changes that perspective at least a little bit.

Here's a song sorter to see how you like the songs http://thisasongsorter.tumblr.com/

For me it's

1 Get Free

2 Change

3 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

4 13 Beaches

5 Lust for Life

6 Love

7 Cherry

8 Groupie Love

9 Summer Bummer

10 Tomorrow Never Came

11 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing

12 Heroin

13 White Mustang

14 In My Feelings

15 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

16 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

image.png

I love how shes saying she doesnt sign about alcohol and drugs on this record when she literally has a track called heroin

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too