Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I don't know why I have this feeling that Lana is over the spotlight and some fans... Idk. I hope she continues music for some time. I don't mean that in a negative way, just sort of a selfish wish.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

at first sight, i liked TNC, Change & Get Free fully. thats it

well have you considered the fact that everyone is not you?

I think what he's trying to say is that you shouldn't say 'this is your least favourite album' right away, iit was just leaked lol

???, ?????????

1 Heroin

2 Cherry

3 White Mustang

4 When the World Was At War We Kept On Dancing

5 Love

6 Beautiful People Beautiful Problems

7 Get Free

8 God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women In It

9 13 Beaches

10 Summer Bummer

11 In My Feelings

12 Tomorrow Never Came

13 Groupie Love

14 Change

15 Lust for Life

16 Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind

I actually thought the Pitchfork interview was heartbreaking, the parts about not liking UV, saying danger was all she knew in her life, when she begins to cry while talking about seeing no color in the world, when she starts to say she doesn't know what the record was about.

But I loved that she backtracked her comments on feminism and that she appeared so candidly. You can really hear her mood changes in her answers though, when she begins to give short ones

This made me realize that we all say I want that Lana like btd lana or uv lana but she is really putting her heart in her records and we can't beg for sad lana for instance

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

"Do you think you romanticize danger in your music?

No. I don’t like it. It’s just the only thing [i’ve known]. So I’m trying to do a new thing. I never wrote better when I had a lot of turmoil going on. Born to Die was already done before any of the shit hit the fan. When things are good, the music is better. I’m trying to change from the way I thought things were gonna be to what I feel like they could be, which is maybe just brighter. "

Does she not know ultraviolence is her best album? Despite how devastating that turmoil was for her, it inspired some of her best music

LIZARD PEOPLE

That interview just makes Get Free all the more impactful. Especially lyrically like when she made that callback to one of her most iconic songs..Im so...im choked up just thinking about it. For those who havent listened, youll understand on Friday

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I love how she acknowledged FACTS and said how she changed today's music trends. Not every unoriginal imitating leech called Bored has the power to do that.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Wow the Pitchfork interview. She seems a little lost still. It's easy to just convince yourself you're doing better but maybe she's realizing now that this isn't her "happy" album, it's just a milestone. I think that's cute. I can't wait for #LDR12 to finally be the real happy album.

tumblr_ov81kxfRAq1t0t62zo1_500.gif

I think that people are kinda forcing the "LANA IS HAPPY NOW!!" narrative... Lana probably has some form of clinical depression, and it's likely she's not just "cured" of that. She still sounds melancholy. This record may be lighter in mood than her other material but I'm not sure that she's all rainbows and sunshine now. She seems like she's in a better place and I think we should accept that instead of forcing L4L to be her "happy" record