Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

So this is why she wrote "lost" for life then crossed it out and added lust...it was her way of saying everything from the interview in one little thing

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

I do think she is in a good place but yeah like she said about Yosemite, she isn't in that perfect place she was writing about. However the record finishes on a lighter note with Change and Get Free than any of her other albums.

One thing I noted in the interview is how she recorded the interview on her own phone too, that's smart! She's taking control of her own narrative, if any journalist twists her words she has proof right there to put the record straight! I'm happy she's doing that, a very smart move indeed!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

I think Groupie Love, Coachella, WTWWAW and either Change or BPBP could have been omitted, then it would been perfect - having said that, there are still aspects of each of these tracks I do love, I just think they're a little clunky compared to how high the highs of this album are. Sonically it's the most layered music she's ever done, and she experiments with harmonies, her range and ad-libs beautifully. I can't really rank her albums hierarchally because I think each one is its own entity entirely. 13 Beaches and Get Free are both MASTERPIECES. I'm very happy with this album, I audibly gasped to these tracks. Well done Lana. You just get better. And I still have the HQ to look forward to <3

I'm glad she called out the Guardian interviewer. It was unfair of him to make a story around Lana when she was quite clearly at her worst (mental health wise) and didn't need to had fuel to the fire. 

One thing I noted in the interview is how she recorded the interview on her own phone too, that's smart! She's taking control of her own narrative, if any journalist twists her words she has proof right there to put the record straight! I'm happy she's doing that, a very smart move indeed!

Especially now that she's getting more political. Good on her

this interview convinced me and I won't listen to this fucking leak. I don't know what to say. I see how much effort lana puts on her music and this is a part of her soul, heart and life. I will not destroy it.

this is so stupid 

you are not going to destroy her soul, heart & life by listening to it 2 days in advance 

WTF??

You got a lot of shit for saying “I wish I was dead” to a journalist a few years ago.

Fuck that guy, though. I didn’t think he would print it and make it the headline. I was having a really tough time. I had been on the road for a year. I was really struggling. I was just stupid, I was like, “I fucking want to die.” Maybe I meant it. I don’t really know.

Straight from Lana, The Guardian can choke giphy.gif

I'm glad she called out the Guardian interviewer. It was unfair of him to make a story around Lana when she was quite clearly at her worst (mental health wise) and didn't need to had fuel to the fire. 

Yes I hated that interviewer so much for that stupid article - he clearly was chosing the "I wish I was dead already" thing as a headline just to get clicks and to get noticed by other media. Unfortunately many people only read the headlines so that was bad publicity for Lana.

Ok got my first listen. Gotta say I am a little underwhelmed mixed emotions ...

Sadly there are no "big" productions like honeymoon had... No orchestral stuff (except for 13beaches) and that makes me really sad...

Many songs sound like old rock folk country which is a difference to her previous albums...

Then there 2-3 songs with a horrible production. (beautiful people beautiful problems) Stevie didn't even have the filter over her voice like lana did... Then as a contrast there are beautiful produced ones (cherry, white mustang, beaches)

The lyrical topics are not my thing on some of the songs. Let's see what grows on me and by expirience I know lana songs grow...

Highlights (so far) :

Cherry (wish it was longer)

White mustang (wish it was longer)

Summer Bummer

Change

13 beaches

Heroin

Lowlights:

Beautiful people beautiful problems

The summers hot and i've been cold without you... watch me: https://www.youtube.com/thisisruskoatqq1.jpg

the interview makes me cry.. it is so personal... it's like... you can tell she's very intelligent and shy and very complex... as a human... not just a star that you see on screen with only one single layer...

i dont know how to say it.. but i can feel her pain... she is sort of recovering... but she's just very complex...

it's not 100% sadness, not 100% happiness, but somewhere in between...

and she shows so many personal growth after the mainstream debut 

I love this girl so much omfg.

giphy.gif

I get why she has 2 iPhones now, she needs so much storage for all these interviews and the apparent hundreds and hundreds of recordings of melodies and lyrics she comes up with lol

LIZARD PEOPLE