Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Cause we're the masters of out own fate

We're the masters of our own souls

There is no need for a release date 

Cause boy you know, don't need promo 

We got that #1

fuck off fuck offf fuck all your mouths fuck of fuck offf

I want Lana to stab me in the throat with her nose until there's a hole in both sides and then re-record white mustang singing through my throat

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

just me or has this era's production and lyrics become lazy. compared to the likes of young and beautiful or big eyes/the entirety of btd with gorgeous orchestral elements they seem meh :icant:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Can't wait to see the official tracklist and the album versions   :smokeney:

just me or has this era's production and lyrics become lazy. compared to the likes of young and beautiful or big eyes/the entirety of btd with gorgeous orchestral elements they seem meh :icant:

Girrrl we've only listened to 3 songs and one of them (Coachella) was basically mixed in a hurry + the instrumentals from "Love" are gorgeous 

t9tqg0.jpg

Can't wait to see the official tracklist and the album versions   :smokeney:

Girrrl we've only listened to 3 songs and one of them (Coachella) was basically mixed in a hurry 

girl ik im just being problematic and impatient tbh

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

When Lust for Life got released I said it was way better than Love but now I feel like Love is harder to get bored of

I guess I'm overplaying both, will totally skip them on my first listen of the album 

t9tqg0.jpg

Honestly, the production on "Love" is some of her best. That simple upright bass pluck is iconic and would be a great way to start the album but also a great way to end it. "Lust For Life" is boring to me. It's a cute song but it's the one song by Lana that doesn't make me feel something, if that makes sense. All of Lana's music makes me feel electric and almost "high" in a sense but this track, probably because it's a feature, isn't interesting to me and it feels like I chore when I get myself to listen to it. "Coachella" has a beautiful, iconic melody that was destroyed by lazy, rushed production and some questionably ironic lines. If they'd remaster Coachella to have a more cinematic, orchestral sound, it would be beautiful. Maybe if Rick stepped aside and Lana had Benny and Emile produce more tracks for her. I mean, afterall, they helped with Love which is the best thing to come out of this era so far.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Honestly, the production on "Love" is some of her best. That simple upright bass pluck is iconic and would be a great way to start the album but also a great way to end it. "Lust For Life" is boring to me. It's a cute song but it's the one song by Lana that doesn't make me feel something, if that makes sense. All of Lana's music makes me feel electric and almost "high" in a sense but this track, probably because it's a feature, isn't interesting to me and it feels like I chore when I get myself to listen to it. "Coachella" has a beautiful, iconic melody that was destroyed by lazy, rushed production and some questionably ironic lines. If they'd remaster Coachella to have a more cinematic, orchestral sound, it would be beautiful. Maybe if Rick stepped aside and Lana had Benny and Emile produce more tracks for her. I mean, afterall, they helped with Love which is the best thing to come out of this era so far.

THIS  :party:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

It won't make any sense if she puts Coachella in LFL with a different production tho She already released it as a single as it is... I don't think that could ever happen

It won't make any sense if she puts Coachella in LFL with a different production tho She already released it as a single as it is... I don't think that could ever happen

Sadly, you're probably right. However, it was a rushed production so maybe they went back and added more elements to make it more cohesive with the album.

Also, she DID change the production of WEST COAST after it was released. Remember how the vocals were much more layered originally and the drums were messier? The album version is more clear. Many artists have further remastered their songs for their albums.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

she also released as a standalone track and not as a part of lsf.

it wouldn't be the first time something gets remade to fit on an album though. 

i76mrxw.png 

UV says hello

nothing on uv was released as a single and then reworked to fit into the album better tho.

Black Beautys demo was leaked and then the final was just put on the deluxe edition