Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

I don't see the point in live albums tbh. The whole point of why live music is great is because you're there experiencing it. Why would you want to hear some crappy LQ performance through your headphones when you can get a lush, perfected, HQ studio version?

I usually agree but I mean nirvanas unplugged is amazing

LIZARD PEOPLE

I'll tell you why live albums matter, so gather round twinks:

Usually when an artist performs live, it gives them a certain freedom to incorporate improvisation into their songs which they would be limited to during studio recordings. A well recorded live album captures a lot more raw emotion since it's all in one take. And let's not forget the intimate interaction with the fans. All in all, live albums just capture the 'moment' a lot better. It captures the excitement of the fans, the versatility of a bands instrumental structure, and the freedom of voice which a singer can take advantage of as opposed to a strict structure that's common in the studio.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

that would make no sense, seeing as anything is free and readily available now. live concerts are streamed on YT just as much as full studio albums. 

duh.

Sooo the difference is, recordings of live music become readily available in the moment. We watch lana perform live via periscope or insta live or whatever as she's doing it. WIthin a few days everyone who cares enough to listen to it already has. At that point, a label is probably not going to expend time and energy compiling the performance into an album, doing sound editing, paying for cover art, for something that exists without all of that. For albums they have to make the music or it doesn't exist. They will sell the music because their copy of it is the original version of the song, and often is the most HQ. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't love one, I would, but it is a remnant of a time when you could sell those because there weren't other ways of making live performances available to those who couldn't make it to the concert

I don't see the point in live albums tbh. The whole point of why live music is great is because you're there experiencing it. Why would you want to hear some crappy LQ performance through your headphones when you can get a lush, perfected, HQ studio version?

because usually a live concert in form of a tv special, itunes or whatever exclusive or traditional release is well mastered, hq and enjoyable to listen to ?

it's sad that we never get to hear lana's live reenditions in better quality than a shitty periscope like how can some of you even compare a live album to the content we have of lana's shows.

i76mrxw.png 

Watch us reach 1600 pages before pre-order and 2 tracks (don't even wanna think about number of pages before the album release date)  :flutter:

When we reach the 11th we'll make like 20 pages of anticipation, meltdowns and excitement. Then, when the 2 singles and the pre order come out, we'll make like 30 pages of opinions. Then the thread maybe sort of dead until we get to July 19 -20th when we'll make like another 20 pages of excitement, and then when it comes out in NZ when we can finally move to the "Lust For Life - Post-Release Thread" and lock this one forever lmao (This is assuming the album won't leak and if it does, we'll make like 100 pages lol)

I would say in the next 50 years Lana will release approx. 43 more albums, plus unlimited number of box sets, including live versions and demo's

Something similar to the amazing output Elton John has released officially. A few Christmas songs would be great though, something that can be played

each year (and in the US, stations now go all-Christmas from Halloween through Christmas Day.

Perhaps in a year or three a remastered Born to Die/Paradise with a few new songs added to, which would count officially on the charts as the same record

with regards to total weeks on charts. 

A Christmas album or even a short EP would be perfect

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Do any of you ever stop and think while you're listening to Lana how thankful you are for having her ? Never have I ever felt more connected to someone spiritually than this amazing woman . She's an amazing icon , goddess , and such a celestial person who has made her past pain into a work of art . As I listen to LOVE it just gets me more emotional every time knowing that she wrote this for all of us on here , her fans . Sorry for getting TOO emo on here but , I felt like y'all Lana stans would get it ♡

giphy.gif

Do any of you ever stop and think while you're listening to Lana how thankful you are for having her ? Never have I ever felt more connected to someone spiritually than this amazing woman . She's an amazing icon , goddess , and such a celestial person who has made her past pain into a work of art . As I listen to LOVE it just gets me more emotional every time knowing that she wrote this for all of us on here , her fans . Sorry for getting TOO emo on here but , I felt like y'all Lana stans would get it ♡

Completely agree, when I was going through a dark period of depression Ultraviolence was the only company I wanted and I truly felt "understood" by the music, like she was a friend who could connect to the way I was feeling. Now that I type that out it sounds so corny haha. But I will always love and be thankful for Lana deciding to share her gift with the world, and knowing that she's writing with us in mind is so nice

i honestly think the BTD gays are coming back because i haven't heard this much complaining in a while. she's literally giving me life with the songs and music videos she's been releasing and all they do is complain and ruin the mood, gets on my nerves

Ever since hearing that SoundHound snippet...

I want Summer Bummer.

I'll mute Playboi Carti out of it somehow, but I wanna hear more of her delivery on it.

giphy.gif

I want Summer Bummer.

I'll mute Playboi Carti out of it somehow, but I wanna hear more of her delivery on it.

I've honestly never listened to any of his music. Is he that bad? What if he's good on the song? And you like asap tho?

LIZARD PEOPLE

i honestly think the BTD gays are coming back because i haven't heard this much complaining in a while. she's literally giving me life with the songs and music videos she's been releasing and all they do is complain and ruin the mood, gets on my nerves

Exactly . I feel her happiness and I just feel like she's actually trying to spread positivity like she's wanted this past year. I hope more people soon adore Lust For Life and Love the way they do her past songs .

giphy.gif

I want Summer Bummer.

I'll make the solo edit SO fast if their parts suck.

Hopefully Lana has quality control and they will have catchy verses, but I'm very worried

For me, I'd die to buy a CD of a live performance because I love the UV vibe all songs gets (OTTR suddenly sounds more dangerous and alarming with the guitar than on the album for example), and when Lana plays with her vocals... it's pure heaven.

I hope I get to see her concert one day, I'm still not over that I can't this summer when she comes to Sweden... Too many exams to write and no money for buying a train ticket to travel across the country. :crai:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I want Summer Bummer.

I really don't even listen to rap and I am wanting it so badly myself lol. The SoundHound snippet is so intriguing. I love the lyrics in it as well!

Cause artists often do variations of the tracks when they perform them live. Just listen to OTTR or Lolita live. And professionally recorded live albums can be wonderful. Like Portishead's live record or Björks multiple live albums.

And in the case of Lana concerts it might be the only way to enjoy them, cause if you are there all the stupid tumblr gurls and gays sing along like they are alone in the car or scream like a siren and sob like pathetic little babies because Lana flipped her hair. No way to actually enjoy the music.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The album is not delayed.

She already said the 21st and when she actually finally spoke about the album mentioning the pre-order, she didn't say anything about the date changing [which she would have].

A week prior to an album launch for a pre-order is not uncommon.