Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Ok but like I’m so baked rn reading this translated bible verse and I can’t function like I’m dead on the floor laughing  

also hi I’m new, I’ve been trying to verify my account since pre-ultra violence and finally emailed for help RIP me 

hey dyl, 

nice profile pic 

:creepna2:

I'm so confused by some of y'all who keep having doubts about Yosemite being on the record simply because of some rumored tracklist leak. For all we know, that tracklist is utter bullshit, yet Lana has mentioned Yosemite in literally every single interview she's done this era. There are plenty of other songs on the record that she hasn't even mentioned. Do you truly believe that, of all the tracks on the record, she'd end up omitting the one track that she has been hyping the most and claims to adore more than the rest? And even if these interviews were done awhile ago, of Yosemite was suddenly cut from the records, I'd like to think her team would reach out and have the editors cut out the parts of the interviews where she's talking about Yosemite.

Yosemite will be on Lust For Life. A fact. Bookmark me and stop the meltdowns. :smokes:

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

@JillValentine Found it!! Exactly the same hat too... im such a goddamn detective :hooker:

dont worry about the embroidered 'Mexico' on the side- look at 0:18 when she looks down, you can see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktf6AScwgek

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MEXICO-MEXICAN-STYLE-EMBROIDERED-BASEBALL-CAP-HAT-/172316891742?hash=item281ee31a5e:g:~yUAAOSwMtxXvQys

have fun babb :party:

Omg you are amazing

By the way, thanks for that, on the way, I'll pray for ya
But you'll need a miracle
America

lol I just remembered how V Magazine wrote July 12th as the release of LFL and t turns out that's the day of the pre-order and the two new tracks. It makes sense now. Still a dumb mistake.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

lol I just remembered how V Magazine wrote July 12th as the release of LFL and t turns out that's the day of the pre-order and the two new tracks. It makes sense now. Still a dumb mistake.

They wrote July 14 (a Friday- a week before official worldwide release) because of a mistake their editor made.

giphy.gif

Just gonna post the first part here, I couldn't do much actually since I something interrupted me and I can't stay too long anymore. There's still 1 and a half pages left

Please excuse me if the translation is not 100% correct, I only have B2 level in French

What do you mean by “musical risks”?

The co-existence of different songs on the same album, like the very complex Lust for Life with the desert-like Yosemite, it is not very reasonable. One tries to put me off, one tells me the contrast is too extreme, but I love the two songs too much to exclude one because of the other one. These are the songs which make me life, and more than that, as well: they have some experience.

okay so either Yosemite is bonus track because it doesn't fit on the album, or someone talked her into taking it off., or she changed the name??

Have you become more patient the older you got?

I did. I allow myself much more free-time nowadays. I can go to the studio at any time, I don’t have the pressure of a deadline anymore. Of the blow, I have let myself go a little with the song Lust for Life… I have worked on it on multiple days a week for one and a half year. It has passed every stage, it has started with a futuristic and dark vein like Blade Runner. Also, I have decided to return to a radiant Shangri-La like style… After working for some months, Abel (The Weeknd) joined to add his part. This song became my baby, an unmanageable and maleficent baby which made me crazy. I quickly understood that this album would sound like a trip, a mix.

Working with The Weeknd, did you learn new methods to work in the studio?

I already once learned that I love to play with the buttons, the reverb, I feel more and more comfortable on the other side of the window. I can pass hours with a sound, it captivated me. Also, I spend time with the console in the studio, it doesn’t seem like working; it’s fun, exciting. I even read technical reviews, I’m a true geek (laughs)… Technically, nowadays, I would be capable of producing for other artists. The real question is, however: Even if I can, should I? Often when I jam with my friends, I can hear how the studio version would sound like. Maybe that’s my future. There is a serious lack of female producers in the music industry!

also LAUGHABLE that she worked on LFL for a year and a half and it has one of the weakest lyrics to date..

i mean it's a bop but i can imagine earlier versions has to be stronger, lyrically 

I'm so confused by some of y'all who keep having doubts about Yosemite being on the record simply because of some rumored tracklist leak. For all we know, that tracklist is utter bullshit, yet Lana has mentioned Yosemite in literally every single interview she's done this era. There are plenty of other songs on the record that she hasn't even mentioned. Do you truly believe that, of all the tracks on the record, she'd end up omitting the one track that she has been hyping the most and claims to adore more than the rest? And even if these interviews were done awhile ago, of Yosemite was suddenly cut from the records, I'd like to think her team would reach out and have the editors cut out the parts of the interviews where she's talking about Yosemite.

Yosemite will be on Lust For Life. A fact. Bookmark me and stop the meltdowns. :smokes:

Because these interviews were taken months ago and she literally made the final tracklist at the very last moment. If the traclist is utter bs how would they know of summer bummer ?

LFL doesnt sound bad sonically but its lyrical void. 

I don't really understand the hate the lyrics of LFL get. I agree that thematically they're really uninteresting and kind of nonsensical, but I don't think they're bad in terms of HOW they're written/phrased. I mean, I don't think they contain any lines that stand out to me as being particularly bad such as for instance "stranger than a stranger", "crying tears of gold like lemonade", "I wish I was dead - dead like you", "all these children and all their children's children" and so on. In a way, Coachella is actually the completely opposite of LFl: thematically interesting, but badly phrased.

I hope this makes sense, I haven't slept for 20 hours and I'm a little drunk.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I don't really understand the hate the lyrics of LFL get. I agree that thematically they're really uninteresting and kind of nonsensical, but I don't think they're bad in terms of HOW they're written/phrased. I mean, I don't think they contain any lines that stand out to me as being particularly bad such as for instance "stranger than a stranger", "crying tears of gold like lemonade", "I wish I was dead - dead like you", "all these children and all their children's children" and so on. In a way, Coachella is actually the completely opposite of LFl: thematically interesting, but badly phrased.

i like the song! but i'm used to more complex (storytelling) lyrics from Lana is all 

I don't really understand the hate the lyrics of LFL get. I agree that thematically they're really uninteresting and kind of nonsensical, but I don't think they're bad in terms of HOW they're written/phrased. I mean, I don't think they contain any lines that stand out to me as being particularly bad such as for instance "stranger than a stranger", "crying tears of gold like lemonade", "I wish I was dead - dead like you", "all these children and all their children's children" and so on. In a way, Coachella is actually the completely opposite of LFl: thematically interesting, but badly phrased.

the lyrics are typical lana lyrics so if these annoying gays hate them then they hate 95% of lanas other lyrics. But i know that in a year or so lfl will get praise because this complaining at first and then actually loving the music always happens. Bookmark me

A weird thing to me is that she seems to only be willing to talk about a certain finite number of tracks during interviews. I was hoping a new title would come up in this last interview to either confirm or deny the tracklist once and for all and we got nothing