Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

Is that "ah he's" or "Harvey's", in the official album it's written "Ah He's"

i hear harvey and most people do too, and they've made a lot of mistakes in the booklet. So I'm gonna say Harvey.

i hear harvey and most people do too, and they've made a lot of mistakes in the booklet. So I'm gonna say Harvey.

Also, 'Ah he's in the sky with diamonds' is a terrible line that doesn't really scan or make sense, and ruins the joke.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

HEY SO

I heard that "Skid Row" is the name of a street in LA where people do there drug deals for like cocaine and meth and stuff!

SHE WEARS HER DIAMONDS ON SKID ROW. TO BUY COKE. CAUSE SHE'S CLASSY

And it makes sense cause LA is on the WestCoast and "Paradise" is inspired more by her times on the WestCoast ~ pooh

Hm so she is flaunting her diamonds to homeless people? Just a thought. Seems like a strange thing but class warfare and that kind of materialism kind of (unfortunately) fits right in with the rest of the American imagery she throws in to the verses. I've always wondered what she was trying to "say" in that particular line. 

As far as I know, Skid Row is also a dangerous place, so I understand "I wear my diamonds on Skid Row" like she's playing dangerous, taking risks.

My pussy tastes like Pepsi cola

UGH, Lana just gets me, y'know? She takes EXACTLY what I'm thinking and puts it into a song. It's like we're twins or something.

they call you CRY BABY, CRY BABY / but you don't fucking care!!

It could be Harvey as in Weinstein. She gots a taste for men who are older shy.gif

I saw someone on Twitter who had the same theory - scary. I hope she isn't singing about him but on the other hand, it seems like a lot of people knew what he did so the line "I know your wife and she wouldn't mind" would kind of make sense...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It's kinda looking that way, they've definitely had a few interactions over lana's career, he offered her multiple roles, they've had a private lunch together, she worked on Big eyes and she's always at the weinsteinCo events

1507586290025.jpg

article-0-13E641C3000005DC-249_468x347.j

amy-weinstein-lana-del-rey-big-eyes-2015

Harvey-Weinstein-Shailene-Woodley-Lana-D

<p class="bbc_center">@Degynerate

http://www.laineygossip.com/Lana-Del-Rey-and-Harvey-Weinstein-lunch-in-Paris/23995?celebrityId=20515

"..But there’s no telling Harvey to f-ck off: he can be and say whatever he wants. Because Harvey makes movies – successful, Oscar-baiting, artistic movies – that fledgling starlets want so badly. Even to read one of Weinstein’s scripts must come at a price. Lana will have to do more than wear some frilly Marchesa gowns."

Even a gossip article writer knew what's up and this is from 2012

4BZPaCg.jpg

I  am screaming omg

Just in case anyone is nervous Lana got the idea for this song bc Barrie said that Scottish men idealized American women and said their pussies would taste like Pepsi 

Try telling them that. They dragged her hard :toofunny:

wrong thread

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp