Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

Never mind, this is not the thread I thought, thought I was in the other thread I had just commented on

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I wasn't being serious in regards to Lana; I threw it out there because it was a possibility that I didn't think anyone else would entertain due to its taboo nature. Maybe she had an incestuous relationship with her father, maybe she didn't, I don't know. I personally don't think she did, however I'm not ignorant enough to assume with ~complete certainty~ aspects of another person's life, especially someone I don't know personally... nor would I make a universal assumption about people. Consensual incest, where both parties are happy, loving, and supportive of one another (or maybe the dynamic is "strictly sex" and doesn't assume the form of a romantic relationship) does exist. Just because you can't fathom yourself or others having an interest and/or willingly participating in these acts doesn't mean that they don't happen. It just doesn't seem right to me to judge one's character or ~decency~ by their preferences in regards to sex and attraction. Those involved in an incestuous relationship can't help what or whom they are attracted to anymore than you and I can.

consensual incest is an oxymoron. I can't believe some people (moderators, too!) agree(d) with this and liked the post.

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

how do you people find these old ass threads...

I had an idea for a thread and I wanted to see if it had already been made so when I searched the keywords, this came up. I wanted to see if someone made a guess about Weinstein 

consensual incest is an oxymoron.

The fact some people on this forum genuinely believe incest is “okay if it’s consensual”.. :biblio:

Too bad you missed the incest thread.

I said this jokingly the first time, but I mean it seriously too. We had a really good thread discussing this topic years ago and many were surprised to find that they struggled when forced to support their opinions with actual arguments. I'll go on record saying that the forum was better when we had interesting discussions like this.

Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, this legendary infamous thread got deleted because it was creating a problem for Google Ads. Does anybody have a screenshot? @@Elle Is there any way to retrieve this even though it was probably "permanently deleted"? Looks like this was the URL and archive.org doesn't have it:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/2257-do-you-support-incest/

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

consensual incest is an oxymoron. I can't believe some people (moderators, too!) agree(d) with this and liked the post.

It was in 2012, back then this "I am reaching for any, literally any reason to be offended" mentality was not as widespread as it is nowadays, like people on this page are doing already.

It was in 2012, back then this "I am reaching for any, literally any reason to be offended" mentality was not as widespread as it is nowadays, like people on this page are doing already.

I feel like 'incest' lies p solidly in the 'it's alright to be offended by this' camp  :creep:

locals only

this thread is OVERFLOWING with dumbass opinions and ignorance. 

I said this jokingly the first time, but I mean it seriously too. We had a really good thread discussing this topic years ago and many were surprised to find that they struggled when forced to support their opinions with actual arguments. I'll go on record saying that the forum was better when we had interesting discussions like this.

Unfortunately, if I recall correctly, this legendary infamous thread got deleted because it was creating a problem for Google Ads. Does anybody have a screenshot? @@Elle Is there any way to retrieve this even though it was probably "permanently deleted"? Looks like this was the URL and archive.org doesn't have it:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/2257-do-you-support-incest/

As the person who created that thread (while more than likely wasted iirc) it was actually a really good conversation that came out of personal trauma and a situation I'd rather not really bring up that wasn't really traumatic, but heartbreaking I guess? That thread helped me get the professional help that I needed thanks to a few messages that came after the thread was deleted There were discussions on consent and power structures that I had never heard before that validated a lot of things for me during a time when I really needed it. So while people who never got a chance to read it may think the idea of that thread was wrong or disgusting or whatever, it was just a really great conversation that changed my life for the better. 

Also, the thread wasn't about supporting unfair power structures, forced situations, grooming, or anything like that, but rather when does society's "ew" factor take away from consenting adult's choices when they're both fully capable of consent in all aspects of their life. I think that in itself was a very interesting thing to discuss. I think the general thought was "it's gross to me, but if it's fully consensual then let them continue those relationships as long as they don't have children because that could cause a lot of mental and physical issues"  

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

As the person who created that thread (while more than likely wasted iirc) it was actually a really good conversation that came out of personal trauma and a situation I'd rather not really bring up that wasn't really traumatic, but heartbreaking I guess? That thread helped me get the professional help that I needed thanks to a few messages that came after the thread was deleted There were discussions on consent and power structures that I had never heard before that validated a lot of things for me during a time when I really needed it. So while people who never got a chance to read it may think the idea of that thread was wrong or disgusting or whatever, it was just a really great conversation that changed my life for the better. 

Also, the thread wasn't about supporting unfair power structures, forced situations, grooming, or anything like that, but rather when does society's "ew" factor take away from consenting adult's choices when they're both fully capable of consent in all aspects of their life. I think that in itself was a very interesting thing to discuss. I think the general thought was "it's gross to me, but if it's fully consensual then let them continue those relationships as long as they don't have children because that could cause a lot of mental and physical issues"  

that is so awesome that you got help and validation (:

this thread is OVERFLOWING with dumbass opinions and ignorance.

To the extent that this is true, they would be your posts. Because as a member mere months old ( :welcome:), you couldn't possibly be anything but literally ignorant of the nuances of conversations that took place here many more years ago that are no longer archived here, some of which @@trayertrash eloquently touched on in her post. It was more about consent and power structures, what actually makes incest wrong in most cases besides a gut feeling, philosophical thought experiments about scenarios where those reasons might not apply, etc.

incestboards

#tbt

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.07.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.06.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.05.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.04.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.03.

Screen%20Shot%202013-06-03%20at%2022.03.

Whats weirder. Lana Boards members, or Google?

we've done it, everyone, we are THE INCEST FORUM

so fucking proud of us

Also, #tbt that time Ben threatened the previous owner of LanaBoards with arrest over his misunderstanding of a post dismissing a fan theory because it would have absurd incestuous implications with Lana's brother as a post advocating that theory.

#YeahThatReallyHappened #GoodTimes

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.