Sign in to follow this  
James19709

Cola

the intro was literally amazing. the dramatic music went on for like 10 minutes tho and was really loud and got annoying after a while but when she finally came on 

:icant:  :icant:  :icant:

yes, every time the lights moved to a different part of the stage, everyone started screaming and pushing and thought lana was coming

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

yes, every time the lights moved to a different part of the stage, everyone started screaming and pushing and thought lana was coming

that was the worst part of the concert, everyone from like 5th row trying to reach forward to Lana. It's not gonna happen.  :defeated:  :facepalm:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

Bringing this over from another thread because the variation of the bridge lyrics makes things interesting.

Multiple sources have cited "Decorate my neck, me, I'm on decisis" as the final lyric. A (stare) decisis is a doctrine in which judges must respect and adhere to the precedent established by past judicial decisions when an issue resurfaces after it has already been brought to court and ruled.

Lana's not new to talking about doctrines/policies/authority in her songs.

So in that context, when thinking of "decorate my neck" as a "give me a pearl necklace" she is basically saying after all this "sucking" and "treating nicely," to finish by blowing his nut all over her neck because it has been done previously in past sexual experiences and she can fucks with it. Because she's a bad bitch.

If this is supposed to be a sexual song...then it makes sense to me. I hear it clearly in the studio version, and some of the live performances seem to go either way.  :whatever:

Lyrics straight from Rick Nowel's site:

Drug, suck it up, like Vanilla Ice is
Don’t treat me rough, treat me really nice-is
Decorate my neck, me, I’m on decisis
Why, come on come on come on
Oooh…
Yeow!

I've always heard "Decorate my neck, me I'm indecisive" but yeah this makes a lot more sense. But Rick's site still says "Ah, he's" instead of "Harvey's" so idk really.

In live performances I definitely hear the d in diamantes being pronounced, but she does change up some lyrics so idk... Here's a video that it is easy to understand in:

The live performances seem to variate, it might be an intentional homophone/wordplay of sorts, or she may have acclimated to using the line "diamantes iceys" every now and again because that's what fans might be hearing. :smile:

Lyrics straight from Rick Nowel's site:

I've always heard "Decorate my neck, me I'm indecisive" but yeah this makes a lot more sense. But Rick's site still says "Ah, he's" instead of "Harvey's" so idk really.

I used to hear "Holly's," but after seeing "Ah, he's," the latter makes more sense to me.

Bringing this over from another thread because the variation of the bridge lyrics makes things interesting.

Multiple sources have cited "Decorate my neck, me, I'm on decisis" as the final lyric. A (stare) decisis is a doctrine in which judges must respect and adhere to the precedent established by past judicial decisions when an issue resurfaces after it has already been brought to court and ruled.

Lana's not new to talking about doctrines/policies/authority in her songs.

So in that context, when thinking of "decorate my neck" as a "give me a pearl necklace" she is basically saying after all this "sucking" and "treating nicely," to finish by blowing his nut all over her neck because it has been done previously in past sexual experiences and she can fucks with it. Because she's a bad bitch.

If this is supposed to be a sexual song...then it makes sense to me. I hear it clearly in the studio version, and some of the live performances seem to go either way.  :whatever:

I don't think the oral in this song is very reciprocal :uh:

HEY SO

I heard that "Skid Row" is the name of a street in LA where people do there drug deals for like cocaine and meth and stuff!

SHE WEARS HER DIAMONDS ON SKID ROW. TO BUY COKE. CAUSE SHE'S CLASSY

And it makes sense cause LA is on the WestCoast and "Paradise" is inspired more by her times on the WestCoast ~ pooh

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

HEY SO

I heard that "Skid Row" is the name of a street in LA where people do there drug deals for like cocaine and meth and stuff!

SHE WEARS HER DIAMONDS ON SKID ROW. TO BUY COKE. CAUSE SHE'S CLASSY

And it makes sense cause LA is on the WestCoast and "Paradise" is inspired more by her times on the WestCoast ~ pooh

Skid Row is a street where most homeless people take shelter. Not where the average person does drug deals. It's homeless person after homeless person after homeless person, that's what it's known for. Of course there's meth use amongst those homeless ppl, but as I said not really where the average person goes. 

Skid Row is a street where most homeless people take shelter. Not where the average person does drug deals. It's homeless person after homeless person after homeless person, that's what it's known for. Of course there's meth use amongst those homeless ppl, but as I said not really where the average person goes. 

Hm so she is flaunting her diamonds to homeless people? Just a thought. Seems like a strange thing but class warfare and that kind of materialism kind of (unfortunately) fits right in with the rest of the American imagery she throws in to the verses. I've always wondered what she was trying to "say" in that particular line. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

'Skid Row', as well as being a real place, is also a metaphor for experiencing hard times - see http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/skid+row for an example

I've always understood the line 'I wear my diamonds on Skid Row' to be the narrator making herself look flashy despite being in hard times - the rest of the lyrics are about an 'outsider' finding her way 'in' (much like National Anthem, and the way the narrator of that song goes from being uncool to being too cool). So in a way, it's a class war, but from the other end - a low status person taking on the trappings of success, and making herself fit in with those at a higher status.

This song also has two of my favourite Lana-isms. Of course, the classic first line, which is a brilliant boast in the tradition of years of hip hop singers, but it also has a self-mocking tone that is so often missing from that sort of line. She's selling herself (as a product, not necessarily in a prostitution sense), but winking at the challenge she's throwing out there. The target of her pick up line is first going to laugh and say 'that's bullshit', and then have to pause for a second and say 'but I better check, just to make sure'. Glorious.

The other classic line is recasting the Beatles' phrase about an LSD-inspired vision of a lady among the stars, as an old rich guy in a jet. Too fucking funny and clever.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

'Skid Row', as well as being a real place, is also a metaphor for experiencing hard times - see http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/skid+row for an example

I've always understood the line 'I wear my diamonds on Skid Row' to be the narrator making herself look flashy despite being in hard times - the rest of the lyrics are about an 'outsider' finding her way 'in' (much like National Anthem, and the way the narrator of that song goes from being uncool to being too cool). So in a way, it's a class war, but from the other end - a low status person taking on the trappings of success, and making herself fit in with those at a higher status.

This song also has two of my favourite Lana-isms. Of course, the classic first line, which is a brilliant boast in the tradition of years of hip hop singers, but it also has a self-mocking tone that is so often missing from that sort of line. She's selling herself (as a product, not necessarily in a prostitution sense), but winking at the challenge she's throwing out there. The target of her pick up line is first going to laugh and say 'that's bullshit', and then have to pause for a second and say 'but I better check, just to make sure'. Glorious.

The other classic line is recasting the Beatles' phrase about an LSD-inspired vision of a lady among the stars, as an old rich guy in a jet. Too fucking funny and clever.

Ooh thanks for this! The song is starting to make a lot more sense to me now. I never really liked Cola because I grew up extremely conservative and thought some of the things in the song were repulsive. I looked at it with a very narrow mind and never really invested myself into the song at all. I'm really starting to appreciate it now though and some of the other songs on Paradise a lot more now that I've put some more thought into them and stopped taking her so literally. She really is brilliant. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Is that "ah he's" or "Harvey's", in the official album it's written "Ah He's"

t.                                                                                                                                       money power glory