Elle

New Song "Coachella - Woodstock in My Mind" Out May 15

I'm drunk as sun bur sllerney a new Lana song is confjrmed called Coachella wooetxla on mum mind

3F67B0DE-43AE-4CF4-9A86-C99D0C4D42BD_zps

46D3789E-687E-41ED-8B0C-6151615D3EB1_zps

I truly hope to be this drunk at some point in my life, love you @@Elle 

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

From 3:15 to the end is a complete Eargasm for me. There is a lot of overreaction to this song. I guess people are on edge with no release date or pre-order.

But everyone threatening to go stan for Halsey will come running back the minute the pre order is available. So I'm just enjoying laughing at all of these queens.

Great song.

one thing-

The reference stairway to heaven is not being used as a negative (not a death song as Zep sang, by any means, a literal stairway to ask "god" why she makes wars and other horrible things like Trump. (with Donald Trump types in the world, makes a lot of people realize there is no god after all, doesn't it, same as those realized that back in Hitler's day.)

but in the way it is being sung, it is not Led zeppelin at all but more like the legendary singer- songwriter (and in the 1970s friend of Elton John who brought him back from obscurity and signed him to his own record company)  Neil Sedaka who had a song long before Zep was around called "Stairway to heaven" in 1960.

(Zeppelin not only stole the famous guitar beginning melody from Randy California of Spirit, (listen on youtube to the start of the song "Taurus" by Spirit),but why they stole (LOL) the title from Neil Sedaka.

Works perfectly with Love and Lust for Life

Very stream of conscious, and once again 100% Elizabeth Grant

Harry Chapin would be quite proud of this. So would Scott McKenzie (If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair)

also very true to the timeline

again, listen to it after Love, then listen to Love again.

the growth, maturity, from Born to die is simply amazing.

Once again Billboard's Trailblazer is taking things to yet another direction

(and some of the musical changes in the song go to parts of each of her prior albums.(assuming the version heard is the final version).

btw it reminds me-

Lana's way of singing live in the studio, one take, so to say, (which was something that really impressed Dan A.),I think very rarely, but a couple of times over the years, the lyrics get mistaken, both on the lyric sites, and what she sings is not what

the lyric is (I can think of 3 instances where I believe what she was saying was not what the lyric is, much like Sinatra in New York New York accidentally sang

A#1 twice but the take was recorded).  (Shades of Cool for one the word was probably rhythm, and in Honeymoon's Freak- the stranger line probably was stranger and more stranger instead of than a)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I don't get the hate for this song. She's trying something different and quite frankly it's really good. There are a couple dodgy parts in the song that could be fixed but I love how vocal about certain political things she's being. People saying she's lost her touch are just the ones who want her to keep signing about wishing she was dead still. Sorry but the whole depressed sex kitten act was dragging her down. She's happier in life right now and it shows and I'm loving it. Confident Lana is the best!

The lyrics aren't that bad so stop being pretentious. The melody is quite good. The production and those beats are awful and her singing has to stop to be so blase because it makes every song to sound the same.

The lyrics aren't that bad so stop being pretentious. The melody is quite good. The production and those beats are awful and her singing has to stop to be so blase because it makes every song to sound the same.

These are legit "did my 9th grade poetry assignment at lunch the day it was due" level lyrics. It's all bad. Everything about this track is bad. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

Underwhelmed at 2am when I first heard it (thanks insomnia). But listening to it sporadically through the day has made me really like it. It feels spontaneous, heartfelt, a little simple in the lyrics for sure but pretty charming & lo-fi. 

If I'd heard Sad Girl without the context of UV I'd probably be pretty worried too, and that turned out OK.

Weird that it just appeared with zero comment from Lana herself tho.

These are legit "did my 9th grade poetry assignment at lunch the day it was due" level lyrics. It's all bad. Everything about this track is bad. 

...... why are u here if u think ur such a good songwriter....stop being so pretentious

Lana: "critics can be so mean sometimes"

Yall: *criticize the song*

Meant to post this here: Despite whether it is or isn't on the album, I don't think the song will represent what the album will sound like. Since it is such a new song that was created very quickly while the rest of the album has been worked on for over a year, I doubt it'll match the direction of the rest of the album. So for those of you who don't like the song, I don't think you have much to worry about.

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Love everything about the sound of this track, this is the first single in this era that I didn't have to make myself like.

tumblr_inline_niykm3FFhC1rujz3w.gif what do you need to get high for? when your baby's so to die for?