Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Hi girls, I'm back :party:

I had a really shitty day and I can't wait to get home and cry while listening to the album :defeated:

Anyway, this is my list starting from my favourite song on the album to the least:

13 Beaches - I'm so happy it turned out to be a love song. It's my favourite. So dark and sexy and I'm addicted to the intro. The "I'd be lying if I kept hiding the fact that I can't deal" line really hits me. I can't stop replaying the shit out of it :defeated:

White Mustang - I had such high hopes for this song as I loved the two snippets we got. And it didn't disappoint me. I mean is a classic Lana song lyric wise and that's probably why I like it so much. I'm sad it's the shortest one on the record tho.

Cherry - it's such a funny song. I like how she spiced it up even more by adding "fuck" and "bitch" in the chorus

Heroin - thank God it's a love song and not a political one like many of you were speculating. The first part of the song I love so much. I don't know how to feel about the second part tho. Like the climate change reference seems a little out of place. But overall I love this song.

Tomorrow Never Came - it sounds straight out of the 60s. It has very strong The Beatles vibe and honestly I'm living for it. It's the best collab on the album to me. Lana and Sean's voices get along very nicely. Again, it's the perfect song to drive to late a night. :flutter:

In My Feelings - I didn't know what to expect but when we got the snippet I loved it and I loved the entire song even more.

Summer Bummer - love it. And the A$AP part I didn't like at first actually grew on me now. :sluttybunny:

Change - the old money of this era :wowcry:

Get Free - it's perfect as the last song of the record

When The World Was At War - It's underwhelming. I love the guitar in the intro and how the song sounds melodically. I also like the chorus a lot but I find it a little disappointing lyric-wise

Beautiful People Beautiful Problems - mixed feelings. I love the lyrics but I don't think Stevie really fits in the song.. I don't know I just don't like her voice.

God Bless America - I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would

The only songs I don't like are:

Groupie Love - (seriously it's just annoying and A$APs verses don't fit in the song AT ALL).

Love - it's cute but that's it. Doesn't deserve to be the album opener.

Lust For Life (definitely her worst collab) and Coachella just didn't grow on me.

Overall I like this album a lot but for me it's still:

UV > HM > LFL = BTD

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Lust for Life is Lana's album with the highest user score on metacritic. Users gave the album an 9.1, Honeymoon has a user score of 8.6, Ultraviolence has a user score of 8.7 and Born to Die has a user score of 8.5.

it was just released. give it some time, i'm sure it'll lower.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

half of them were hopeless fountain kingdom rejects the ones I liked were Wtwwaw,change,God bless,Coachella,love,get free,sb and cherry

First of all, learn how to type properly, second of all, hopeless fountain kingdom rejects? Please, do you have any taste at all? Like, I wouldn't say this is her best album but calling almost all of the songs hopeless fountain kingdom rejects is stupid. Even the songs I didn't like on Lust for Life are way better than Hopeless Fountain Kingdom anyway.

Had time just to quickly sample on Spotify, seems boring to me. No catchy choruses. Love and 13 Beaches will probably be the most memorable

theyre all very good, sampling them is horrible. You shouldve waited until you had the time to do a full playthrough

First of all, learn how to type properly, second of all, hopeless fountain kingdom rejects? Please, do you have any taste at all? Like, I wouldn't say this is her best album but calling almost all of the songs hopeless fountain kingdom rejects is stupid. Even the songs I didn't like on Lust for Life are way better than Hopeless Fountain Kingdom anyway.

mate first of all this is the internet not an English exam and secondly it's my personal opinion you can disagree and that's fine I'm glad you enjoyed it I personally didn't however and that's fine too

So, just finished listening to it for the first time. 13 Beaches immediately stood out. It's seriously incredible. Best song on the record for me. White Mustang and Heroin also stood out to me. Summer Bummer and Groupie Love (the chorus is hypnotizing) sounded better with the rest of the album. I can honestly say this album doesn't sound like any other album or music I've ever heard. It's very different, even for Lana. I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it as a whole, and I think it'll take some more listens to fully grasp it. Right now, I can't see this album being something I regularly listen to, as it's not my usual music style/taste, but more something I listen to if I'm in the right mood for it and bc it's Lana, but maybe that'll change as I get to know it more. I like that she changed things up and that it isn't so dark and heavy as her past albums. I wouldn't say it's light, but it's just not super depressing. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore