Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

259 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Every song on this album is an experience

(ps @Elle could you give me my PMs back now? :creep: you said in february i'd have them back after release, and here we are in the post-release thread) 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Don't get it unless you like your booklets like this. I'm upset and feel tempted to buy another copy at a different store. I hate fold-up booklets. I also can't hang the poster up without ruining the booklet now too. IMG_2734.jpgIMG_2735.jpg

wait does that mean if you hang up your poster there is no longer cover art in the cd?? Bc that is so sad

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

After listening to the album a few times... here's some quick thoughts

Pink: I loved the songs. Blue: I liked the songs. Green: Meh. Red: I disliked the songs.

1. Get Free (very iconic and her best album closer EVER)

2. Heroin (some of her best work. it has such a fitting sound for the subject matter.)

3. Tomorrow Never Came (so perfectly 70s)

4. Cherry (just so catchy)

5. Groupie Love (it makes me feel high)

6. Love (great album opener. i love the overall sound.)

7. White Mustang (there's something melancholy and cool about it. love the whistling.)

8. 13 Beaches (i didn't like it at first but it grew on me.)

9. WTWWAWWKD (those high notes though.)

10. Change (i'm so glad that she added this, it really helps the record come full circle conceptually.)

11. BPBP (i don't think lana and stevie sound great together, but my opinion may change.)

12. Lust For Life (the weeknd's voice is meh for me.)

13. Summer Bummer (i didn't like this as a single but it adds a cool feel to the album.)

14. God Bless America (i just thought this song would be stronger. not a fan of the beat.)

15. In My Feelings (i love the lyrics but i don't enjoy how it sounds in general. kind of annoying. don't kill me)

16. Coachella (her weakest song tbh)

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

wait does that mean if you hang up your poster there is no longer cover art in the cd?? Bc that is so sad

And that the poster is all creased if you hang it up. Idk I was kinda imagining a rolled up poster which I know would cause packaging issues etc but come on who wants a poster with 10,000 creases in it

LIZARD PEOPLE

Yes that's exactly what it means. Poster on one side, album artwork on the other.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Wow the trolls on metacritic:

"The album is garbage, and Lana releases boring music. Slow melody, howling on the background. But the great Gaga has everything: a beautiful figure, a chic voice, magnificent performances. I advise you to listen to it, than to waste time on Del Rey."

Why were the NK shoots snubbed?

Yes! I loved the outtakes, definitely the one of her sitting on the ground in a bedroom and the ones with her standing outside with that beautiful dress, I can't believe why you wouldn't do anything good with those gorgeous pictures.

I know the score will change because more reviews will come - but Lana's Lust for Life has now the highest metascore of all her albums. Hopefully she will get atleast ninety, or more, so she has a bigger score than Melodrama, tbh (I don't hate Melodrama though, I just wish she's going to get great reviews, too)