Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I could name names...  :hooker:

**Making a capital "G" with both hands**  :lmao:

http://instagram.com/p/BWy_dGvF-UW/

don't forget that fact G-Greasy was seen with Ratsey recently :oopna: looks like he really did downgrade; cause no way in hell is Halsey a tougher or freer bitch than our girl Lans

https://twitter.com/SarahMOnline/status/888554503779135489

OUT OF THE BLACK!!!

UltraviolenceLDR.png

INTO THE BLUE!!!

Lana_Del_Rey_-_Honeymoon_%28Official_Alb

Isn't Get Free mostly about her knowing that opening herself up will unclog the emotions and grime in her psyche; giving life and relatability to those with the same mindset- and in doing so she knows what she wants and where she's going from doing just that. Which is to go from a horrid, borderline suicidal (not thaat much but blue is sad- black is borderline death imho) to somewhere at least better. Not neccessarily happy but still in a place of Art and thought and grounding. 

Basing off that wouldn't that remove any previous work as it's "I made my first 4 albums for me, but this one is for my fans and about where I hope we are all headed."

Or maybe I'm entirely wrong and Get Free was one of the songs meant for HM and that would fit the timeline (even if Honeymoon wasn't much as happiness, but rather maturity and serenity)

ugh i could make an entire report on just Get Free, you kno what i might just fuckin do that

I have to avoid reading people's really negative opinions about this album because for some reason they stick out to me more than the positive ones and I don't want that to ruin my experience! No shade no tea to anyone that doesn't like it

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Isn't Get Free mostly about her knowing that opening herself up will unclog the emotions and grime in her psyche; giving life and relatability to those with the same mindset- and in doing so she knows what she wants and where she's going from doing just that. Which is to go from a horrid, borderline suicidal (not thaat much but blue is sad- black is borderline death imho) to somewhere at least better. Not neccessarily happy but still in a place of Art and thought and grounding. 

Basing off that wouldn't that remove any previous work as it's "I made my first 4 albums for me, but this one is for my fans and about where I hope we are all headed."

Or maybe I'm entirely wrong and Get Free was one of the songs meant for HM and that would fit the timeline (even if Honeymoon wasn't much as happiness, but rather maturity and serenity)

ugh i could make an entire report on just Get Free, you kno what i might just fuckin do that

i think so. 

it's like.. she finally got out of the darkest moment.. and now she's into a relatively better place.. an ocean of blue...

she doesnt know where to head to yet... but she will just keep going... coz a lust for life keeps her alive...

giphy.gif

don't forget that fact G-Greasy was seen with Ratsey recently :oopna: looks like he really did downgrade; cause no way in hell is Halsey a tougher or freer bitch than our girl Lans

https://twitter.com/SarahMOnline/status/888554503779135489

Awww!  :aw:  They're so perfect for each other! A rat for another rat <3

???, ?????????

does somebody have that automated song generator ranking list? I'm about to drop a damn thesis soon and i need a reference

I really like this. I found that with "into the blue," she meant she was heading into the sea, a free place, like @SuperMegaStan said.

Lana has even hinted at this - back in November, she posted that Instagram video of her driving, captioning it "The sea is the last free place on Earth."

She was foreshadowing, in my opinion.

If you had to change the lead single to a different track, which would you choose?

If she had replaced Love for LfL and then put Cherry as the second I think there would've been a much bigger meltdown 

If you had to change the lead single to a different track, which would you choose?

I think Love was perfect.

The real question is... if you had to change the third single (this time Coachella) and replace it with a different track, which one would you choose? Then I'd proceed to choose literally any other track, and I would go with Cherry.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Holy shit you guys Heroin is the second part to White Mustang.

Start the two songs at the same time they have the same melody in different keys, but Heroin is in a higher key because the song is talking about getting high, “flying to the moon” and taking meds to kill her thoughts.

Jesus this woman is too good to be real

does this mean everything between WM and Heroin is her high, like her fantasized ideaology of what she wants out of life and what she’s working towards, and then change being the part where she comes down from the high realizing change is coming which leads to get free....

SHE DID THAT

you're right!!!! that explains why when I first heard heroin I thought it was white mustang at first again

smile.gif

Can someone please make an edit of Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems without Stevie Nicks goat vocals!

@literally anyone else online right now

tenor.gif