Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm depressed now... :(

How did you do that?

I used a website called forward2me to deliver it to my country. The fees are expensive tho, they will charge me 12 pounds to deliver it to Switzerland. They seem to be reliable but idk

image.png

IM USING THAT WEBSITE FORWARD2ME AND JUST BOUGHT 5 COPIES I AM SHAKING

EDIT: I'm going to be giving a copy away on my instagram, follow it @summertimesirens

Edited by Jack

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

I was literally obsessed by West Coast. I used to play it every day for a few months and still got the rush every time I heard it. The same with SOC chorus. Nothing on LFL makes me feel that way but I still can appreaciate LFL as her  probably most complex record with the much needed change of her perspective. Though I dont think the whole record will be as timeless and replay-worthy as her last ones for me but I sense its the beginning of something great in the future. 

In the end it really comes down to personal opinion and which majority shares a similar one to deem a song legendary or iconic. I like WC n it's a great bop, but I'd never rank it up with her most iconic and original songs like SOC, Ride, TBD, GKIT, VG, OttR, and Black Beauty,  (which btw u didnt answer the question, which bb was it-bb)

I can see how the excitement or rush isn't there for LfL; I adore the secnd half but if I'm looking for a heavy and atmospheric bop in the first half then all I can really go to is Cherry (which is why it stands out). Get Free and Heroin is some of her best work imo and they both deserve to stand with her greatest. I'm even more excited for LDR6 and can't wait to see what sound she goes with

(although I'd rather her not use 808s and emotionless trap beats again, if she wanna use that go back to BtD boom bat beats lans) 

and i swear on god if some mute user with a nerve calls me out for having a damn opinion like yesterday I'm gonna be pressed.

I used a website called forward2me to deliver it to my country. The fees are expensive tho, they will charge me 12 pounds to deliver it to Switzerland. They seem to be reliable but idk

Thanks – i placed my order with Borderlinx which are expensive too but as long as I get the signed the CD I'm fine with that. :)

IM USING THAT WEBSITE FORWARD2ME AND JUST BOUGHT 5 COPIES I AM SHAKING

you bought five copies? the fuck do you need five copies of a signed CD for? resale value? :wtf:

I feel bad for the imminent 4 others who can't get some of them now 

Sorry, I'm too lazy. But let's talk about how WTWWAWWKD beats every other song in acronym ugliness  :oic:

at least i know what song it is by the ugly ass long title

GBAAATBWII- oh thats the gun song from lfl ok

13B- easy as hell

can't abbreviate Heroin or Change or Cherry or Love :hooker:

GF/Get Free is too short a title to try and abbreviate

BPBP easy

TNC easy

LFL easy

it takes me a few minutes to decipher BB,BB,CW,FK,ITH,OM,FMWUTTT,SG, etc. 

at least i know what song it is by the ugly ass long title

GBAAATBWII- oh thats the gun song from lfl ok

13B- easy as hell

can't abbreviate Heroin or Change or Cherry or Love :hooker:

GF/Get Free is too short a title to try and abbreviate

BPBP easy

TNC easy

LFL easy

it takes me a few minutes to decipher BB,BB,CW,FK,ITH,OM,FMWUTTT,SG, etc. 

Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to decipher GKIT and I hate that. Oh but it's worse when we talk about unreleased because I have never seen the acronyms of a lot of them.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

no one thinks that the paradise version is better lol

I think they're both great and offer different things to the table, the AKA verison has a better instrumental whereas the Paradise version has a better atmosphere and godly vocals. Overall i think they're both equally fantastic

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Listening to Heroin on repeat - that production is EVERYTHING

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

Sometimes it takes me a few minutes to decipher GKIT and I hate that. Oh but it's worse when we talk about unreleased because I have never seen the acronyms of a lot of them.

people who genuinely try and abbreviate unreleased n expect me to know what they are can choke

because it's hard enough trying to find some of the songs let alone type in lana del rey vc or hh like the fuck 

you bought five copies? the fuck do you need five copies of a signed CD for? resale value? :wtf:

I feel bad for the imminent 4 others who can't get some of them now 

1 for me

1 for my cousin who loves lana

1 to giveaway on insta

1 for collection purposes

1 to sell yes bc i have to justify spending that much money

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg