Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Has anyone figured out what the lyrics are in Get Free during the first prechorus? Just before "all my birds of paradise".

for ... and for ...

someone had this theory that it could be "for one and for all" but she deleted one and all out for some reason

if I get to meet Lana this year I really wanna ask her what it means

image.png

I'm upset, my signed album came and the Case is cracked!!

I don't want to send it back though because its signed so like can I request them to send me a new case and I just keep the booklet and CD.

qsVmBMd.png

I don't want to send it back though because its signed so like can I request them to send me a new case and I just keep the booklet and CD.

Do you have cheap CD stores where you live? Sometimes when that happens to me I'll go buy a CD for like two bucks and replace the cases :rip:

Do you have cheap CD stores where you live? Sometimes when that happens to me I'll go buy a CD for like two bucks and replace the cases :rip:

Won't bits of the design be missing though because that's what I was thinking of doing.

qsVmBMd.png

there's stores where you can buy cases and it's easy to do it

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

When my cassette came in cracked I contacted the store and because they were out of stock (probably like the CD's will be) they just refunded it.

Send photos, get a refund, go out and buy LFL again and just swap the booklets out ;)

for ... and for ...

someone had this theory that it could be "for one and for all" but she deleted one and all out for some reason

if I get to meet Lana this year I really wanna ask her what it means

She mentioned that in the first version of GF, the lyrics detailed her entire story and that she didn't want to do that for the album, so she scrapped it "just to get it out of [her] system," She then started again and wanted it to be more optimistic. I took that part of the song as an homage to the people she's lost along the way to either drugs, suicide, or some other literal/figurative death. I think this part of the original GF probably carried over, but she she didn't want to name those people by name. Throughout her discography, she talks about loved one(s) who have died, so I'm pretty sure this is what she was doing here. The "shit..., shit..." that she fills the gaps with might've been last minute edits where she took their names out. Again, she felt that she didn't have to or want to give so much of her story away as she has in the past.

I think we should all prepare for #3 debut. Tyler the creator has consistently been performing better with streams and apparently has caught up in sales, Meek will be #1 because he cheated his way to the top.

Lana doesn't care so we shouldn't either. I just want her to reach 100k

can someone explain what this tidal mess means and how its affecting lana 

basically meek has people streaming his album for free on tidal and billboard will count the free streams even tho they generate no revenue

can someone explain what this tidal mess means and how its affecting lana 

Meek's album is on Tidal for people to stream for free, even without the monthly subscription or account.

it's like putting his music on soundcloud where no revenue will be generated.

giphy.gif

basically meek has people streaming his album for free on tidal and billboard will count the free streams even tho they generate no revenue

Meek's album is on Tidal for people to stream for free, even without the monthly subscription or account.

oh wow ok thanks

tumblr_nemeig8REb1qeyt9yo1_500.gif