Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

2nd week sales predictions:

While Billboard still hasn't posted this week's charts (while ours was finalized on Friday), we've got a preview of the next Top 20. Arcade Fire will be #1 on both our SPS and Sales charts, and the only debut to make the top 20 this week. 

1. *Arcade Fire (Columbia) 90-95k SPS, 85-90k Sales
  2. Kendrick Lamar (TDE/Interscope) 42-47k, 10-12k
  3. Jay-Z (Roc Nation) 36-40k, 16-18k
  4. Meek Mill (Atlantic) 33-36k, 8-10k
  5. DJ Khaled (We the Best/Epic) 31-34k, 2-4k
  6. 21 Savage (Slaughter Gang/Epic) 28-31k, 2-4k
  7. Ed Sheeran (Atlantic) 27-30k, 8-10k
  8. Descendants 2 (Walt Disney) 27-30k, 19-21k
  9. French Montana (Bad Boy/Epic) 26-29k, 1-2k
  10. Imagine Dragons (Kidinakorner/Interscope) 26-29k, 9-11k
  11. Lana Del Rey (Interscope) 25-28k, 9-11k
  12. Tyler, The Creator (Odd Future/Columbia) 24-27k, 4-6k

I love White Mustang, though I'm not sure I can say the same about the whistles, at least I don't find them annoying.

I don't like the song so much except for the whistles at the end.  :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I know white mustang isn't everybody's favourite and some people aren't very excited for the music video.

But Lana seems in a much better place personally now then she was when UV and Honeymoon dropped.

So it might be possible that this isn't the last music video. If we have a very positive reaction to the video (like we did with the Love one) and keep streaming and talking about the album she might feel inspired to do another music vid.

After all, both Love and White Mustang where shot over a year ago. The only recent one was the lust for life one. So she might feel like doing another one if the positive reactions keep coming.

I know white mustang isn't everybody's favourite and some people aren't very excited for the music video.

But Lana seems in a much better place personally now then she was when UV and Honeymoon dropped.

So it might be possible that this isn't the last music video. If we have a very positive reaction to the video (like we did with the Love one) and keep streaming and talking about the album she might feel inspired to do another music vid.

After all, both Love and White Mustang where shot over a year ago. The only recent one was the lust for life one. So she might feel like doing another one if the positive reactions keep coming.

spite of that, haven't all of her videos been pre recorded respectively? the Love, LFL WM video were all made eons before the album release. highly doubt she'd make more due to feedback

spite of that, haven't all of her videos been pre recorded respectively? the Love, LFL WM video were all made eons before the album release. highly doubt she'd make more due to feedback

the lust for life one was made earlier this year I believe. It's still a possibility. Like I said, she seems in a better place now. Not abandoning the new album immediately after release. She's enjoying herself. Which might mean more content

the lust for life one was made earlier this year I believe. It's still a possibility. Like I said, she seems in a better place now. Not abandoning the new album immediately after release. She's enjoying herself. Which might mean more content

um?? she released a scrapped Ultraviolence video that was posted as freak though? don't think she was too happy then

Which is we need a video for it. Her videos always elevate the songs. This is the one song that doesn't captivate on its own. An added visual may help.

That's funny, I find White Mustang to be one of the most captivating songs on the album.

Her voice is so sultry. The melody is so smooth. The lyrics are just so Lana Del Rey. It reminds me of Born to Die. I love it. 

14417469274.gif

White Mustang isn't that complex of a song fine, but it's just got the right amount of intrigue around it. It says, I'm here without having to ask and leaves a lasting impression. I love it so much more for that. And the whistles keep it laidback and sexy. 

People who dislike it need to have a chill moment to it, it'd make it all the more better

UV/Honeymoon

That's exactly what I am saying. She's is happier NOW????? :um3:

I agree on that. But you're saying that since she's happier there might be a chance shell release other things. Im trying to tell you there's no correlation since she's done that before in the UV & HM era

Coachella is easily the worst, but When the World Was at War takes second place for "meh" and "cringe" in my opinion.

At least Lana didn't go to Lollapalooza when political shit was happening or the song would have an even worse title. I imagine "Lollapalooza - Woodstock In My Mind" and I cringe ugh

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif