Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

If you rate BPBP low I'll just assume you haven't become hip to the impact of the deity walking on Earth that is Stevie Nicks and therefore can't appreciate her presence

BPBP is really a weak song. Stevie Nicks makes it good imo, she really did that

After two weeks for me the worst is still God Bless America, the chorus makes me cringe and I just can't take her seriously with those gunshots

It's kitschy in a way only an American could appreciate. Cringy, yet jolly, and unapologetically patriotic. I'm glad it didn't come out before the election or Hillary Clinton would have used it in her campaign although maybe then she would have won sided by the powers of Lana

BPBP is really a weak song. Stevie Nicks makes it good imo, she really did that

I quite love it, but maybe that's because I'm a longtime Stevie stan and just appreciate the two musicians that mean the most to me made a song together, its something some people only dream of. I agree it's maybe not the strongest of tracks but I think it's really beautiful nonetheless!

Yeah. Two great artists with a weak song. Still like it though! It's just kind of a weak song compared to other tracks

I like the song but it's not one of my favourites on the album too. It just doesn't really sound like a Lana song, more like a "normal", almost radio friendly guitar song. Which is okay but a bit subpar for Lana standards. (imho) Same with TNC...

The second part of Heroin really grew on me, I can now love that track.

Still, the "OAHAHAHAH"'s are produced so terribly, it's not even cute Low-Fi charme anymore, it's just annoying. The way the layered vocals cut of differently ... ugh, why?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Actually, do you know what God Bless America would go amazing in?

A trailer for Westworld Season 2 

With Dolores riding her horse and shooting down humans and legions of robots on horses slashing people down, with one waving an American flag on the back of a horse 

giphy.gif

As well as various scenes cutting to Maeve and Clementine 

giphy%2B%252887%2529.gif

tumblr_oepivrdnmu1qdm7rno2_500.gif

i hate the fact that white mustang is getting a video. Theres so many other songs that are way better

Which is we need a video for it. Her videos always elevate the songs. This is the one song that doesn't captivate on its own. An added visual may help.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.