Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Well yeah but there are better ways of telling people not to do that than: "Can you even read, stupid?" There's really no need for being so hostile. I like everyone here but we do that constantly tbh.

On the one hand you are right about unnecessary hostility. But the problem with off-topic-ness has been brought up a thousands time already and still it's always the same people who don't seem to understand that a FORUM has DIFFERENT THREADS for DIFFERENT TOPICS and post about non-related stuff over and over again. I don't mean to justify the rudeness, but it's not like it came out of the blue

the album is generally underrated, it's not her greatest work but it's far from bad (honeymoon)

now you disappoint me hun :(

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On the one hand you are right about unnecessary hostility. But the problem with off-topic-ness has been brought up a thousands time already and still it's always the same people who don't seem to understand that a FORUM has DIFFERENT THREADS for DIFFERENT TOPICS and post about non-related stuff over and over again. I don't mean to justify the rudeness, but it's not like it came out of the blue

read em king

I wish she ask us about the setlist.. 

:bored: :bored: :bored:

But the gays pray for btd songs so.. 

But she did talk about the setlist on one of her InstaLive's and answered "change the setlist? Yeah, I guess we could do that." or something something, she didn't sound completely off of that idea. Maybe she's changing it a bit for the upcoming world tour?

Hopefully the concerts on the tour will be longer. :crossed:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

honeymoon isn't bad and it has its moments but i feel like she chose a fresher and more diverse direction with the whole album lfl having a bigger variety of sounds than hm. there's a lot of hm mocking but i feel as if all of her albums are really stellar works and anyone who has a clear favourite is just basing it off personal preferences.

i like when she's playing around with her vocals and switching it up ever now and then just as some other members prefer monotonous death growling for 46 minutes straight.

i76mrxw.png 

not y'all making fun of people because english isn't their first language...

at least they're trying, give them credit. if it bothers you that much, tell them how to correct it instead of making a rude post for 'likes'

not y'all making fun of people because english isn't their first language...

at least they're trying, give them credit. if it bothers you that much, tell them how to correct it instead of making a rude post for 'likes'

although the off topic discussion shouldn't be happening no more, mods should start giving out warning points for posting off topic repeatedly 

i76mrxw.png 

honeymoon isn't bad and it has its moments but i feel like she chose a fresher and more diverse direction with the whole album lfl having a bigger variety of sounds than hm. there's a lot of hm mocking but i feel as if all of her albums are really stellar works and anyone who has a clear favourite is just basing it off personal preferences.

i like when she's playing around with her vocals and switching it up ever now and then just as some other members prefer monotonous death growling for 46 minutes straight.

Honeymoon was monotonous, that's true. But it's overall quality as an album is much higher than LfL's IMO. It was very mature and the sound of all the songs was on point.

LFL has a lot of fresh and interesting vibes but as an album it's pretty messy and feels more like a collection of songs than an album. The tracks are fresh yet parts of the album sound much less artistic than Honeymoon was. Lyrics and production are lacking on some of the tracks aswell. So overall I think LFL is pretty weak as an album .

I'M SCREAMING! But you're right.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Honeymoon was monotonous, that's true. But it's overall quality as an album is much higher than LfL's IMO. It was very mature and the sound of all the songs was on point.

LFL has a lot of fresh and interesting vibes but as an album it's pretty messy and feels more like a collection of songs than an album. The tracks are fresh yet parts of the album sound much less artistic than Honeymoon was. Lyrics and production are lacking on some of the tracks aswell. So overall I think LFL is pretty weak as an album .

i do get your point but i don't think she was trying to make a super cohesive album as she did with her previous major label records but went for an aka type of collection of songs. And yeah i just feel like hm was a bit more on the monotonous side whereas btd, paradise and uv were cohesive records, which still doesn't make it bad as an album.

i76mrxw.png 

i do get your point but i don't think she was trying to make a super cohesive album as she did with her previous major label records but went for an aka type of collection of songs. And yeah i just feel like hm was a bit more on the monotonous side whereas btd, paradise and uv were cohesive records, which still doesn't make it bad as an album.

But I feel like AKA is pretty cohesive though :toofunny: not UV-level but like BtD-esque.

I understand what you're trying to say but that's kind of the point - LfL is a nice collection but not an interesting album

Ngl, I'm real happy that the album turned out the way it did. It wasn't overly sweet and jovial and all that shit, there's tension to it, about wanting to live, and tbh who doesn't, can't relate to that? If someone wanted an album glossed over, I'm pretty sure other vices could cover those bases.

UV/Honeymoon

Queen is live on insta playing Cherry. Looking kinda the same as in the O2 Academy show. I can't hear the "bitch" or the "fuck" in the background track though.  :poordat:  If only the studio version had the guitar at the end (by now I may seem obsessed with electric guitars but they'd be a really nice touch in some songs).

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I wish she ask us about the setlist.. 

But the gays pray for btd songs so.. 

Like a twitter poll or something like that? That would be nice, that way we can force her to play Heroin, Salvatore, The Blackest Day and Pretty When You Cry  :smirk:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

I wish she'd play some tracks from Honeymoon but the fucking BTD widows won't let her. OTTR is fucking dead, just bury it already.

Is it too much to ask for a Art Deco live? :pft:

Fayyt7N.png

She actually did songs from every album tonight though so there's that and she only did 4 songs from BTD if you don't count Paradise as part of BTD. 

I feel like VG and BTD are the only songs needed from that album. 

I also feel like this tour she is doing is like a bridge between the last one and the one she has just announced and she is just doing the old set-list and what ever she has managed to rehearse in time for the shows. She sang Change properly tonight and it was a moment!

Hopefully when she starts the proper world tour the set list will be revamped.

Her staging could be better imo tbh, like it was good with the screens but their was nothing on the stage really. When she did the Paradise tour she has those massive statues and palm trees and it just looked a whole lot better. Only other thing I'd say is after seeing her tonight i'd say her shows suit smaller venues a whole lot more.

qsVmBMd.png

also on a side note my headphones are slightly broken and if i push the cord a certain way it cuts out a lot of the echoing and hulking vibrations in the songs and it actually sounds really good