Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I'm confused. When do we actually find out she's won?

We'll find out who won when the Grammys take place which is on January 28, 2018

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

I'm so happy she got nom!! She was so proud of this record and it deserves recognition!!  ( That said....the Grammy's have a history of awarding performers that are embarrassing as fuck. Meghan Trainor, Justin Bieber, Milli Vanilli, Baha Men".....lmao. )

My last favorite Grammys moment was when Amy got 5(?) awards in one night? and Tony Bennett presented her award. Before that....it has been about a decade since an artist I love got recognition

Ed SheeRAT will probs win but OMGGGG ITS WHAT SHE DESERVES A GRAMMY NOMINATION SINCE PARADISE OMOSNSONKJAN

Y'all u know what, what if Lana wins bc the Grammy's arw usually about music that's both critically acclaimed and popular and since Lana managed to snag the nom, maybe she can get the Grammy too! I think Ed's album might not be a strong contender for winning bc the metascore is lower than the rest except for imagine dragons album, so I predict one of the women will win the award but I'm not too educated on how the Grammys pick their choices so I'm probably wrong...

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Even if she doesn't win then it doesn't matter because it's a huge achievement to even get nominated

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

The Grammy's this year is fucky, some albums and artists got redemtion while soo many others were snubbed or forgotten, it's a weird batch tbh

• Starboy is in the running for Best Urban/Contemporary Album iirc, so she could maybe be a part of that(?)
  • Dua Lipa & Camilla Cabello were snubbed for Best New Artist, while a girl like Alessia Cara who's been making notable rounds the last two damn years is in it..lmfao
  • Issues by Julia Micheals is up for SOTY which baffles me..like i've never heard of this girl or her song, i looked it up today and it has had 0 lasting impact anywhere in detroit, phoenix, or san diego when i visited them for several weeks (n where i live)
  • Gaga getting submitted and nominated for best Pop Vocal Album for Joanne...is..why..? There's like 3-4 songs at most that even sound like pop, i guess the same can be said for Lana but at least on the 8 tracks that are more modern and pop she actually served some risky but payed off vocals unlike miss mellow (fucking love Joanne but..really..:rip: )
  • There's a LOT of nominations from 4:44 which is weird because for such an unyped album to get that money is mindblowing, it's a good album but literally nobodies been able to hear it due to Tidal restrictions n bullshit, i've even heard his tour isn't selling out ? Weird.
  • Awaken, My Love up for AOTY is alright, i love the record but it didn't really make a splash in terms of defining the last year of releases; It's only standout track was Redbone (rightfully so and rightly nominated for ROTY), and that was it. DAMN. and Melodrama quite literally defined the entire first half of the year in terms of albums and 24K Magic stayed having successful singles.
  • Lana's only real competition is Divide, but knowing how big of a hard on critics have for more stripped back singer/songwriter angles in music Gaga also has a decent chance.
  • FUNFACT: This the first year there are no white men in the running for AOTY!! Come on diversity!!
  • SZA better fucking D E C I M A T E best new artist. no ifs ands or buts

The "vocal" part of the nomination title isn't to reflect albums with the best vocals. It's to differentiate it from instrumental records, I believe.

So Lana's vocals being less "mellow" than Lady Gaga's on her album wouldn't factor into it.

Edit: Indeed, until 2014, there was a category titled "Best Pop Instrumental Album". (It was then renamed "Best Contemporary Instrumental Album")

Lana was nominated best vocal for Cherry, 13 Beaches, etc obv

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

People who are thinking that a Homemade MV for Cherry will be trash fight with me

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I've googled the best pop vocal album award and it's just to award "quality pop music" albums. "The main criteria relating to the award is that the album should contain 51% or more playing time of vocal tracks. Since 2001 the award recipients include the performing artists, the engineers/mixers and the producers."

"honor artistic achievement, technical proficiency and overall excellence in the recording industry, without regard to album sales or chart position

:eartha:  :eartha:  :eartha:  :eartha:  :eartha: 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Not just Lana, but I'm honestly so happy with the Grammy nominations this year. Lots of super solid artists who I wouldn't have first expected to get nominations got nominated, I'm excited. Btw I hope Kendrick sweeps the floor with his awards bc that man is a genius. Super proud of SZA too, girl blew up over night

Imagine if we have so much doubt in her that she actually wins...  :teehee:

imagine if we have so much overconfidence in her that she gets actually swooped by a nobody