Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I've already had 7 scammer phone calls but honestly I'm not gonna be that upset in the long run if she actually calls me at some point

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

OMG Combined with the New Mexico question, could you possibly ask about the original title of 'Get Free'? 

original title?

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

original title?

get free use to be almost an entirely different song; switched the lyrics and the name but still had the same intentions of kinda looking back over her time in the last 6 years; the original was very raw and transparent and specific- she wasn't comfortable with it. it's also a suspected reason for the pauses in the song (for... and ....) which they may have named people that were extremely influential 

(my nancy drew ass thinks it was Bill/K/Jim etc.)

"First of all.... bitch"

omg icon change i just noticed :toofunny:

original title?

like @@salvatore said :P It would be SO nice to know what the original title was!

it's also a suspected reason for the pauses in the song (for... and ....) which they may have named people that were extremely influential 

(my nancy drew ass thinks it was Bill/K/Jim etc.)

Omg Lana confirmed in her live today that there were names there but she took them out  :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

like @@salvatore said :P It would be SO nice to know what the original title was!

I don't think it's too private a question, lyrics are one thing but if the song title itself was as open like even giving the full name of K or revealing something then in hindsight i dont see how it was too much for her from the beginning

I had a stupid thought earlier thinking of song titles and i thought of a few that would've made me cry based off the reflection of her fame + life idea:

-the full name of a lover tht we don't know

-her actual name

- or even like titling it "Lana Del Rey" or even "Del Rey"

although if it was "Del Ray" i'd probably die of dehydration from my tear ducts sucking every bit of water from my self

I don't think it's too private a question, lyrics are one thing but if the song title itself was as open like even giving the full name of K or revealing something then in hindsight i dont see how it was too much for her from the beginning

I had a stupid thought earlier thinking of song titles and i thought of a few that would've made me cry based off the reflection of her fame + life idea:

-the full name of a lover tht we don't know

-her actual name

- or even like titling it "Lana Del Rey" or even "Del Rey"

although if it was "Del Ray" i'd probably die of dehydration from my tear ducts sucking every bit of water from my self

:defeated: :defeated: What if the name was "A.K.A." and she did say that the song ended differently and instead of "out of the black" she said "also known as".. it even goes together :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif