Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpA5Mv8l_kQ

i think these are the ones but i'm legit not sure at all

@

im p sure it was a text based interview; the one after rick nowels on genius but before bbc1 radio?

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40714557

Other songs on the album had a more troubled gestation. Del Rey says the closing track, Get Free, originally had a different title, and much more personal lyrics.

"That song started out really revealing," she says. "I wanted to summarise my whole experience over the last six years; and then I realised, I don't want to reveal everything."

Once the initial version was "out of my system", she says, the recording was "deleted completely then started from scratch".

The lyrics became more vague and more hopeful; and the re-recorded version ends with Del Rey 

: "I want to move out of the black, into the blue".

"I think it would have been hard for me to do interviews if I'd said a couple of particular things that I was thinking of," she says of the original.

"Kind of the way 

did. It was harder to promote that record."

hem hem lana just called me on my personal cellular device and told me that stargirl is the best lanaboards user to ever live mmmmhmm

omg did she mentiom me

Me when I answer the phone tomorrow to Lana saying "Hi" only to hear @@Wynwood giggling

ezgif-1-a02ee8ff29.gif

Aren't you the one who started getting that gif trending on here?

Legend

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Lana's "K" response to that greedy extra gay who bought fucking 44 copies of the same album is literally me. "K... cool. You're dumb"

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

literally the most pointless interview but her singing video games with those stupid ass lyrics made it all worth it tiffcackle.gif she still sounded so good tho

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Off topic but why Lana's eyelashes go down? Like they are to heavy and hide her eyes

I think she has eyelash extensions right now, they sometimes look really heavy bc they're so thick

I had a group job interview earlier and we had to write down a name of someone who we'd have dinner with and why. So naturally, i of course chose Lana Del Rey. And NOBODY in the room of 7 people had a clue who she was. :facepalm:

200.gif

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

There's no more chasing rainbows
And hoping for an end to them
Their arches are illusions
Solid at first glance
But then you try to touch them (touch, touch)
There's nothing to hold on to (hold, hold)
The colors used to lure you in (shut up, shut up)
And put you in a trance (ah, ah, ah, yeah)
:xcry:
(the pre-chorus is f**king depressing)

idk why i feel like this is a record deal metaphor

there's no more chasing the first chance that may let you get somewhere; it won't

they'll promise to pay you some money and wring you out, there's no end to this rainbow- no pot of gold (fame)

you were attracted to it immediately due to the colors (of fame, the life style, change) and all it did was make you weaker and easier to manipulate. 

But since she's found Lana Del Rey; she doesn't have to submit to that fate anymore; it's almost like a direct callback to Radio (I finally found you- being the LDR persona that shot her to fame, its bittersweet not finding success until putting your given identity away, but the fame and change from a horrid lifestyle is still a dream- regardless of the critics)

here's some proof to back up my theory 

"Before finding success as Lana Del Rey, the singer tried her hand under the moniker Lizzy Grant. Indeed, she got stuck in a bad recording contract, and had all but given up on a career in music. "It's a song about letting go of my musical ambitions and settling down into a simple life with a person I loved"

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/feature/a815836/the-surprising-stories-behind-six-of-lana-del-reys-biggest-hits/ 

the exact exerpt is from The Sun though