Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

260 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Reycists wanting Lana to be a depressed bitch for the rest of her life confirmed.

Also, I don't see how this album lacks "tha spark" or whatever. It's actually her most passionate, intimate record to date?

well atleast depressed lana could make memorable music  :ohno:

Shut up gays what u call spark i call sadness, problematic relationships and depression. Let the girl be happy and sing happy things..we in the position of fans have to support on her new and brillant life... Ultraviolence is a masterpiece but it was a moment of her life.. A BAD moment.. We dont want this spark again..

Lust For Dead   large.gif

Shut up gays what u call spark i call sadness, problematic relationships and depression. Let the girl be happy and sing happy things..we in the position of fans have to support on her new and brillant life... Ultraviolence is a masterpiece but it was a moment of her life.. A BAD moment.. We dont want this spark again..

Tbh LFL is still not 100% happy... its just her transition to that "new and brilliant life". She said Yosemite is her happy place, and "she s just not there yet". Thats why we dont have it.

Lana still sings about some personal issues on this album... and IMO even if she was to become truly happy... :party:....

Although i cant really see that happen easily :noparty: I HOPE she gets better

its Lana... she is a special spark. Happy, sad, angry, sensual, playful.. its Lana :flutter:

(IMO,imo)

Life is Beautiful is "positive Lana" done in the correct way. (Not that there's ever a correct way to be positive but...) If LFL had more songs like that it would've been incredible. That's the spark in her music i think LFL kinda lacked. I'm not trying to put down the record in any way because i do love it, but that's just my opinion

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Tbh the Burn Norton interlude is more entertaining than White Mustard

:toofunny:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Life is Beautiful is "positive Lana" done in the correct way. (Not that there's ever a correct way to be positive but...) If LFL had more songs like that it would've been incredible. That's the spark in her music i think LFL kinda lacked. I'm not trying to put down the record in any way because i do love it, but that's just my opinion

Agree 100%

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

What I'm not understanding is that people use LFL as evidence that Lana isn't making "depressed" music anymore...people, the record is not happy. Not sure what album y'all are listening to but the one I have is dark, atmospheric and full of meaningful lyrics. The album is hopeful for a better, happier future, but knows we aren't quite there yet. That's why she cut Yosemite in the first place. 

These lyrics have less of a mourning feeling to them than others because it isn't as focused on Lana herself and her relationships. I think what you want is for Lana to continue pining for lost love with men that aren't good for her. I agree that the music was beautiful when she was singing about those things but she is growing and expanding her horizons as an artist. Don't confine her to one topic.

This is not happy Lana. This is self-aware, politically aware, hopeful, confident Lana. A happy album is Songs in the Key Of Life by Stevie Wonder.

Lana is capable of making good music that is "happy" or "hopeful" or whatever you want to call it

But LFL just isn't it in my opinion

It does have some highlights for sure, but it doesn't feel as interesting or fresh or as beautiful as a lot of her older work to me.